Generic 3.5mm headsets not working with Series X Controller

Discus and support Generic 3.5mm headsets not working with Series X Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm tearing my hair out at this problem and Microsoft's poor support so any help would be appreciated. I've tried 3 headsets on my Series X... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michele Pilsbury, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Generic 3.5mm headsets not working with Series X Controller

I'm tearing my hair out at this problem and Microsoft's poor support so any help would be appreciated.

I've tried 3 headsets on my Series X controller. (Two generic phone-type ones with mics and one with no mic)

None work. The headset is recognised in the menus but no audio comes through.

Everytime I request a call from support it says it's unavailable.

Please help, thank you!

:)

Michele Pilsbury, Mar 2, 2023
  2. Noel Hoekstra Win User

Xbox series X - AUDIO - USB vs 3.5mm headphones - Quality & Latency

I understand you about the xbox license.

I rather not want to have a wireless headset because I dont like charging and the battery life will decrease over time. So that leave me with two options:
    1. Wired, 3.5mm into the Xbox series x controller
    2. Wired, usb, into the Xbox series X

I checked the microsoft store and there are only 2 compatible series X headsets. Both wireles.

Do you know any wired Xbox series X headset? That is compatible with the series x? I prefer USB but have to go 3.5mm otherwise.
  3. Wolverine 1091 Win User

New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

So after some research it appears that the hyper X cloud 2 headset doesn't work with the new controller 3.5mm port

This headset is arguably the best vs cost headset available.
  4. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Xbox USB audio devices - please support

Hello SamuliVälimäki how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

Yes, it is possible for you to make it work, but it is a little more difficult than on the PlayStation.

To connect the HyperX Quadcast to your Xbox Series X, you will need a few accessories. Firstly, you will need a 3.5mm male to male audio cable. Secondly, you will need a Y splitter cable that has one 3.5mm female jack and two 3.5mm male jacks. Finally, you will need an Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Step-by-Step Guide

Connect one end of the 3.5mm male to male audio cable to the headphone jack of the HyperX Quadcast microphone.

Connect the other end of the 3.5mm male to male audio cable to the female jack of the Y splitter cable.

Connect the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to the Xbox Series X controller.

Connect one of the male jacks of the Y splitter cable to the audio input of the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.

Connect your headset to the other male jack of the Y splitter cable.

Turn on your Xbox Series X and the HyperX Quadcast microphone.

Go to the audio settings of your Xbox Series X and select the audio input device as “Headset mic (HyperX Quadcast)”.

https://www.ac3filter.net/does-the-...st is,sound quality in any room of your home.

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

Arctis 7 headphones

Yes, I believe you need a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack to connect the headset to the socket in the controller for these headphones to work.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Headset and controller

It could well be the 3.5mm jack socket that has been damaged. If you can, try your headset on a friends controller, to see if it works. The cheapest way around this is a headset adapter, that plugs into the controller and has a 3.5mm jack in it.
Thema:

Generic 3.5mm headsets not working with Series X Controller

1. Generic 3.5mm headsets not working with Series X Controller - Similar Threads - Generic 5mm headsets

2. Dear community, how can I connect a generic controller ro a win 10 PC to use it on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dear community, how can I connect a generic controller ro a win 10 PC to use it on...: Dear community, My son plays Minecraft on a win10 PC through xbox live. How can I give him a generic controller instead of the mouse? It works on the PC, but doesn't work on Minecraft, or...
  3. Why isn't my generic gamepad working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my generic gamepad working?: I have a generic UBIT game controller, and for some reason it doesn't work on my PC. I have used it on my brothers PC and it worked perfectly fine but when i tried it on my Pc it doesn't work....
  4. Can I charge generic AA batteries through the Xbox one controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I charge generic AA batteries through the Xbox one controller?: Hi, I recently got an Xbox series S controller and I was using some cheap batteries I had on hand to power the controller. when those batteries finally died i used a usb c cable to keep playing. I...
  5. Generic Icons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Generic Icons: So, recently I've bought some games on Steam. I decided to put them in a folder and then decided against it later. I take out the icons and to my suprise, 2 of the games had become just a picture...
  6. Generic controller on xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Generic controller on xbox series s: I have a gaming controller that registers as an xbox controller on my pc without any xinput hacks. Even when i use remote play on my pc with my console i am able to use this controller as a...
  7. Gears 5 Generic 0x0000000 error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Generic 0x0000000 error: I installed and played Gears 5. I think I tried to install both Gears 5 and the GOTY edition. The GOTY edition got installed but now. But every time the app is opened I have to dismiss an error....
  8. Keep getting generic code errors when trying to load save in Farm Together.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep getting generic code errors when trying to load save in Farm Together.: Every time I try to open a Farm Together save I get a generic code error (today's was 3014) about not connecting to a server. The number keeps changing every day. I never had this problem when on...
  9. usb gamepad detected as usb generic hud w10

in XBoX on Consoles
    usb gamepad detected as usb generic hud w10: hello, a few days ago I bought a game racing wheel, however when connecting it to my main pc it does not even appear in control panel and in device manager it only detects it as "generic USB HUB",...
  10. Addition of generic usb headphones, only via limited p2

in XboX Insiders
    Addition of generic usb headphones, only via limited p2: Suggestion - There should be a way to use the audio via USB, generic headphones, and not just the official ones, in that MS is well behind the competitors submitted by /u/Imaginary_Ruin_8891...