Gears of war 4 play anywhere version kills VPN connection in Windows 10 Pro 1703

Discus and support Gears of war 4 play anywhere version kills VPN connection in Windows 10 Pro 1703 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ve recently discovered this issue but I’m not sure someone already have posted about this here so I’ll post just to be sure. When you... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TomChai, Sep 23, 2017.

1. TomChai
    TomChai Guest

Gears of war 4 play anywhere version kills VPN connection in Windows 10 Pro 1703

Hi all,

I’ve recently discovered this issue but I’m not sure someone already have posted about this here so I’ll post just to be sure.

When you open a Play Anywhere title or turn Game Mode on for a specific app, the VPN disconnects and will no longer work even if you turn Game Mode off. netsh winsock reset then reboot is required to get VPN back.

In where I live, VPN is required to get save data sync to work properly, at least for initial sync so I’m never able to sync my data properly.

I highly suspect Game Mode and some networking code in the game engine or system network layers have to do with this. If I force disable Game Mode in system settings and Game Bar settings, I’m able to get Forza Horizon 3 to sync, but when you log in the
    game further it still disconnects. GoW4 just disconnects immediately and sometimes the game crashes to desktop due to lost connection to the licensing server.

The game works properly if I manage to log in without crashing.

System: Windows 10 Pro 1703 MSDN, almost completely clean, just installed Chrome, Steam and couple of Steam games.

I installed MSDN copy just to rule out OEM custom image differences.

MB: ASUS B250M-A, I believe this is the only relevant hardware info because Ethernet is on it.

:)

TomChai, Sep 23, 2017
  2. Redeem Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition on Win10 PC, but Halo Wars 1 is missing

Bought it from Amazon on July, 10th. Windows 10 is up to date (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, Build 15063.483).

Ist ein Horst, Sep 23, 2017
  3. DriverKam2
    DriverKam2 Guest
    Reset the graphics, control settings every time you enter the game!

Hi,

The Windows 10 platform is used.

The changes were made, the account change, the update of Windows 10, as well as the drivers of the video card, after all updates there was this problem!

Yes, it only affected the game!

Resetting the graphic settings takes place offline and online!

Actions undertaken to solve the problem:

1) Reset the game data.

2) Reinstall the game from the Windows store.

3) Reinstall the graphics driver, old and new version.

4) Reinstalling Windows 10, from version 1607, to version 1703.

The problem remained topical!

Also reinstalled Windows 10 from version 1703, to version 1607. On the version 1703 there were problems of compatibility of the game steering wheel logitech g25.

DriverKam2, Sep 23, 2017
  4. Ist ein Horst Win User

Redeem Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition on Win10 PC, but Halo Wars 1 is missing

Bought it from Amazon on July, 10th. Windows 10 is up to date (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, Build 15063.483).
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Missing Gears of War 4 Xbox Codes

Purchasing Gears of War 4 on Windows 10 PC will automatically unlock the Xbox One version as long as you use the same Microsoft Account that the game was purchased on Windows 10 with. Purchasing any Xbox Play Anywhere game requires no further action to play
    it on both platforms.

You can find Gears of War 4 in your 'Ready to install' list on Xbox One. Hope this helps!
  6. Andrew_MSRMAME Win User

I dont want to upgrade to Windows 10. and you cant force me. but i still need to use the series X controller i just got on windows 8.1

thx. yeah i cant afford it rn. i can maybe next month. so ig i have no choice. oh well 1703 is broken. may as well replace it with a newer (Buggier in my experience) version. (my pc is in a multi-boot of Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows 10 1703 pro, and Windows 11 pro(current insider build) so yeah)
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

Pre-Ordered content not appearing in store.

Hey there Mom Am I White,

To clarify. have you upgraded your Windows 10 version to the Windows Anniversary version? This is required in order to be able to take advantage of the Xbox Play Anywhere promotion with games like ReCore and Gears of War 4.

If you haven't, be sure to do that and check in the Windows Store for the download. Let us know how it goes!
  8. XBF Brad A Win User

Letöltési probléma[Translation-Download problem]

Hello Roland,

If this title is not a play anywhere title you will not be able to play it on the PC. That could be why you are getting the error to check the account. If you are unsure if a game is play anywhere it will say it in the description. example: Gears of war

https://www.microsoft.com/p/gears-of-war-4/9nblggh4pbbm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Supports Xbox Play Anywhere: yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Gears of war 4 play anywhere version kills VPN connection in Windows 10 Pro 1703 - Similar Threads - Gears war play

2. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  3. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  4. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  5. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...
  6. Gear of War 5 on XBOX series X. Unable to play single player campaign

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gear of War 5 on XBOX series X. Unable to play single player campaign: I recently purchased Gears of War 5 on my XBOX series X. After downloading and installing all the updates I am unable to start a single player campaign. After a _loong_ time I get an error message...
  7. Gear Of War 4 Play everywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Gear Of War 4 Play everywhere: I on windows10 have bought GOW 4. I am going to buy xbox one. Whether this game will be available also on a xbox one, at the game is written that plays everywhere. .Мною куплена Gear of War 4 на...
  8. why cant I download gear of war want let me so I can play the game

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    why cant I download gear of war want let me so I can play the game: somehow it want let me download gear of war so I can play is really can u help me so I can as soon I really like gears of war 930ac188-64af-49b0-b801-9ce9276a9e4b
  9. If I play Gears of War 1 now, before I play Gears of War 4, will i get the Gear packs for ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I play Gears of War 1 now, before I play Gears of War 4, will i get the Gear packs for ...: If I play Gears of War 1 now, before I play Gears of War 4, will i get the Gear packs for playing previous Gears games still? e80b7662-cd4d-4eeb-81e9-d44da70d3a1f
  10. Unable to Play Gear of War 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to Play Gear of War 2: I've never been able to play Gears of war 2. Ok I take that back I may have beat it once on the 360. I traded it and purchased a used copy later and it never got past the load screen, I returned...