Getting alerts that my External Drives are ready to use on every cold boot on Series X.

Discus and support Getting alerts that my External Drives are ready to use on every cold boot on Series X. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Every time I cold boot or restart my console, I am alerted that my external drives are ready to use. I am not surenif this is intended behavior, but I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/spartan_mortis, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Getting alerts that my External Drives are ready to use on every cold boot on Series X.

Every time I cold boot or restart my console, I am alerted that my external drives are ready to use. I am not surenif this is intended behavior, but I wasn't getting this on my One X. I am currently on the most recent Public release of the dashboard from November 30th, and am using Energy Saving mode.

submitted by /u/spartan_mortis
    [link] [comments]

/u/spartan_mortis, Dec 1, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. Gregory A Merkle Win User

My xbox series x boots to saying its offline, can this be fixed?

The issue ended up being the external hard drive I had connected, it had system config data from a Series S I used to have. If I booted the series x without the hard drive attached no issues. I re-formatted the external hard drive and the issue went away.
  4. D4y1v1n5 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

I'm planning on running my 360 and XB1 games from an external drive, but because my internet isn't the fastest I wanted to start downloading the Series X upgrades now, ready to transfer to the Series X's internal storage so they'd be ready to play sooner.
    I'll make do with the non-Series X games until they've been installed then.
  5. Jerry Callaghan Win User

My Xbox Series X keeps crashing on start up?

The Seagate ssd card works fine i have COD transferring now to it.

Short if it is i think it is a boot initialization issue. Only folks that spend $$$ on the 1tb ssd drive and added 2.5 externals are likely seeing it.

I saw it happen on 2 series x consoles with 2 different samsung 1tb drives and the external drives plugged in.

So I'm pretty confident that it is a boot sequence glitch. Seeing that another person reported the same soft boot issue for restart and I saw the system do a cold start 2x today, this thing is definitely repeatable.

Remove the Seagate and leave your external in and then do a restart, then do it with the Seagate in. You will likely experience the soft restart issue I was seeing and another user confirmed.

The 2 series x units I had were pretty far apart serial wise and the 2 Seagate ssd i got seemed to be fine without external drives and work fine for data transfer, so all things considered i think Microsoft needs to fix the boot seek sequence...
  6. AnimeGamerWeeb Win User

Achievement notifications not showing up.

I used to be able to pop 1 from a cold boot but now nothing.

Good job M$!

The more you stay silent, the longer my Series X stays for sale.
Thema:

Getting alerts that my External Drives are ready to use on every cold boot on Series X.

1. Getting alerts that my External Drives are ready to use on every cold boot on Series X. - Similar Threads - Getting alerts External

2. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  3. How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get past the aspect ratio/ length part on the ai video editor on clipchamp?: Hey, only just gone on to use the new Ai video editor and was really intrigued to find out how well it would do a video I needed doing. I put in one of my videos I needed editing and was all fine...
  4. I can get my controller off of fast scroll.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can get my controller off of fast scroll.: I can get my controller off of fast scroll. 763744de-ab88-4474-b311-8b17845f245d
  5. Why do I get the alert of “you can’t migrate your gta online profile while it’s signed in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get the alert of “you can’t migrate your gta online profile while it’s signed in...: Don’t know how to sign out of old gen to migrate to enhanced gen e8f7a5ad-75f5-49c7-b061-036d6283af5a
  6. Can I get alerted when item is back in stock

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I get alerted when item is back in stock: I am going to be purchasing the Xbox Starfield controller but its out of stock. Is there a way I can get an alert or notification when its back in stock? 80f1776b-018c-48c7-9fc4-54653043f131
  7. Why do I have a service alert with a yellow ! On my Xbox 360. I can't get apps to work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have a service alert with a yellow ! On my Xbox 360. I can't get apps to work: Service Alert with a yellow !. Will it fix itself or do I have to do something? f41aa514-c9ff-46f5-8a64-ab6b40078c66
  8. IN MY NETWORK SETTINGS AFTER DOING TEST XBOX LIVE I GET SERVICE ALERT

in XBoX on Consoles
    IN MY NETWORK SETTINGS AFTER DOING TEST XBOX LIVE I GET SERVICE ALERT: I KEEP GETTING A SERVICE ALERT MESSAGE AFTER RUNNING A TEST EVERYTHING ELSE IS UP AND RUNNING>>>>PLEASE HELP I TRY TO CONNECT IN XBOX LIVE TO PLAY SOMEONE AND GAME WONT CONNECT WITH OTHER PLAYER....
  9. I get an Alert I can't Get Rid of Before I can Even Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get an Alert I can't Get Rid of Before I can Even Play: When I try to get into the game now at the time when the loading pictures come up and the option to go online or not, I am hit with an alert saying I'm not signed in when I can. It has an option...
  10. Matchmaking service alert no chance to get in xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Matchmaking service alert no chance to get in xbox live: Hi. I have gone trough a lot of forums tried everything i could but it keeps freezing my xbox because it tries to connect to xbox live. My kids cant play any games online and cant download gold...