Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.

Discus and support Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; After I updated my laptop (HP VIctus 15) when I opened my games I was capped at 60 fps when I was in full screen. But when I was using windowed mode it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by awesometasee, Mar 30, 2024.

  1. awesometasee
    awesometasee Guest

    Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.


    After I updated my laptop (HP VIctus 15) when I opened my games I was capped at 60 fps when I was in full screen. But when I was using windowed mode it would get uncapped. I have a 144 hz display and have a nvidia graphics card. I checked for vsync on all of my software and all was turned off, even if it was on I should have been getting 144 fps. I already tried restarting my computer and I looked at restore points I can not find any. I tried different games like stumble guys, fortnite, roblox, stumble guys, and apex legends. On all these games I would get capped at 60 fps full screen and on windowed mode I would get over 200 fps. This happened after I tried installing my updates because I paused them for a month or two.

    :)
     
    awesometasee, Mar 30, 2024
    #1
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

    Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.

    Hi Awesometasee, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

    I am sorry to hear that.

    Please, uninstall the current Graphic Card drivers.

    Open the Device Manager window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Device Manager".

    Select Display Adapter > Right-click the device, and click Uninstall Device > OK

    Then, restart your PC.

    Then enter your graphics card manufacturer page, and download and install the latest drivers.

    https://www.nvidia.com/geforce/drivers/

    Let me know if it works!
  3. ScotScottScottt Win User

    xbox game pass PC Hellblade Senua Sacrifice ! Cannot change Resolution

    Same issue with 30fps cap in fullscreen mode. Game is installed through gamepass/Xbox for PC app and will only give 60 fps running in windowed mode. Maximizing the game window also drops the fps from 60 to 30, no matter the resolution. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated.
  4. ThePurpleMario Win User

    Minecraft FPS Stuck At 60 While I'm At Full Screen (Not Happening In Older Windows Versions)

    My problem is with Minecraft. In windowed mode, my FPS is crazy, above 200.

    But while in fullscreen (Even windowed full screen), my FPS caps at 60, even with Optifine.

    I had to ask here, because this is a problem with Windows 10. I'm running 10 Home 1909, the latest release. That doesn't happen with Minecraft Windows 10. Is Microsoft trying to find a way to pull users to Bedrock?

    I would appreciate your help :)
  5. flankmaker Win User

    Sea of theives 30 fps

    Then how can I get 60 fps? I always get 60 fps in Forza, GTA V and Fortnite.

    Do I get 60 fps at 4k UHD?
    My friend has run his tests on SoT and we have reached the conclusion that you are capped at 30fps. There is no way to bypass this and as a result you can only run the game at 30fps.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

    Sea of theives 30 fps

    Then how can I get 60 fps? I always get 60 fps in Forza, GTA V and Fortnite.

    Do I get 60 fps at 4k UHD?
    Some games can run at 60fps on the S depending on hw demanding the games are, however, SoT is most likely capped at 30. That's what I've been able to find out.
Thema:

Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.

Loading...
  1. Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode. - Similar Threads - Getting capped fps

  2. How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?: I hit Level 5 a little while back, and I've been an Insiders member for almost 5 years. The Xbox Insiders page says you can change your ring in the Xbox Insiders app via the Manage button, but I...
  3. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.

    in XboX Insiders
    When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.: I get it. Things take time. But how long has it been for some ppl who have been far more active than me in the beta stage for their shot at alpha? This isn’t a demand, I’m simply asking, can you...
  6. Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier: Do I have to get a invite to move up and is that the only way I can get the update for disk to digital submitted by /u/supermario6486 [link] [comments]
  7. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  8. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  9. On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.

    in XBoX on Windows
    On 1 document only, I cannot get rid of caps lock.: I am totally confused. On only 1 document, caps lock seems to be on when it isn't. It's the ONLY document this is happening with. How can I stop it? 22cb30e6-4e8f-4b7e-8354-0656194f0f22
  10. Get your cap together

    in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Get your cap together: I got my fifa 17 preorder back when it came out around September 13th. Still no 15000 credits. 0d89105d-43b6-4edd-86f9-1ac659c81bcd