German version of XBox 360 game Family Guy

Discus and support German version of XBox 360 game Family Guy in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My first trial at the XBox forum and I'm not sure if I should write in English or German, since my question refers to the German version of an older... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Han Sauger, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Han Sauger
    Han Sauger Guest

My first trial at the XBox forum and I'm not sure if I should write in English or German, since my question refers to the German version of an older XBox 360 game, so I assume German players would know this.

So: I would like to buy the Family Guy game, used via known platforms maybe, BUT I would like to know if the voices in the game can also be changed to their original English ones. The German translations of these series (Family Guy, Simpsons, Futurama) suck big time and I also prefer the English voices.

If you cannot change to English (like on a DVD), then I would have to find a way to buy the game from Britain or so.

Does anyone (in Germany) have this game and can tell me what the menu has to offer?

Cheers.

:)

Han Sauger, Nov 8, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

If you want to be more sure about the language, look for a disc distributed to the Americas.

That way it is more certain that the game will be downloaded in that language.

It is worth remembering that your platform needs to be configured for this region as well.
  3. Han Sauger Win User

Hi Dérek,

thanks for your research.
    However, I don't know how different the disc and the online versions are. I'm rather new to the console world (at least those that connect to the internet) and find it confusing how these things work by now. I'm also more of a disc guy and prefer to have a physical copy. I will not spend money on a game and then get the "You can play this only on one console" note.

As for different language versions, I guess it depends on the distributor. The "Broken Sword" series e. g. is always available in different languages.
    Today I tried the disc version of "Diablo 3" on XBox One and couldn't change from German to English although the console downloaded about 40 GB of data (you should think this would be enough to include two voice options).

So I guess I'll have to head over to a fan community in German and find s.o. who has the respective game.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Han, I'm sorry I can't give you such assertive information.

The game in question is not on the official marketplace or xbox store, so the information may be out of date.

But follow official game description "The Games on Demand version supports English, Italian, German, Spanish."

So I believe that you can, yes, use the game in English.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Fami...

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  5. Grimmsel Win User

Unable to redeem Gears of War 1 gift code from Gears of War 4 preorder

The original Gears of War for xbox 360 is still not buyable in the german xbox live store or as boxed versions at local dealers. Neither on xbox 360 nor on xbox one or on xbox.com webstore. But the game is downloadable on xbox one if i insert the disk version
    on xbox one.

Not shure if the codes generally not redeemable in germany or the code I received is corrupt.

The original xbox 360 Version was never officially released because of the refused rating. The pegi version was set on index by BPjM, a german governmental agency for youth protection, because of depiction of violence within the game. This summer this indexing
    was cancelled. The Ultimate Edition got a rating by German USK and is released in Germany on Xbox one and Windows 10, but not on Xbox 360.

Maybe I should ask german Microsoft support directly.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Resident Evil 4 (German version) on XBOX 360

Resident Evil 4 HD 360 game german version has Separate Ways included, but Assignment Ada and Mercenaries unfortunately are not included.
Thema:

1. German version of XBox 360 game Family Guy - Similar Threads - German version 360

2. Wolfenstein Youngblood on PC is German version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wolfenstein Youngblood on PC is German version?: Hey, I'm Game Pass user and I decided to play Wolfenstein Youngblood, but unfortunately game was downloaded in German language because by mistake I had set Germany as my country in Windows, so I...
  3. Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow - GERMAN VERSION ON XBOX ONE ISSUE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow - GERMAN VERSION ON XBOX ONE ISSUE: It is currently impossible to play Pandora Tomorrow in german on Xbox One. whenever you download the game with german region settings or install it using a german disc, you will always end up...
  4. Gears 5 Ultimate UK version play on German account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Ultimate UK version play on German account: I want to pick up an UK copy and play it in germany on my German account. Will i be good or are there some restrictions for the downloadable content? 6b42d94c-6e68-426d-a6b6-54b1fd896378
  5. German version of destiny the collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    German version of destiny the collection: does the German version of destiny the collection work on uk xbox one consoles 6089f216-0af7-470b-b43e-9fa112fcdcb1
  6. Resident Evil 4 (German version) on XBOX 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Resident Evil 4 (German version) on XBOX 360: Hello at all! Resident Evil 4 HD was released on Xbox Live for 360 years ago. The German version didn't contain the bonus games but in 2016 Resident Evil 4 HD was released completely uncut in...
  7. Switch fallout new vegas german version to a french or english version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switch fallout new vegas german version to a french or english version: hello just bought fallout new vegas and later discovered that the game was in german and as a live in french part of switzerland i do not speak german so i would like to know if i can change the...
  8. Gears of War download code not working German GoW 4 Xbox One version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War download code not working German GoW 4 Xbox One version: I recently bought the game "Gears of War 4" for XBox One, the German version. First of all, my region in the XBox One menu is set to Germany, so this has nothing to do with the issue. Now, the...
  9. Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores: Hi, there are more and more complains from people in the german forum, that they have purchased Dishonored DE from the german or austrian store, but received the english version. I know that the...
  10. Possible patch for german version of Watch_Dogs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible patch for german version of Watch_Dogs: ich will einen Patch für Watch Dogs das es 100% uncut is so wie Wolfenstein ich kann das ab und bin keine Gefahr ich hab echt viel Geld ausgeben dafür und das Spiel ist mit dieser Sinnlosen...