Getting less Xbox series controller warranty period when registered on site.

Discus and support Getting less Xbox series controller warranty period when registered on site. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Purchased xbox series controller from amazon india. As I registered with MS, it shows less warranty period than stated by MS. How do i get the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by saman pathan, Mar 14, 2023.

1. saman pathan
    saman pathan Guest

Purchased xbox series controller from amazon india. As I registered with MS, it shows less warranty period than stated by MS. How do i get the mentioned warranty period to be update on my account.

:)

saman pathan, Mar 14, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

the xbox controller has a 90-day warranty, what happens is that your xbox or xbox controller is not national, and the record you are looking at is not an xbox or xbox controller manufactured in your country. that is, the same sequence of serial numbers is used in other countries, look behind your xbox and you will see the seal where it informs where it was manufactured.

The warranty is not updated, even because the xbox or xbox controller that is registered in your account is not yours, but fear not, if you need repair, just present the invoice to support in the online chat options or request a call and ask him to open the repair.
  3. smileskybird Win User

Utterly Furious!

There is a video on their official Xbox YouTube site titled 'Behind the Scenes at Xbox'.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_nNWCdJKQw They showed how they engineered the Xbox 1 controller 'up to 2,000,000 presses with a single controller'. This should mean that controllers should really come with
    a 12 month warranty instead of a warranty period of much less. Why spend millions of dollars on a controller and give a consumer a very short manufacturers warranty of not even a year.
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox controller "double" jumping and drift after 2 months

As you mentioned that you registered i believed it was an elite controller, but standar controllers have a different warranty period and all warranty periods start from the purchase date

As the rep mentioned, yes, they should last longer, fortunately you was able to get clarification on the situation
  5. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Anyone else regret buying the elite series 2?

To my understanding, the Elite Series 2 controller has a 1 year warranty. If you are experiencing issues within the warranty period, you can request a repair/replacement service.

To get started, sign in at Device services,
    select Register new device, and then follow the instructions.

After you've registered, you'll see the warranty status for your device. If it's within warranty, repairs are free. If your device is out of warranty, you'll be charged a repair fee.
  6. x Born Red Win User

Elite ver.2 ghosting

For some reason, I was able to register my Series 2 under my Microsoft account when I bought it. I can go in a request a replacement from there, but not through the Xbox support site where it tells me the serial number doesn't exist.

Try logging into your Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com , register your controller under devices if you haven't, and hope it recognizes you have the extended warranty when you request a replacement
Thema:

1. Getting less Xbox series controller warranty period when registered on site. - Similar Threads - Getting less series

2. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  3. How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?: Hey, only just gone on to use the new Ai video editor and was really intrigued to find out how well it would do a video I needed doing. I put in one of my videos I needed editing and was all fine...
  4. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  5. I can get my controller off of fast scroll.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can get my controller off of fast scroll.: I can get my controller off of fast scroll. 763744de-ab88-4474-b311-8b17845f245d
  6. Get To Know Our Team: Chad - Senior Software Engineer

in XboX Insiders
    Get To Know Our Team: Chad - Senior Software Engineer: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  8. Cant get refund for Call of Duty: Vanguard even though i refunded it less than 72 hours...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant get refund for Call of Duty: Vanguard even though i refunded it less than 72 hours...: Im someone who buys games in bulk, Im not over the age of 18 so i have nothing to do but save my money so i thought id spend some on myself by getting alot of games. Call of duty was one of them....
  9. Can we get a less cluttered Home Screen for Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we get a less cluttered Home Screen for Xbox?: The current Xbox series X Home Screen feels outdated, it’s been the same for years now and we didn’t even get it updated when the new console came out. The Home Screen is not pleasant to look at...
  10. I have less than one week left of Ultimate and I have a 3 month Gold code, will I get 50...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have less than one week left of Ultimate and I have a 3 month Gold code, will I get 50...: Okay so I already used the $1 gold to ultimate deal and my months that were converted are about to end. I am wondering if I will get 50 days + 1 month more of ultimate after redeeming my 3 month...