Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one

Discus and support Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Gears of war 1 , 2 and 3 , borderlands 1 and the GOTY edition - they are all getting this error I just purchased the xbox on Thanksgiving (... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ruens7192, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Ruens7192
    Ruens7192 Guest

Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one

I have Gears of war 1 , 2 and 3 , borderlands 1 and the GOTY edition - they are all getting this error

I just purchased the xbox on Thanksgiving ( just received it yesterday) it downloaded the xbox updates.

I have tried the troubleshooting and nothing seems to be working

I can play the games on the xbox 360 with no issues. It just seems to be an issue with the XBOX one backwards compatibility. Hopefully I did not get a defective unit but it appears it may be that.

:)

Ruens7192, Dec 2, 2015
  2. HRJ86
    HRJ86 Guest
    Battlefield 3 single player disc

I am also dealing with the same dilemma as the single player disc for Battlefield 3 will not install on my Xbox One. I had to speak to a customer representative from Microsoft to figure out the issue and we went through the basic troubleshooting, but that
    did not resolve the issue as to why it will not install. It only promps with the following: this game isn't playable here for a list of Xbox 360 games playable on Xbox One, go to xbox.com/BackCompat. (0x8082000c).

The multiplayer disc will not read on the Xbox One at all as I've come to notice. That eventually gives you a message saying: Check your disk your disc might be dirty or damaged. Try cleaning it, or choose a different disk. (0x80820003 - 0x75).

HRJ86, Dec 2, 2015
  3. NEWMFIN
    NEWMFIN Guest
    your disk may be damaged

so i am getting "your disk may be dirty or damaged. try cleaning it, or choose a different disk.(0x18)" on my cod ghost disk. now i wont lie and say its perfect it has a small scratch nothing major, i have had worse disks that work fine. if i use a baby
    wipe it usually works fine scratch and all but today i went to try and play, it was in the xb all night and i played last night, now it wont read it so i took it out cleaned it and nothing.

so my question is, is this a known issue? is there a fix short of buying a new one? or is it a cod issue (ie there disks are crap)

NEWMFIN, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one

Hey there, Ruens7192! Unfortunately, if you have done basic troubleshooting, that error means that your disc drive is failing. I highly suggest you take your console back to the retailer you purchased it from. If you got it second hand, then it's likely
    this is why the user was selling the console, and you will need to contact them for selling you a defective item.

Keep us updated if you get a replacement!

Misses Quinzel, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Ruens7192
    Ruens7192 Guest
    I purchased this BRAND NEW from microsoft store on Thanksgiving. , should i call microsoft or initiate a repair or try to return it as defective? I assume this would be covered under the initial warranty?

Ruens7192, Dec 2, 2015
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    If you purchased from the Microsoft Store you should be able to set up a quick exchange in the store, I would recommend reaching out to them for that exchange Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one :)

Mister Maka, Dec 4, 2015
  7. FEARLESS TUG
    FEARLESS TUG Guest
    I honestly do not believe it is the drive failing. First of all, I can swap Xbox one games all day long and not get this error. But every time I insert an Xbox 360 game, i get this error. For every 360 title I tried. Not one, but ALL OF THEM. I even tried
    a few games that aren't compatible yet, oops, the exact same error. So I'm almost certain it isn't my drive!!!!! If someone figures out something please let me know.

FEARLESS TUG, Dec 24, 2015
  8. Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one

Hey there FEARLESS TUG!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue too! In order for you to receive support specifically tailored to you, I suggest creating a new thread. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.
    Thanks in advance!

Mister Quimby, Nov 1, 2018
  9. Mister Maka Win User

If you purchased from the Microsoft Store you should be able to set up a quick exchange in the store, I would recommend reaching out to them for that exchange :)
  10. Ruens7192 Win User

I purchased this BRAND NEW from microsoft store on Thanksgiving. , should i call microsoft or initiate a repair or try to return it as defective? I assume this would be covered under the initial warranty?
  11. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there FEARLESS TUG!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue too! In order for you to receive support specifically tailored to you, I suggest creating a new thread. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.
    Thanks in advance!
  12. FEARLESS TUG Win User

I honestly do not believe it is the drive failing. First of all, I can swap Xbox one games all day long and not get this error. But every time I insert an Xbox 360 game, i get this error. For every 360 title I tried. Not one, but ALL OF THEM. I even tried
    a few games that aren't compatible yet, oops, the exact same error. So I'm almost certain it isn't my drive!!!!! If someone figures out something please let me know.
  13. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, Ruens7192! Unfortunately, if you have done basic troubleshooting, that error means that your disc drive is failing. I highly suggest you take your console back to the retailer you purchased it from. If you got it second hand, then it's likely
    this is why the user was selling the console, and you will need to contact them for selling you a defective item.

Keep us updated if you get a replacement!
Thema:

1. Getting 0x80820003 0x75 disk may be dirty or damaged try cleaning it or choose a different one - Similar Threads - Getting 0x80820003 0x75

2. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  3. If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...

in XBoX on Windows
    If my xbox one hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will...: If my Xbox One hard drive dies, and I decide not to replace it but get a new console, will old games still be saved from where I was up to? And will my digital games(no disk) still download?...
  4. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  5. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  6. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  7. Do i only get 1 switch back at a time¿

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do i only get 1 switch back at a time¿: I was waiting patiently for my home switches to come back but I only ended up getting 1 back, does it work like when you use the individual switch it takes a year for that 1 to come back?...
  8. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  9. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  10. How to get rid of error code 0x80820003

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get rid of error code 0x80820003: I put in my xenoverse 2 disk clean and undamaged and I got the same error edcc8fa0-da64-4709-b5dd-f9839b29ed38