Getting Atmos sound from blurays/UHDs

Discus and support Getting Atmos sound from blurays/UHDs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Wonder if I'm missing something... Can't get XBoxS to output Atmos from any of (supposedly) Atmos-capable soundtracks on blurays or UHDs. It always... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by escogr, Dec 3, 2017.

  1. escogr
    escogr Guest

    Getting Atmos sound from blurays/UHDs


    Wonder if I'm missing something... Can't get XBoxS to output Atmos from any of (supposedly) Atmos-capable soundtracks on blurays or UHDs. It always ends up as "D-TrueHD" on receiver (so, clearly a bitstream but missing TrueHD extensions that is Atmos?) "Let
    receiver decode my sound" for blue ray setting IS ON, sound configuration IS "Atmos", and the XBoxS-amp connection is capable : it outputs Atmos perfectly from those samples XBox Dolby app, and then it displays as "D-Atmos" on receiver screen. Does this work
    for anyone? Any extra setting that needs to be set?

    :)
     
    escogr, Dec 3, 2017
    #1
  2. nqstv
    nqstv Guest
    Atmos not Working in Bluray App

    I have this same problem. I'm not getting the Atmos Bitstream from UHD Blu Ray discs. Games aren't a problem and the demo videos from the Atmos App work fine, i.e. my receiver shows Dolby Atmos. But when I play a UHD Disk from the Blu Ray app, it defaults
    to Dolby TrueHD. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed this down to an issue with the Blu Ray player App. The only thing I haven't tried, which I will tonight, is to uncheck the "Let my Receiver Decode" check box. Which shouldn't fix the problem, but I'll try it
    anyway.
     
    nqstv, Dec 3, 2017
    #2
  3. Dolby atmos not recognizing sound bar

    one tried with chat but not working, and suggested trying here. I have a new Xbox one s and trying to get it to work with my lg sj9 sound bar. I installed the Dolby app and when I select Dolby atmos in settings says my device doesn't support atmos. The
    sound bar does and I have tried different cables. No when I play a movie uhd that bias atmos it works.

    Is this a problem with edid tables from Dolby app to sound bar or something else?

    Thanks
     
    Darth Firedawg, Dec 3, 2017
    #3
  4. DontBuyXboxForUHDBlu Win User

    4K UHD Blu-ray problems - picture stuttering

    Spent 2 and a half hours after this last update ruined everything.

    Fix for me:

    Uninstall/reinstall BluRay App

    Set playback to stereo (Temporarily)

    Disable 24hz, Disable 50hz, Enable HDR, Disable Amp controlling playback (under bluray)

    - Shutdown xbox

    - Power on xbox

    - start playing any Bluray/UHD BluRay.

    - Aslong as this works, start turning on features again

    - Rewind UHD to begining, set your surround sound/atmos/amp decode audio.
  5. markdbrown Win User

    Dolby atmos not working and receiver showing multi channel in.

    Thanks for your suggestion. All my settings are as they should be. Tried resetting both xbox and receiver. Still not working, although UHD blurays show atmos.
  6. Jloc Stl Hustla Win User

    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos not working

    I'm having the same problem as well. I have a LG E7 and it has the built in Dolby Atmos sound bar. I can't even get 4k uhd disc to play due to Dolby Atmos. If I turn Dolby Atmos off in the movie's menu, the movie will play. If I
    turn it back on the movie will freeze and sound will continue to play. It will not play both at the same time. Also I can't get it to work at all on video games. When I go to the Xbox sound and connecttions menu and turn on Dolby Atmos all sound stops. I have
    no receiver or anything to test it on that away. I was happy with the e7 sound bar Atmos performance. I talked with a rep from Microsoft and he said it sounds like it's the blu ray app having a problem and probably needs an update. I'm not sure.
  7. JamesWenham1 Win User

    Will Microsoft every update the UHD blu ray player to be able to stream atmos?? It’s a joke

    Settings are all set up for atmos, the UHD player doednt support Dolby Atmos metadata. Highest it can do is Dolby Tru HD. The one x plays games - streams content from netflix, youtube etc in Dolby Atmos this is confirmed on thr TV and the Sound system.
    I have dolby access all my components are correct. I dont see why if microsoft have the license for Atmos (as its funtioning on all other aspects in tbr console) that they wouldnt just do a software update so the UHD player can. Looking at thr specs on tbe
    series x that still shows the new UHD player on the series x still doesnt put out dolby atmos. Needs updating
  8. LEE DIO Win User

    To Microsoft on ideas for Xbox: Project Scorpio:)

    i think you guys must add on xbox scorpio , 4k hdr bluray player, dolby atmos, dts x, sound
Thema:

Getting Atmos sound from blurays/UHDs

Loading...
  1. Getting Atmos sound from blurays/UHDs - Similar Threads - Getting Atmos sound

  2. How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?: I hit Level 5 a little while back, and I've been an Insiders member for almost 5 years. The Xbox Insiders page says you can change your ring in the Xbox Insiders app via the Manage button, but I...
  3. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  4. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  5. When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.

    in XboX Insiders
    When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.: I get it. Things take time. But how long has it been for some ppl who have been far more active than me in the beta stage for their shot at alpha? This isn’t a demand, I’m simply asking, can you...
  6. Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier: Do I have to get a invite to move up and is that the only way I can get the update for disk to digital submitted by /u/supermario6486 [link] [comments]
  7. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  8. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  9. Will nightreign get disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Will nightreign get disc to digital: I wanna gameshaee with my brother and was wondering submitted by /u/hu-man-person [link] [comments]
  10. How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get Alpha access for Xbox Insider?: I am interested in testing new alpha features but I can’t seem to figure out how to gain access to the alpha on Xbox Insider. I’ve done all available surveys and activities but they seem limited....