Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link - Can't play multiplayer

Discus and support Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link - Can't play multiplayer in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm on PC and I'm trying to play Sea of thieves now with my friends but I the invitations never work. Every time we accept an invitation it relaunches... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cesar Del Toro, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link - Can't play multiplayer

I'm on PC and I'm trying to play Sea of thieves now with my friends but I the invitations never work. Every time we accept an invitation it relaunches the game and that's it. Whenever I play other games on the cloud the notification pops up but I can't join because it says I need to select an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link, and I don't know what I need to install because the Microsoft Store doesn't give any options.

We could only play one game together which was The Ascent, this was months ago. But we have tried to play Halo, sea of thieves, Forza, and we haven't had luck.

We both are using our laptops. My laptop has windows 11 and his laptop has windows 10. In case that helps. All updated. Both use cloud gaming.

Please I need assistance on this matter.

:)

Cesar Del Toro, Jan 29, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

It sounds like you're having trouble joining multiplayer games on Xbox Game Pass for PC. One solution could be to ensure that you have the Xbox app installed on your computer, as it may be required to open the ms-xbl-multiplayer link. You can download the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store.

Additionally, try running the game as an administrator and make sure that the Xbox app and the game you're trying to play are both up to date. If the issue persists, try resetting the Xbox app and the game, or uninstalling and reinstalling them.

Another thing to check is the firewall settings of your computer and make sure it's not blocking the connection, also you can try disabling VPN if you're using one.

It's also possible that the issue may be with the cloud gaming service you're using.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try to resolve your query:
    - Restart your device.
    - Update Windows.
    - Update your device drivers.
    - Update the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    - Sign into the Xbox app and Store using the same account.
    - Remove and reinstall Gaming Services.
    - Make sure your date and time is correct.
    - Disable your antivirus.
    - Use the app troubleshooter.
    - Repair and reset the Xbox app.

For more details on the above and more troubleshooting tips, kindly visit: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  4. Richard G_1 Win User

Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

Did you buy Sea of Thieves from Steam? If so, then try using my solution.
  5. DeniqL Win User

Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you checked if your Xbox App is updated?

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app. Select Library. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
  6. ДенисЦипко Win User

I already tried everything
Thema:

1. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link - Can't play multiplayer - Similar Threads - app open xbl

2. how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i open an app that opens and closes without loading: ive tried to open spotify and i see the green logo and it closes it and takes me back to home, ive restarted my xbox 14 times and unplugged it around 8 times and that has not done anything my...
  3. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: Hello all, I've been recently having issues with playing xbox games with my friends. They would send me on invite, and I would receive a notification that they have invited me to join. However,...
  4. Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get an app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link: I'm been trying to play minecraft with my friend but I have a laptop and they both have pc and an Xbox and I when I get an invite to play with then it keep say "Get an app to open this...
  5. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer": Whenever my friend will invite me, (theyre on xbox) i keep getting this message: "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer", and it would take me to roblox but say im not able to...
  6. How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get the Xbox App to recognise Steam Apps that can open ms-xbl-multiplayer links: I just recently fully reset my PC and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. I reinstalled Steam and the Xbox App as well as the Xbox console companion. I also installed Sea of Thieves on Steam, since this...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have "it takes two friends pass" , and I play on pc , but my friends play on Xbox . whenever they try to invite me to a game and I press join this message appear ( You'll need a new app to open...
  8. Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Get the app to open this link ms-xbl-multiplayer - Unable to play multiplayer game: I get an error when I want to join a friend in the game sea of thives bb9d09bc-ddf6-4a0f-894a-4b90d82e23b0
  9. Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" when trying to...: I keep trying to play Roblox with my friends on Xbox but when they send an invite I get a popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer link" and it says "look for app in...
  10. You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer: I have Forza Horizon 5 on steam. I can't join my friend game, it say You'll need a new app to open this ms-xbl-multiplayer. and its take me to forza horizon 5 in microsoft store i try to join my...