Getting audio from the xbox x series when connected to a computer screen

Discus and support Getting audio from the xbox x series when connected to a computer screen in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, we have an xbox x series connected to a computer screen. Is there a way to have audio via a bluetooth speaker or with the usb cable?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by joke sterckx, Nov 25, 2022.

1. joke sterckx
    joke sterckx Guest

Hi, we have an xbox x series connected to a computer screen. Is there a way to have audio via a bluetooth speaker or with the usb cable?

:)

joke sterckx, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Joke, unfortunately it is not possible, Microsoft removed the optical output of audio that was coming from the console.

As you are connecting the console by HDMI on the monitor, it would have to have an audio output as the TV's have.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Many monitors have headphone 3.5mm jacks for output. The entire consumer electronics industry has eliminated optical and analog outputs.

HDMI splitters may introduce lag

You have two options

1- Buy a TV. Monitors are just TVs with tweaked firmware they Jack the price on. Any TV in the market is perfectly fine for gaming above the lowest tier

2- Buy a receiver with HDMI switching. Many of these support Bluetooth, which Xbox does not.
  4. joke sterckx Win User

Hi Georges!

Thanks a lot for your quick and clear answer. I m not very technical at all, so i now dont have to spend hours trying to make it work. Where are the days you just plugged in your super nintendo, the game and ready. :-D

Why would Microsoft make it easy when difficult works fine as well.

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Best regards Joke
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, there are two more possibilities, if your monitor has no sound output, the first are hdmi spliters with sound output, you can easily find on e-bay.

And the second would be to connect a sound cable with P3 connector at the output of the controller and connect the other end of the cable on your audio device.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
Thema:

1. Getting audio from the xbox x series when connected to a computer screen - Similar Threads - Getting audio series

2. how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how do i get my game and party audio on to my stream?: Whenever i stream i cant hear my game or party audio on my stream and ive tried everything that youtube and tiktok have said and it still doesnt work 499206f1-f0bc-4723-b6c6-c848154e8d30
  3. how do i get (record) the chat audio from my Xbox series x to my evga xr1 connected to my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i get (record) the chat audio from my Xbox series x to my evga xr1 connected to my pc: I currently have the xr1 setup correctly, as per the instructions and evga. I am running OBS which is the native program. I have a microphone setup to record my audio (my voice only) and the video...
  4. How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get audio to play through my wired headset?: I need help. I'm very confused. So I plug in my AUX wired headset and the controller recognizes it. But no audio is going through. Yes, the headset still works. But when I join a party, I can hear...
  5. how do I get The audio In the headphones

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I get The audio In the headphones: I got new jbl Quantum 200 for Christmas and when I plug them in The audio did go in the headphones and I tried my old ones and the same thing happened how do I get The audio In the headphones...
  6. Can't get discord audio to transfer to xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't get discord audio to transfer to xbox: Can't get discord audio to transfer to Xbox. Tells me I need to link but relinking does not resolve. Any trouble shooting advice? Tried restarting xbox and internet....
  7. When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled

in XBoX on Windows
    When i use my xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets muffled: I just upgraded headphones from razer krakens to the new xbox wireless headset. When i use the xbox wireless headset on my PC the audio gets all muffled when i join a lobby with my friends or even...
  8. How do I get the audio at my PC to work thru my Epson overhead projector?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the audio at my PC to work thru my Epson overhead projector?: How do I get the audio at my laptop PC work thru my Epson overhead projector? 178ee382-da5f-437e-9430-677137fe9fff
  9. How do I get my Xbox series x audio to work again with a tv.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my Xbox series x audio to work again with a tv.: I reset my console completely to reset its quality to work on a different tv. Now the audio doesn’t work and when I plugged it back into my other monitor there is still no audio coming from the...
  10. Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to get audio through the controller without using Bluetooth for the series X...: I see that it can connect via blue tooth to have the audio transfered from the TV to the Bluetooth headset, but what if you are not using Bluetooth. How does one get the audio to play by plugging...