Geolocation issue

Discus and support Geolocation issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a NOC engineer for an ISP in the UK (brsk AS51809). We periodically get customers advising they're having issues with Xbox Rewards program... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NickCroucher, Jul 14, 2023.

  1. NickCroucher
    NickCroucher Guest

    Geolocation issue


    Hello,

    I'm a NOC engineer for an ISP in the UK (brsk AS51809). We periodically get customers advising they're having issues with Xbox Rewards program saying they're in different countries.

    We have ensured all geolocation data has been applied to RIPE and even added a Geofeed file for location services to use to all our IP ranges (both IPv4 and IPv6).

    We currently have a customer who has a support case open (ref: 7020496190) for this exact issue.

    I've also tried calling Microsoft support on multiple occasions and haven't been able to get any resolution.

    Please can someone reach out to me so we can get this sorted once and for all.

    Thanks,

    Nick

    :)
     
    NickCroucher, Jul 14, 2023
    #1
  2. NickCroucher Win User

    Geolocation issue

    Hi Onyx,

    Thanks for getting back to me.

    Do you know if there is anyone/the right team within Microsoft we can reach out to try and get some info on why this keep reoccurring? I've emailed Microsoft NOC team and I'm yet to get a response.

    Thanks,

    Nick
  3. NickCroucher Win User

    Geolocation issue

    Hi Onyx,

    I've raised a support case with this now, this however is becoming an urgent issue for us as we have had a further customer report the same issue.

    Is there any other ways to contact? I've emailed Microsoft NOC and had no response.

    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Geolocation issue

    I'm afraid not. Right now though your best path to contact would be via the Rewards Team specifically. Perhaps if you send in the form and explain what's happening they may be inclined to try and respond faster if they're able to.
  5. Onyx Is Here Win User

    Geolocation issue

    Hello NickCroucher, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

    As much as I'd like to help with this I'm afraid that you're posting to the Xbox forums here. If the person you're dealing with has an open case number then they should continue dealing with support via https://support.xbox.com/contact-us.

    However, as this is also a Rewards issue they'd probably be best to send a message to the Rewards Support Team themselves via this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequ...

    They have been busy so please let the person know that it could possibly be a few weeks before they get a response.
  6. AdamKronus Win User

    Xbox Live Gold games are different in other regions

    These geolocation locks prevent certain games from being made available in certain countries.
Thema:

Geolocation issue

Loading...
  1. Geolocation issue - Similar Threads - Geolocation issue

  2. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  3. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  4. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  5. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  6. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  7. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...
  10. Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup

    in XboX Insiders
    Delta dashboard lag issues on first bootup: I am in Delta test phase and been recently having lots of dashboard lag when you first boot up. It takes longer to load the dashboard than it normally does. Clearing the Mac address and reboot...