Get to know the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update!

Discus and support Get to know the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello fellow gamers and welcome to the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update! The new 2017 Xbox One Fall Update is going to be bringing a host of new features... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Mascot, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Get to know the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update!

Hello fellow gamers and welcome to the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update!

The new 2017 Xbox One Fall Update is going to be bringing a host of new features and improvements to Xbox One. From being able to record game clips directly to an external hard drive, to being able to customize the home screen. The new update will deliver
    many new and exciting things and faster than ever!

This FAQ guide is here to show you just a few of the new features as well as some common questions you may have.

About the new Home screen

The Xbox One dashboard is evolving to be all about you and the experiences you care about most. This new experience on Xbox One gives gamers more choice and delivers fun faster. The updated dash will include a new layout and navigation to help you access
    games and apps you care about quicker, a more social activity feed for new ways to interact with friends and a completely customizable Home via new content blocks. What’s more, with this update, Xbox One will now adapt to your preferences to present you with
    personalized gaming options most relevant for you.

The new Xbox One Dashboard experience is more streamlined and personalized, designed to connect you with the people and content you are most interested in, faster. With a new customizable content block layout, gamers can create a completely unique Home screen
    that puts the content they value most right at their fingertips.

Q: What are my options to customize my Home screen?

A: Gamers can make their Home page completely their own with customized content blocks for anything from games to friends. On the new Home screen, they can see when their friends are playing a game they’ve added to Home, see how their Achievements stack
    up against their friends, check out the latest games in Xbox Game Pass or choose to have a simple Home. Blocks can be moved up or down on Home, and gamers can change this on-the-fly as their habits change.

Q: What are content blocks? How do I add content blocks?

A: On the new Home page, content – everything from Friends, to Clubs, to games – is organized in Blocks that can be added, removed, or moved around at any time. For example, adding a game Block to your Home screen may pull in an Activity Feed post from the
    game’s developer, show you when your friends are playing that game online, suggest the next Achievement for you to pursue and provide a quick shortcut to the Game Hub for that title. To add a content block to Home, select a game or friend; press the Menu button;
    and select “Add to Home.” Blocks can be moved by hitting “Y,” or removed by hitting “X.”

Q: Will these new UI changes also be reflected on Xbox One X when it releases this fall?

A: Yes, the new UI will be available on the Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One X when it releases later this year.

Q: Will these new UI changes also be reflected on Xbox 360?

A: This new dashboard update will be available across the Xbox One family of devices only.

Q: Will you have a 4K dashboard on Xbox One X?

A: No. We made the decision to use the extra memory in Xbox One X for games to make the most immersive gaming experience.

The all new Guide

We redesigned Xbox One Guide in this update to get you to the content you care about most, quicker, so you never miss out on a moment of gaming. It’s now easier and faster than ever to switch back and forth between apps in the Guide or get back to Home.
    You’ll also notice we’ve added an all-new tab layout, which enables you to easily navigate and jump to various Guide features that are of most interest to you using the left thumbstick, d-pad or bumpers on your controller. Features such as Home and recent, Broadcast
    & capture, Sign-in, Achievements, Multiplayer, People, Messages and System will each have their own tab within the new Guide.

Q: Will I be able to revert to the previous Guide design?

A:The new Guide design will release broadly within the Xbox community to all consoles across the Xbox One family of devices.

Q:What are tabs?

A:The new tab layout within the Guide enables you to find content quicker via flyouts that offer more space and better organization of the content you care about most. For example, features such as Home and recent, Broadcast & capture, Sign-in, Achievements,
    Multiplayer, People, Messages and System will each have their own tab within the new Guide.

Q: Will I be able to customize or remove tabs? What kinds of content can I add to a tab?

A:For this initial release, fans won’t be able to customize content in the Guide. However, other aspects such as your Home will be completely customizable based on your interests with all-new content blocks.

Broadcast and GameDVR Capture

The Broadcast & capture tab has been given an update as well. With new Broadcast and GameDVR controls, in addition to quicker access to captured content, right from the dashboard!

Q: What updates have been made to the Broadcast & capture tab?

A: Mixer broadcast previews will now play directly in the Broadcast & capture tab on the dashboard. Users will also see when their friends are broadcasting, as well as receive broadcast recommendations based on the games they play.

Q:   Will I be able to save my screenshots and recorded gameplay clips to an external drive? Are there any restrictions?

A:    You can now save gameplay clips and screenshots directly to any connected external drive from your Xbox One console, allowing you to record longer gameplay clips and save more in-game moments. However, externally saved screenshots and recorded gameplay
    clips cannot be later uploaded to Xbox Live or edited in Upload Studio with this update. In addition, screenshots and gameplay clips originally saved on your Xbox One cannot be transferred later to an external drive.

Q:   How do I capture and save my screenshots and recorded content to an external drive?

A:    To capture gaming content to an external drive, start by visiting the Storage page in Settings. From the Storage page, designate your external drive as your capture location. Once your external drive is set as your capture location, all gameplay clips
    and screenshots will be saved directly to your designated external drive.

Q:   What quality of screenshots and game clips can I capture/share with this update? Will I be able to choose which quality to capture in?

A:    With this update, you can now choose to capture game clips in up to 4K/HDR, 4K/SDR, 1080/SDR (default) and 720/SDR on the Xbox One X this fall. Screenshots will be captured in the best quality output based on your TV and video game by default. We’re
    also now enabling you to record content directly to an external drive.

Q: Will GameDVR be in 4K? What about screen shots?

A: With Xbox One X, games will be able to use GameDVR to record video clips and capture screenshots in up to 4K 60 HDR. However, livestreaming and sharing will be at 1080p.

