get away with

Discus and support get away with in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="IceStorm III"] [quote user=""]Do you mean willingly sacrificing a certain amount of users?[/quote]No product is built to satisfy all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sunburst Univox, Jan 5, 2014.

1. get away with

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user=""]Do you mean willingly sacrificing a certain amount of users?[/quote]No product is built to satisfy all users. It's not a question of "sacrifice".

[/quote]

Well, in that case I don't agree with your interpretation...appreciate your thoughts though.

:)

Sunburst Univox, Jan 5, 2014
  2. InitiateTwo
    InitiateTwo Guest
    Can this guy get away with this?

Maybe he's just lonely wanted to connect with someone. Anyway, social skills are hard!

InitiateTwo, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Eggnogga
    Eggnogga Guest
    Why PC Gaming Gets Away With It

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there was a helluva lot of conjecture in @dudeskis01 post.

Eggnogga, Jan 5, 2014
  4. get away with

[quote user="NEWB 720"]

[quote user="Dynamic Sausage"]

As for hard copies disappearing, that won't happen until the 2nd hand market is somehow made obsolete and the majority of target market countries are running high speed broadband as a minimum. I quite like the idea of the SD card which could quite possibly
    come in the next generation when the prices of high storage really plummet. Even so, there will be a market for DVD and Blu-Ray for quite a few years to come yet as not everybody has even realised the potential of their Smart TVs and PCs so in that respect,
    disc drives have still got many years ahead of them to meet that demand.

[/quote]

Tbere only exists a 2nd hand market because of cheap people who know that if they wait the price will come down on "USED" copies.

BTW can any of you figure out why digital download prices are cheaper? They have to compete with the almost free prices of craiglist and ebay.

If the physical copies can be completely done away with then the the used market will dissappear and prices can be allowed to finally rise on the digital games and remain at a stable $60 forever. A few people may get priced out
    of the market but think of the many cheap gamers will eventually give up and pay full price. Those that are priced out will still buy games, they will just have to save more money and buy fewer with the distributer getting all the money rather than some old
    guy at a flee market.

The biggest difference between digital and physical is the licensing. The publishers and service providers can rightfully retain control over access and distributing of the content. Content that you are not intended to have now
    or in the future can become unavailable.

I only wish there were something that can be done about all the physical media that is already being circulated in the used market. 100 different people reading the same copy of a book or playing the same copy of a movie or game.

[/quote]

There are people that simply cannot afford to buy games at $60, it doesn't mean they are cheap. And why would you want prices to remain at a stable $60, as a consumer shouldn't you want competition to create lower prices? Unless you work for a game company
    I can't understand the logic behind this. Why does anything need to be done about all the physical media circulated in the used market? I don't even know where you could possibly be going with this line of thinking.

5. Nobody complains about this crap with Steam.

And as others have pointed out, OP is totally overthinking what Spencer said. I use that phrase all the time, and it's never because I'm trying to pull a fast one. It basically just means, "would it be practical?"

JohnnyVonRotten, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Doesn't Steam have lower prices? I wouldn't mind going all digital if there was a dramatic decrease in the price of games. Even though you don't use it that way you acknowledge that it does usually indicate pulling a fast one so you should be able to see
    where I'm coming from. There are so many other ways to state "would it be practical" if that is indeed what he meant then it was a very poor choice of wording.

7. Also idk how many people recently purchased a laptop, bot 90 % don't come with disc drives anymore.

Upinya Slayin, Jan 5, 2014
  8. get away with

I would have that conversation but in a laptop forum. Not trying to be rude.

9. Maybe an all-digital Xbox ecosystem would've been able to duplicate the kinds of sales you see on Steam. That is, if the fanboys would dare let the thing exist in the first place.

10. Upinya,

But... but... what about kids in third world countries?! How will they be able to download games on their laptops w/out the internet?

11. Nope, that's not how it's gonna work for me at least. I'm gonna have to see the price drop first, I do not trust MS enough at this point. Just look at the price of games on the Marketplace. I haven't checked because I have the disc but I bet Halo 4 is still
    sitting $60.

12. How the hell do you expect to see price drops on games for a platform that doesn't exist yet?!?!

13. get away with

I don't, that would be impossible. If MS ever went all-digital I wouldn't invest until I saw a decrease in prices.

14. Okay... so don't buy one. But don't throw a fit about their not including a dying technology

15. LOL Don't buy what??? The platform you say doesn't exist yet? Okay, I won't. LOL Seriously though, the adults are having a conversation about the possibility of a disc-less console. Try and keep up.

Thema:

get away with

1. get away with - Similar Threads - away

2. PC xbox app opens then closes right away

in XBoX on Windows
    PC xbox app opens then closes right away: I've tried repairing and resetting Xbox app, uninstalling gaming services and reinstalling it, updating Xbox app in the Microsoft store. I pretty much tried everything i found online except...
  3. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  4. Black screen of death won't go away no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen of death won't go away no matter what: So, this has been going on for about a day or two now where when I boot up the console it just gives a black screen. The remote is unresponsive as well as the Xbox when I try to use remote play....
  5. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  6. Please take away the jump in with friends option

in XboX Insiders
    Please take away the jump in with friends option: Top of your friends list that silly box that you can’t RT down from is unnecessary. It doesn’t even show all friends in parties just random ones. Horrible idea submitted by /u/Slixoo [link]...
  7. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  8. Why do you guys keep taking away the coins from Overwatch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you guys keep taking away the coins from Overwatch?: Seriously, I killed myself to collect enough points from those damn rewards to be able to redeem 200 coins twice, and when I finally got it, you just removed any coin option from Overwatch and put...
  9. Why do you guys keep taking away the coins from Overwatch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you guys keep taking away the coins from Overwatch?: Seriously, I killed myself to collect enough points from those damn rewards to be able to redeem 200 coins twice, and when I finally got it, you just removed any coin option from Overwatch and put...
  10. Shiftlock moves my mouse away in microsoft store roblox version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shiftlock moves my mouse away in microsoft store roblox version: Hello! I have an issue with the shiftlock version of roblox (microsoft store). Whenever I turn it on, it works like normal. But my actual computer mouse doesn't get locked! For example, since I...