Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X

Discus and support Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know this is a known issue but thought I would post this to draw attention from Microsoft. I know that Gears 1 through 3 are legacy games, and of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Starkiller276, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X

I know this is a known issue but thought I would post this to draw attention from Microsoft. I know that Gears 1 through 3 are legacy games, and of course no one wants to claim responsibility for any errors or bugs, but I think if Microsoft offers all legacy games as a perk when you purchase Gears 4 or 5, they should make sure they work properly, besides the issue is not the game itself the issue seems to be my profile or gamertag.

I've read countless posts with workarounds (including triggering the glitch that resets your progress) and nothing works. I've unplugged my Xbox, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried the same workarounds but offline, nothing. The one thing that I find odd is that, even though I've deleted all Gears 2 files (both in my Series X and within the Xbox360 emulator) and go offline, the game still crashes when my profile is signed in, which I find extremely odd. Most people believe this is a server issue that was never fixed and that it has to do with cloud saves, however, I've literally disconnected my internet router and selected Go Offline in my Xbox settings and the game still crashes when I try to play it with my profile offline, so it doesn't really make sense.

I've seen posts where people even purchased multiple discs, bough a digital copy etc. and the issue persists. I've also seen posts where people have tried it on different consoles, and it still crashes. In my case, the latter is the only step I haven't tried, because I sold my previous Xbox consoles, so hopefully if I try it at a friend's console it'll work, but my hopes are slim.

Anyway, hopefully one more person posting about this will draw some attention from MS and get them to do something about it, because with all the tech they have and they owning Gears of War now you'd think this would be a simple fix, but it's been over a decade, so chances are I'll never be able to play Gears 2 with my profile again which sucks; Gears of War is one of the main reasons I've stuck with Xbox from the beginning but with so many issues reported (not just for Gears 2, I've seen a lot of stuff from 4 and 5 as well) and with no Gears 6 in sight, I may reconsider, and yes I know they don't care.

:)

Starkiller276, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Starkiller276, i fully understand your position, ideally give this feedback to Microsoft by the link below.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Starkiller276 Win User

Thanks. I followed the steps and reported the issue, though I'm sure nothing will come out of it, but at least I did everything I could.
  4. Mannishpatil Win User

Favourite Moments in Gaming (2018)

I picked up Xbox One X in Sep'18 and I am enjoying Halo MCC with Gamepass. I had played Halo 1 and Halo 2 way back on my PC. Other is Gear of War Series, I completed Gears of War 4 on PC and now I was able to complete the series via Gamepass.
  5. Anarchist105 Win User

Whats Your Favourite Camapign Ever?

1.Gears of war (series 1,2&3)

2.Morrowind series.

3.Borderlands series
  6. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

Favourite Xbox Game?

Shadowrun FPS

Portals 2

Gears of War series
Thema:

1. Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X - Similar Threads - Gears War Freezing

2. Gears od War 2 freezing xbox one issue one more time

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears od War 2 freezing xbox one issue one more time: Comming back to well known issue with GoW 2 freezing at start screen I'm still expecting some action and advice and finally a solution to that problem from Microsoft. The game was performing ok...
  3. Gears of war 2 freezing in main menu when trying to join in split screen on Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears of war 2 freezing in main menu when trying to join in split screen on Xbox series s: Gears of war 2 freezing in main menu when trying to join in split screen on Xbox series s acc0e225-26d8-4526-90ba-9d3ad13326a4
  4. Gears of war 2 freeze

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 freeze: I played gears of war 2 multiplayer totally fine until one day i closed the game and when i tried to open it again it froze in the main title screen, before that i could play perfectly fine the...
  5. Gears of war 2 keeps freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 keeps freezing: I currently am unable to play gears of war 2 because every time I attempt to load into a playable mode the game freezes. I only have this problem on my account. My guess is my save is corrupted...
  6. Gears of War 2 Freezing Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 2 Freezing Xbox Series X: I've been playing Gears 2 on the Series X via the Game Pass split-screen and it's completely frozen. When my friend is logged in, it works fine, but as soon as I log in it freezes. If I log in as...
  7. Gears of War 5 Campaign Freezes on the Loading Screen Way too Long & Can't get passed it. HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 5 Campaign Freezes on the Loading Screen Way too Long & Can't get passed it. HELP!: Hi all, I'm experiencing some issues with the gears of war 5 campaign. I can get to the start game screen to start it, but it stays on the loading screen way longer than it should. There's no...
  8. gears of war 2 freeze fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gears of war 2 freeze fix: just fixed gears 2 from freeze bug Are there any tips i can use or know so that way it wont happen again e3c56438-a7ab-4de5-b0ac-c3276c282872
  9. Gears of war 3 is still freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 3 is still freezing: Gears of war 3 is freezing on the startup menu. I cannot play the game. Microsoft can you please fix this issue, so I can enjoy playing it! 9e112314-22cb-4522-9f3c-224f5e2a1001
  10. Gears of War 2 freezing when syc on Xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War 2 freezing when syc on Xbox 1: Does anybody know a fix for this ? I tried the log in during training that didn't work . Can Microsoft fix this on their end ? bd62c6cd-aa64-447d-a797-b371d957b0c4