Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X

Discus and support Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I know this is a known issue but thought I would post this to draw attention from Microsoft. I know that Gears 1 through 3 are legacy games, and of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Starkiller276, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X

I know this is a known issue but thought I would post this to draw attention from Microsoft. I know that Gears 1 through 3 are legacy games, and of course no one wants to claim responsibility for any errors or bugs, but I think if Microsoft offers all legacy games as a perk when you purchase Gears 4 or 5, they should make sure they work properly, besides the issue is not the game itself the issue seems to be my profile or gamertag.

I've read countless posts with workarounds (including triggering the glitch that resets your progress) and nothing works. I've unplugged my Xbox, uninstalled, reinstalled, tried the same workarounds but offline, nothing. The one thing that I find odd is that, even though I've deleted all Gears 2 files (both in my Series X and within the Xbox360 emulator) and go offline, the game still crashes when my profile is signed in, which I find extremely odd. Most people believe this is a server issue that was never fixed and that it has to do with cloud saves, however, I've literally disconnected my internet router and selected Go Offline in my Xbox settings and the game still crashes when I try to play it with my profile offline, so it doesn't really make sense.

I've seen posts where people even purchased multiple discs, bough a digital copy etc. and the issue persists. I've also seen posts where people have tried it on different consoles, and it still crashes. In my case, the latter is the only step I haven't tried, because I sold my previous Xbox consoles, so hopefully if I try it at a friend's console it'll work, but my hopes are slim.

Anyway, hopefully one more person posting about this will draw some attention from MS and get them to do something about it, because with all the tech they have and they owning Gears of War now you'd think this would be a simple fix, but it's been over a decade, so chances are I'll never be able to play Gears 2 with my profile again which sucks; Gears of War is one of the main reasons I've stuck with Xbox from the beginning but with so many issues reported (not just for Gears 2, I've seen a lot of stuff from 4 and 5 as well) and with no Gears 6 in sight, I may reconsider, and yes I know they don't care.

:)

Starkiller276, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Shoobs902 Win User

I'm having issues playing gears of war 2 on the Xbox one myself
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Starkiller276, i fully understand your position, ideally give this feedback to Microsoft by the link below.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  4. Starkiller276 Win User

Thanks. I followed the steps and reported the issue, though I'm sure nothing will come out of it, but at least I did everything I could.
  5. Shoobs902 Win User

I'm having issues on Gears Of War 2 on the Xbox one, on act 3, chapter 5, it freezes.
  6. Mannishpatil Win User

Favourite Moments in Gaming (2018)

I picked up Xbox One X in Sep'18 and I am enjoying Halo MCC with Gamepass. I had played Halo 1 and Halo 2 way back on my PC. Other is Gear of War Series, I completed Gears of War 4 on PC and now I was able to complete the series via Gamepass.
Thema:

1. Gears of War 2 Freezing on Series X - Similar Threads - Gears War Freezing

2. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  3. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  4. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  5. Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?: I bought today Gears of War Ultimate Edition deluxe and someone told me that it gives you the 4 Gears of War 360 games and their dlcs. Is it true because I didn't saw them on my library when I...
  6. Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...: I was wondering if I buy the Gears of War ultimate edition on my Xbox from the Microsoft store do I also get all the games from the Gears of War collection? 3fa0da9c-9eb2-4d77-acd9-050f7117fe29
  7. Does anyone know how to correct the Fatal Memory error GW513 error for Gears of War 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to correct the Fatal Memory error GW513 error for Gears of War 5?: I'm having the an issue running Gears of War 5 on my PC. The loading splash screen comes up, and then the game will hang and produce a Fatal Memory Error code GW513 ... this began happening fairly...
  8. How can I get my stats back for Gears of War 3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get my stats back for Gears of War 3?: I have been playing Gears 3 on the xbox one recently, using the cloud to keep track of my player data. Today I got reset on all of my stats after the game crashed while i was loading into the next...
  9. Gears of war 4 says i dont have the full game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 4 says i dont have the full game: I want to play Gears of War 4, I have the full game, but it doesn't appear on the Microsoft Store. When I open the game it says I don't have the full game and that i have to buy it, even though i...
  10. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...