Generation 1 Xbox One with Kinect, HDMI video issue vs ASUS Monitor

Discus and support Generation 1 Xbox One with Kinect, HDMI video issue vs ASUS Monitor in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Long time abuser of Console and PCs' alike. My xbox was purchased from a close friend in 2013, maybe 2014. Super excited! fast forward several years,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Winterbark1340, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Generation 1 Xbox One with Kinect, HDMI video issue vs ASUS Monitor

Long time abuser of Console and PCs' alike. My xbox was purchased from a close friend in 2013, maybe 2014. Super excited!

fast forward several years, this console is still alive and kicking. Well Done Microsoft. now i am experiencing a issue with the video. i have a "decently" built PC i have spent ridiculous amounts of time in front of. i want to plug my Console into my monitor,
    i have seen a buddy of mine do it and i really want to use my monitor. the cable and HDMI port are just fine on the console to TV connection, the moment i throw it at my monitor it doesn't want to work. no video at all.

would it be a issue with the compatibility between systems??? HDMI works fine when i tested it via Spare GPU, just refuses to work on the Monitor & Console combo.

ASUS: SWIFT PG278QR

GENERATION 1 XBOX: Console

:)

Winterbark1340, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Kev7420 Win User

Maybe this can help
    1. If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.
    2. On the console, press and hold the Xbox button  for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    3. Press and hold the Xbox button  and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light
      will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let gountil the second beep occurs.
      Note If you have an Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, you’ll need to press and hold the Xbox button  and the Bind button instead, as your
      console does not have an Eject button.
    4. In either case, this will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, press the Xbox button  to open the guide. Go to System >Settings > Display
      & sound
      > Video output, and then select the resolution you want from the Display dropdown.
    5. If you’re required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you’ll want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 of the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more info, see How
      to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One
      . https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
  3. InvisibleName-[xboxv Win User

How do you enable FreeSync?

Hi HeyBlanket,

How are you connecting to your monitor? Are you passing your HDMI through any adapter or receiver before it hits the monitor? Can you let us know what make / model monitor you have? It looks like the monitor has to be Freesync 2 with HDMI 2.1. If you're
    passing your HDMI through any device like a receiver, switch, or converter, I would recommend trying with the Xbox One X plugged directly into the monitor.

let us know!

Thank you for replying. My monitor is an Asus VP28UQG. The X1X is connected directly to the monitor via high speed HDMI cable.
    I also have an Asus VP28UQG monitor directly connected and High Speed HDMI, and Freesync is greyed out. Would love to know if it’s Microsoft or Asus that needs to sort it. Asus customer service told me that the Xbox One X didnt support Freesync! So I corrected
    them, referred them to the Microsoft site, and await a further response!
  4. Cody.W Win User

Is anybody can give a suggestion about LCD monitor for palying xbox360?

Thanks u, actually I'm looking for a LCD Monitor with HDMI video input, because of the limit of my money, i have to choice a 4G xbox 360, and a Refurbished asus LCD monitor, I think I'll choice a HDD a couple of months later.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Will The Xbox series X work on a 1080p monitor?

You can still use the 1080p monitor but it will only run at 60hz, Xbox doesn't support 75hz, its either 60hz or 120hz that supported,

Games will look so much better on a 4K monitor, if you choose to get one, but bare in mind if want to get the full potential out of a 4K monitor and Series X, best to get one with HDMI 2.1,

Though 4K HDMI 2.1 monitor's are not available as of yet, end of April is when they'll start to release if not more delays,

I'm waiting for the release of these new 4K monitor's, as i'll be getting one of these...

Viewsonic Elite XG320U - 32", 4K, 144hz, HDMI 2.1

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/v...ion-144hz-refresh-rate-and-hdmi-2-1-included/

Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ - 32",4K, 144hz, HDMI 2.1

https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/asus-rog-swift-pg32uq-with-32-ips-panel-4k-144hz-and-hdmi-2-1/
  6. Penguin2056 Win User

Games are stuttering, low frame rate, lots of motion blur

Using an Xbox One and an ASUS monitor. Could it be a HDMI connection issue? I checked it between the xbox and the monitor and it seemed secure to me. I tested Skyrim and a couple other games and the same issues were there. The frame rate and motion blur
    and stuttering were all very much present so its not just exclusive to Hitman.
Thema:

1. Generation 1 Xbox One with Kinect, HDMI video issue vs ASUS Monitor - Similar Threads - Generation Kinect HDMI

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. How to switch versions on dual generational games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to switch versions on dual generational games: I own the disc version of EAFC 24 and on the cover it has that you can play on Xbox One and Xbox Series X. All my friends play on the Xbox One version while I’m on the Series X version. When I go...
  4. forza horizon 5 access to user generated content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 access to user generated content: Hi my name is Guy and in forza horizon 5 i cant access to the eventlab. its say "access to user generated content is restricted" can any 1 help me fix it? 45e6aaa3-ba75-4199-a3ad-8e976df212a4
  5. Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anybody having issues when trying to play generation zero?: When i launch Generation Zero it asks me to sign in into xbox live, which i click. however it comes up with a error saying we can't sign into xbox live, i have tried uninstalling the game, the...
  6. Why do I need next generations uns dlc to use my save data on ninja storm 4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need next generations uns dlc to use my save data on ninja storm 4?: I can’t play ninja storm 4 unless I start a new save data and I refuse to do so but I also don’t care to buy the uns dlc either. 35443c2c-d6c1-49c8-b9b3-26f4b7cca635
  7. Sonic generations series x text glitched.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic generations series x text glitched.: Sonic generations in series x, stage names are showing glitched characters. Already rebooted, cleared chache, resinstalled game, started a new save file but the glitch still present....
  8. Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic generations in series x glitched stage names.: Sonic generations in series x, stage names are showing glitched characters. Already rebooted, cleared chache, resinstalled game, started a new save file but the glitch still present. This happens...
  9. My computer generated a gamer tag (I thought) when I opened game pass, but it says last...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My computer generated a gamer tag (I thought) when I opened game pass, but it says last...: I opened up a new computer and when I went to the xbox app it already had a gamertag. I thought this was auto generated but then I noticed it said last logged in 22 days ago. Is this an open box...
  10. Are we being lied to about the performance of the next generation consoles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are we being lied to about the performance of the next generation consoles: i have an xbox series s and the graphics are terrible and blurry i been doing some digging and the xbox series s was advertised as a 1440p console but when you look at the native resolution of...