Getting a Friend's Notifications

Discus and support Getting a Friend's Notifications in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I helped a friend get a custom picture since I have a desktop with Windows 10 and he doesn't. Signed him in, uploaded the picture he wanted, signed him... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MG Red Spectre, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Getting a Friend's Notifications

I helped a friend get a custom picture since I have a desktop with Windows 10 and he doesn't. Signed him in, uploaded the picture he wanted, signed him out and signed myself back in. Now I get my notifications AND his, and my gods is it annoying. Does anyone
    know a fix besides just uninstalling the Xbox App?

:)

MG Red Spectre, Sep 16, 2017
  2. Chimera30
    Chimera30 Guest
    Getting notifications about people not on my friend's list

Once again trying to get this issue noticed. A couple months have passed and user JoeDannyMan is the only person who I continue to get notifications about even though they are not on my friends list. I got a notification that the user came online just
    yesterday, so the issue is definitely still in effect. Are there any ideas/suggestions/fixes that anyone can provide?

Chimera30, Sep 16, 2017
  3. Chimera30
    Chimera30 Guest
    Getting notifications about people not on my friend's list

Hello, I have been having a recurring issue. I get notifications for players who sign on that are no longer on my friend's list. I get notified when certain players who I added in the past and have since removed sign on. I have tried readding and defriending
    this people, but I still get notifications. I can't really tell how many players this bug applies to because I only notice the issue when they sign on. The last notification I got for a non-friend was for play JoeDannyMan, who is definitely not on my friend's
    list anymore but I still got an online notification about them. Is there a way to get this issue resolved? Thank you.

Chimera30, Sep 16, 2017
  4. Rv Ferguson Win User

No notification when friends come online (notifications turned on )

Same here. I no longer get notifications when friends come online. I only get notifications when a friend is playing the same game as me. Msg notifications and party invites works fine, but it's kinda annoying if you're playing a different game waiting for
    your friends to come online.
  5. GlenTaylor1970 Win User

Friend Online Notifications Not Working

I wasn't getting notifications for when I had it set to favorites only, changed it to all friends and that worked for a day and now not getting notifications for anything, friends, achievements etc.
  6. Mister Taurus Win User

Getting no notifications from friends

Hi DEATHGR1N,

We appreciate you reaching out to us and understand your frustration. We recommend powering down your console, unplug the console and router for five full minutes, and power your console back on. This will clear your cache. If you still see issues, we recommend
    refreshing your profile by removing it and adding it again. The steps listed on our

support page for profiles
    should help.
  7. MedShot Win User

"New Followers" Notification is Not Working For Me

"You don't get notifications for followers"

.....you get a notification when somebody adds you as a friend aka follows you.
  8. RadioFish Win User

Friends online notifications not popping up

Also not getting notifications when friends sign in.
Thema:

Getting a Friend's Notifications

1. Getting a Friend's Notifications - Similar Threads - Getting Friend's Notifications

2. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  3. Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can we please get back out "friends in games" button in the people tab: The new dashboard update removed a very important feature on the most recent update. That is the friends in games option. You used to be able to see all the games your friends were playing. It...
  4. Anybody having issue with not getting notification when friends log on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody having issue with not getting notification when friends log on?: I have a Xbox Series X and I don't get the notification no more when my friends log on. If anybody got a solution please post it. Microsoft please address this issue!...
  5. Why am i not getting friend online notifications?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am i not getting friend online notifications?: Over the past two months it seems, I no longer receive notifications when friends and favorites log onto xbox. I don’t get them on my phone app or system. I’ve gone through the trouble shoot...
  6. Why am I not getting friend notifications????

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I not getting friend notifications????: For over a month now, every time I’m on my Xbox and one of my favorite friends gets on, I don’t get any notification that they are on, neither on the Xbox or on the app. I was hoping it would be...
  7. Not getting notifications for friends being online.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not getting notifications for friends being online.: Hi, I have been having this issue for about a month and a half now. I am not getting any type of notification for when a friend or favorite friend comes online. I have double check to make sure I...
  8. Not getting notifications when friends get online.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not getting notifications when friends get online.: For a little over a week me and my friend have not gotten any notifications when someone gets online. We are both getting invites, messages what ever else there is, but 0 notifications when a...
  9. Is anyone else not getting notifications when their friends are online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is anyone else not getting notifications when their friends are online: I can't seem to get notifications to show on my phone or Xbox when favorited friends get online and it's kind getting annoying. If anyone else is having this problem please help...
  10. Xbox live friend already online..but keep getting notifications that he has come online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live friend already online..but keep getting notifications that he has come online...: As the title states, Im having a problem with getting a notification about my friends who also are having the same problem. Every so often we will get a notification saying one of us got online,...