Community Tab

The new Community layout enables gamers to see more of the content they love most with a full-screen post viewer that immerses you in your feed and lets you quickly see content at a glance. The new layout also makes it easier than ever to see what’s going
    on with your Friends and Clubs. We’ve made improvements to Club discovery so you can quickly display which Clubs you’re already a part of and easily discover new Clubs to join.

The new full-screen post viewer will enable gamers to view screenshots and clips from their Community Feed in an immersive, full-screen view. This will enable friends to collectively experience and share in-game moments with one another.

Arena on Xbox Live

The Arena on Xbox Live experience is better than ever with improved tournament discoverability, new Guide accessibility and several new titles coming to its roster in the next few months, including: “World of Tanks” and “Injustice 2.” With the release of
    our latest update, fans can now create and participate in gamer-created tournaments with "Killer Instinct." In the coming weeks, new titles such as “World of Tanks” and “Injustice 2” will support Arena on Xbox Live.

Q: What does improved discoverability entail?

A: Improved tournament discoverability helps gamers find new tournaments to join, while improved Club discovery helps Arena users discover new Clubs to join or find Clubs they’ve already joined.

Support for USB Webcams

Support for USB Webcams

Q: Will Xbox One support third party cameras?

A: Yes. With this update, we’re adding USB webcam support to Xbox One. In addition, you can now broadcast your own video on Mixer using an off-the-shelf USB webcam.

Q: What apps can take advantage of third party cameras?

A: You’ll be able to plug in an off-the-shelf USB webcam to broadcast your video and audio on Mixer and Skype (Mixer requires use of a headset for mic).

Q: What resolution video will webcams pickup and playback?

A: USB webcams will support up to 1080p resolution on the Xbox One family of devices.

This is a just a small taste of what's in store for you in the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update, which is rolling out now across the world. If you have any additional questions or need help, please feel free to create a new post here on the Xbox Forums in the appropriate
    discussion or support forum, for the best community assistance.

If you'd like to see some of these features and more, be sure to check out Major Nelson in this video !

Thanks and enjoy the new Xbox Fall Update!

:)

Mister Mascot, Oct 17, 2017
  2. Fall update 2017

I don't completely understand how it's considered "faster". They added new pages to get through to get to where you want to go. I have to tab to my friends then click on my friends to see my friends. It definitely requires extra steps. Also the party chat
    system is bugged. You can't navigate through it. I hope they make some changes soon

SuperSaiyan4GT, Oct 17, 2017
  3. GreenTheFae
    GreenTheFae Guest
    Fall update 2017

is there a way to rollback to the previous update for Xbox one. The new fall dashboard and stuff may be faster but I don't like it. It feels too zoomed in to make things overly big yet they made some features super small. Switching vertically wasn't a problem
    either. It's not am extra step to things but it feels to much with this update

GreenTheFae, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox Live New Avatars Release Date??

As far as I know, there hasn't been any word yet. Last I heard was fall 2017.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

New Dashboard Fall 2017 Discussion

Other than the community/activity feed being a bit of a mess i'm fine with the latest update.

Mind you,i've had it longer than most so have got used to it.
  6. Smwutches Win User

When are the new Xbox Avatars coming out?

Last I heard was fall 2017
  7. Internet Expert Win User

Will there be a transfer cable for One X?

8. VicGOREia Win User

can you uninstall the march preview update

Apparently the new update will be here before Titan Fall (March 11) but who knows..
Thema:

Get to know the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update!

1. Get to know the new 2017 Xbox Fall Update! - Similar Threads - 2017 Fall Update

2. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Fall update 2017

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Fall update 2017: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Fall update 2017 I don't completely understand how it's considered "faster". They added new pages to get through to get to where you want to go. I have to tab...
  3. 2017 FALL UPDATE - YES! Thankyou, FINALLY FIXED!

in XBoX on Consoles
    2017 FALL UPDATE - YES! Thankyou, FINALLY FIXED!: The Fall 2017 update for Xbox One is looking great! I really love what has been done. ...and the greatest thing is that the Xbox team have FIXED the faulty sound bite that was used for...
  4. External hard drive not read after Fall update 2017

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive not read after Fall update 2017: My external hard drive is no longer being read by my Xbox one. This happened after my xbox updated to the fall update. I have since received a patch on November 1st but I am having this issue...
  5. Xbox one Startup issue after Fall 2017 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Startup issue after Fall 2017 Update: So after the Fall update my Xbox has not wanted to turn on by pressing the button on the Xbox or through a controller. What I can do to turn it on is hold the power button on the console for about...
  6. New Dashboard Fall 2017 Discussion

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Dashboard Fall 2017 Discussion: I'm sure I can't be the only one that can't stand the new dashboard. If I'm being honest every dashboard update feels like a less intuitive downgrade from the previous, this is just the first...
  7. None of my games are working after the fall 2017 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my games are working after the fall 2017 update: So I updated my Xbox one today and for a few hours my games were working okay. There were some crashes and game freezes but nothing out of the norm. However after playing fallout 4 for a while it...
  8. Fall 2017 Update is horrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fall 2017 Update is horrible: This has got to be the worst update yet. They claim the dashboard is "faster" but they threw in extra steps to get into the party chat and the friends list. Speaking of party chat, the system is...
  9. Pins not showing on Home Page since 2017 fall update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pins not showing on Home Page since 2017 fall update: Since the Fall 2017 update, I can add pins to homepage, but they don't show up. Get a weird 'they will be back soon' message. anyone else have this? I tried hard reset, clear cache, no luck....
  10. Xbox One Disc Read Issues After Fall 2017 Dashboard Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Read Issues After Fall 2017 Dashboard Update: This may just be a huge coincidence, but the day I got the Xbox Fall 2017 Dashboard update, now known good game discs will sometimes take inserting and ejecting a couple times before the Xbox will...