Gears 5 won't play offline

Discus and support Gears 5 won't play offline in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Can't play Gears 5 offline on my PC. Game loads, but at main start screen, tries to connect to my xbox profile, does, but then comes up with an error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JeffBarr, Mar 1, 2020.

1. JeffBarr
    JeffBarr Guest

Can't play Gears 5 offline on my PC. Game loads, but at main start screen, tries to connect to my xbox profile, does, but then comes up with an error message and won't let me play offline. I have offline enabled and am on my "offline" pc.

:)

JeffBarr, Mar 1, 2020
  2. DavidMontoya5 Win User

Not going to purchase any Microsoft games anymore, it was bad before with windows live and its still bad now. It's not like the reviews on this game are great but in hindsight I shouldn't have bought.

I do believe your latest answer was just a convenience for you to close the help ticket and disregard the problem we are experiencing. Thank you for trying but it was not good enough.
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

I have the same issue, i have no internet and it always tries to connect to xbox live and it does not let me play the game in any mode
    most games require an internet check even if there's no online component. even if it's just to go online for a moment to ensure you own the game, etc.
  4. DavidMontoya5 Win User

I have the same issue, i have no internet and it always tries to connect to xbox live and it does not let me play the game in any mode
  5. RandomSashaLove Win User

I have done a bit of digging, It is only campaign mode that you can play offline. Seems everything else is online. But I could be wrong
  6. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

I believe you can only play the campaign while offline and every other game mode will require an online connection.
Thema:

1. Gears 5 won't play offline - Similar Threads - Gears won't play

2. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  3. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  4. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  5. Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?: So I was playing Gears 5 on disc before years ago but lost my disc. Then years later I started playing on my brothers Game Pass until it ran out. So yesterday I went to the store and bought...
  6. Gear 5 won't launch from Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gear 5 won't launch from Steam: I bought the game on Steam some time ago - finally got a new GPU. Updated my drivers. Game installed through steam but it will not launch at all. I see the first screen that is EasyCheat...
  7. Metal Gear Rising Revengeance won't open (0x803f8001)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metal Gear Rising Revengeance won't open (0x803f8001): So yesterday at night I bought this game in the microsoft store, once it was downloaded I try to open it and it shows the error that is in tittle, I try everything that xbox told me to do:...
  8. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes won't start: i recently reinstalled the game which I got when it was free with games for gold because I played the phantom pain and decided I wanted to replay this, however when I try to start the game it says...
  9. Metal Gear Solid 5 won't install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metal Gear Solid 5 won't install.: I am currently trying to reinstall Metal Gear Solid 5 and ham having very little luck. I have tried various techniques that claim to work, but the game stops installing after 7% and will not go...
  10. Right trigger won't work in metal gear solid 5 only..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right trigger won't work in metal gear solid 5 only..: I'm having this type of issue in metal gear solid ground zero, the game works fine just the right trigger won't work period in game, in the main menu it works and all other games fine.. but once...