Gears of War download code not working German GoW 4 Xbox One version

Discus and support Gears of War download code not working German GoW 4 Xbox One version in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought the game "Gears of War 4" for XBox One, the German version. First of all, my region in the XBox One menu is set to Germany, so this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hoher Templer, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Gears of War download code not working German GoW 4 Xbox One version

I recently bought the game "Gears of War 4" for XBox One, the German version.

First of all, my region in the XBox One menu is set to Germany, so this has nothing to do with the issue.

Now, the German version includes download codes for Gears of war Judgment, Gears of War and Gears of War 3.

I could download GoW Judgment and GoW 3 without any problems but whenever I type in the code for Gears of War 1, it does not work. The code is valid, the system accepts it. After typing it in, the system recognizes it as Gears of War and I can click on "redeem"
    or whatever the green button says (maybe just "continue", doesn't matter). After clicking this button (when it normally says that everything worked out fine and one can download the games now) it just says "Something went wrong. Sorry about that. Please try
    again later".

I tried later, same situation. No big surprise, though, since the other codes worked fine.

When it says, "Something went wrong", in the corner on the right below is the following gibberish:

XBOS1005

e24d02d0-33ca-4b3d-93e7-b45601534138

2016/10/31 - 16:36:37 UTC

Sure, the last line is just date and time. I checked this error message with the Microsoft page where you can search for error messages but it was not found.

So, can anybody tell me how to fix this and download Gears of War 1? Or can the Microsoft support just add it to my downloads?

:)

Hoher Templer, Oct 31, 2016
  2. Grimmsel
    Grimmsel Guest
    Unable to redeem Gears of War 1 gift code from Gears of War 4 preorder

Question: A "Gears of War 1" Code is attached to the Gears of War 4 boxed versions for the german market (The boxes with the gigantic red USK18 logos on the cover".

Why is Microsoft doing this, if the GoW 1 Code is not redeemable in Germany?

Grimmsel, Oct 31, 2016
  3. glester
    glester Guest
    Gears of War 4 Ultimate: Ultimate Edition

Hi guys, I just got GoW 4 Ultimate Edition and it seems it comes with 4 additional games.

I'm wondering if the Gear of War game code is for the new Gear of War Ultimate Edition for XBOX ONE? From a promotional picture I saw it was the 360 version, why would they do that?

glester, Oct 31, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Gears of War 1 is region locked. In order to download the game, your account region and your physical location have to match and you have to live in a region where the game is available for download. Since that game is not available for download in Germany,
    you won't be able to download it.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Thanks for the quick answer. But if this is true, why do they put a code for Gears of War 1 inside and write on the game case that this game is included? That would be pure deception, then.

Hoher Templer, Nov 1, 2016
  6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Not sure. I know the digital offer usually states that it's not eligible in Germany and Japan (for that reason), but I'm not sure about the physical discs.

Smwutches, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Grimmsel Win User

Unable to redeem Gears of War 1 gift code from Gears of War 4 preorder

Question: A "Gears of War 1" Code is attached to the Gears of War 4 boxed versions for the german market (The boxes with the gigantic red USK18 logos on the cover".

Why is Microsoft doing this, if the GoW 1 Code is not redeemable in Germany?
  8. Hoher Templer Win User

Gears of War 1 is region locked. In order to download the game, your account region and your physical location have to match and you have to live in a region where the game is available for download. Since that game is not available for download in Germany,
    Thanks for the quick answer. But if this is true, why do they put a code for Gears of War 1 inside and write on the game case that this game is included? That would be pure deception, then.
  9. Smwutches Win User

10. Smwutches Win User

Not sure. I know the digital offer usually states that it's not eligible in Germany and Japan (for that reason), but I'm not sure about the physical discs.
  11. KristianGrey Win User

Make GoW collection available to buyers of GoW 4 Limited Edition Bundle

Hi SpacyMosquito2,

GoW Collection is actually part of the GoW 4 Xbox One S Version.

You may want to visit this link below to see it states that "Free download of entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection"

www.microsoftstore.com/.../productID.5058616300

I Hope this cleared out the confusion. :)

Cheers!
Thema:

1. Gears of War download code not working German GoW 4 Xbox One version - Similar Threads - Gears War download

2. I cant download gears of war 2 on my XBOX 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download gears of war 2 on my XBOX 360: I cant download gears of war 2 on my XBOX 360 9d146994-e9af-449a-b0a2-acc2ca860ec3
  3. Problema con código de descarga del gear of war 3 en xbox one s[Problem with download code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problema con código de descarga del gear of war 3 en xbox one s[Problem with download code...: Un cordial saludo comunidad, hace unas semanas compre la consola xbox one s, la cual me ofrecía el pack de gear completo. Pero el código del gear war 3 presenta un problema, ya que al momento de...
  4. Please Help Game pass On Window Store PC Gear of war 4 can't download.

in XBoX on Windows
    Please Help Game pass On Window Store PC Gear of war 4 can't download.: [img] please help me 2976d0de-7e44-4a80-a4c2-7e19d863c29a
  5. I bought Gear of War Ultimated and don't received email to redeem codes to download lasted ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought Gear of War Ultimated and don't received email to redeem codes to download lasted ...: I bought the game in february 2016. 4d1a8fd8-3cf4-49f7-b273-4859cedbe611
  6. I have the Gears of War bundle - I was able to download Gear of War 1, but not 2 through 4

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have the Gears of War bundle - I was able to download Gear of War 1, but not 2 through 4: I purchased my Xbox Gears of War bundle in October 2015. I have downloaded Gears of War 1, but havent received codes/downloads for Gears of War 2 - 4 7ae3707c-8898-4252-81b4-c2751028a3e9
  7. Gear of War 3 download code issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gear of War 3 download code issue: I have a download code that I got from Gears4, but I keep getting this error: XBOS-3012 379f6367-a9b8-40ee-b9f0-be3b5a1dc14a 2017/03/09 - 03:28:05 UTC I already tried to play with regional...
  8. Unable to download Gears of War 'Brothers to the End' pre-order gear packs | error ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Gears of War 'Brothers to the End' pre-order gear packs | error ...: Pre-ordered and preloaded gears of war 4 ultimate edition sucessfully, but I got the error code 0x87e0012c when the bundle tried installing the pre-order bonus content 'brothers to the end' and...
  9. how to free download entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection with the 1TB Gear of wars xbox ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to free download entire Xbox 360 Gears of War collection with the 1TB Gear of wars xbox ...: Hi, I bought the xbox one s 1TB gears of wars version two days ago. It is listed online that the entire gears of war game (1, 2 ,3) is available for download with the purchase. How can I download...
  10. I can't download gear of war 1 and 3 with code

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download gear of war 1 and 3 with code: I bought gears of wars 4 two weeks ago with its corresponding gears of war 1, 2, 3 and judgement codes. When I began download these games, only the gears 2 and judgement were downloaded. For gears...