Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller

Discus and support Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so I hit the guide button on my Xbox one controller and when I do it doesn’t show me anything like my friends list, achievements, settings, account,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jdogawesome, Jan 8, 2018.

  1. jdogawesome
    jdogawesome Guest

    Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller


    so I hit the guide button on my Xbox one controller and when I do it doesn’t show me anything like my friends list, achievements, settings, account, etc. all I get is a dim screen

    :)
     
    jdogawesome, Jan 8, 2018
    #1
  2. Xbox home and menu button

    When I'm in a game and press the menu button the screen dims but the black screen on the right where your accounts are displayed does not appear. This means I am unable to change my account. When I press a on the top left corner of home where it shows what
    account you are logged into the screen dims but again nothing happens so I can't change account. When I press the Xbox home button in a game the screen dims but nothing turns up. This means that when i can't quit games without turning off my Xbox. This is
    the first time I've had this issue. I used my xbox two days ago and it was fine. How do I fix this.
     
    kurtZoumaisgod, Jan 8, 2018
    #2
  3. itzjughead
    itzjughead Guest
    Xbox help needed

    I'm also having a problem with my sidebar. Whenever I press the Xbox button on the controller for it to pop up, it never does. The screen just dims and if I press it again it just brightens. Could someone please help me fix this?
     
    itzjughead, Jan 8, 2018
    #3
  4. Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller

    CursingArcher3, Jan 12, 2018
    #4
  5. Hard reboot fixed it for me. Turn off the console, then unplug it... wait about 30 seconds, plug it back in, and reboot.
     
    CursingArcher3, Jan 13, 2018
    #5
  6. CursingArcher3, Nov 1, 2018
    #6
  7. CursingArcher3 Win User

    Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller

  8. CursingArcher3 Win User

    Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller

  9. CursingArcher3 Win User

    Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller

    Hard reboot fixed it for me. Turn off the console, then unplug it... wait about 30 seconds, plug it back in, and reboot.
  10. TimGrayson Win User

    Issues with console no responding/Black Screen of Death???

    The controller is connected, and will turn the console on without being plugged in. But the function is not working properly. When I try to use controller for anything, it lags a bit and typically will have that error code I mentioned pop up. When I press
    the button on the controller to open up the guide, the screen just dims down and nothing will show.
  11. ryans311-[xboxvenue] Win User

    Home Screen

    i started having this issue last night. i can get places using cortana, but the home screen does not show up and the side menu does not show when pressing the home button on my controller. i hear the sound, but my screen dimming is all that happens. my
    xbox one is original so it could be going out and this is the first issue ive had with it.
Thema:

Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller

Loading...
  1. Getting a dim screen when I press my Xbox one guide button on the controller - Similar Threads - Getting dim screen

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?

    in XboX Insiders
    How do I get the Beta ring for Xbox Insiders?: I hit Level 5 a little while back, and I've been an Insiders member for almost 5 years. The Xbox Insiders page says you can change your ring in the Xbox Insiders app via the Manage button, but I...
  4. Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Question about getting invited to Alpha / Alpha Skip-Ahead: Hey Xbox Insiders! I've been an Xbox Insider for 5 years and 10 months. I'm currently Level 4 with 105 XP, and I have 3 quests and 9 surveys completed. I'm really interested in joining the Alpha...
  5. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  6. When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.

    in XboX Insiders
    When the invites comin? Cause some of us are getting bored with this.: I get it. Things take time. But how long has it been for some ppl who have been far more active than me in the beta stage for their shot at alpha? This isn’t a demand, I’m simply asking, can you...
  7. Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey how do I get out of preview omega tier: Do I have to get a invite to move up and is that the only way I can get the update for disk to digital submitted by /u/supermario6486 [link] [comments]
  8. Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?

    in XboX Insiders
    Will my Hisense 55e7kpro can get xcloud?: My tv is Hisense 55e7kpro with chipset of mediatek pentonic 700(MT9618). But I have a confusion because according to this announcement...
  9. How to get to try the Disc to Digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to get to try the Disc to Digital?: Joined the insider last week and was looking to try the disc to digital feature. Found out that I can only do Omega one instead of delta one which has the disc to digital function. How can I...
  10. Can we get a feature to dim the light on the controller?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can we get a feature to dim the light on the controller?: I would like to see an option to dim the light on the Xbox button. e7320424-9b58-4edb-9552-6cbdb0f2ed72