Gears 5 on windows game pass wont launch

Discus and support Gears 5 on windows game pass wont launch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i downloaded gears 5 on pc thru game pass and every time i click on it to start it up im hit with a error message which says " failed to start the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DOCTORxBW, Nov 10, 2021.

1. DOCTORxBW
    DOCTORxBW Guest

So i downloaded gears 5 on pc thru game pass and every time i click on it to start it up im hit with a error message which says " failed to start the game (2)" and i cannot for the life of me find a solution to this.

:)

DOCTORxBW, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the following fixes.

Step 1
    - Go to Xbox.com and click Sign In.
    - If there are problems with your account, the instructions will help to resolve them. - If you can't go beyond the login screen, select Forgot my password and follow the instructions.

Step 2
    - Click the Windows + I keys
    - Click on Time and Language
    - Under Date & Time, verify that the Set time automatically setting is turned on.
    If the error still persists, try the next step.

Step 3
    - Click the Windows + I keys
    - Click on Accounts
    - Browse to the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox app and select Remove.
    - Then go back to Xbox app and reconnect with the Microsoft account you just removed.
  3. DTrevorMaker Win User

Hi DOCTORxBW!

Try these:

#1 Kindly follow this steps to reset your Windows Store app:

Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog. 2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK. The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.

Please try again if this fixed it. If it wont work please try to restart your device and try again.

#2 Install gaming services by going to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gaming-services/9mwpm2cqnlhn?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

#3 Stop the gaming service (if already installed)

This may be an issue with the Gaming Service app. Can you please go to Apps configuration section and do the Terminate, Repair and Restore of that app. Or Go to Add or Remove Programs Search for "Gaming Services" and click "Advanced options" then click "Repair" (or "Reset" if that did not work).

#4 Make sure that the time and region is accurate on your PC Click on Start and select Settings. Select the Time and Language option. Then update as necessary

#5 Check list

Check if you have the right Game Pass Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Please visit this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...80073cfc/4e9ed213-a2b8-4018-af67-e0d1d01fe7f8

#6 Please make sure that the PC is up to date.

(Windows) Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner. Go to settings (gear icon). Select the Update and Security icon. Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows) Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.

#7 Reinstall the game.

Let me know if this helps!
  4. ST4RKILLER156 Win User

Home xbox

i own gears 4, and most of the games i have tried to launch, i can play gta v which was gifted to me, but alot of the games i own or downloaded that were games with gold, wont launch, i did try that offline option with no success, i downloaded gears 5 when it was free last month but i didn't know game pass over rights licences D:
  5. MachoParasite Win User

Bleeding Edge Beta Weekend

Game doesn't work on windows if you have game pass wont launch just says your too early
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Gears 5 beta

So you can play the beta if you have game pass?
    Yes.

Also, Game Pass Ultimate subscribers will have access to the Ultimate Edition of Gears 5.

"Gears 5 will be available to subscribers of Xbox Game Pass (includes console games and PC games) when the game launches on September 10, 2019. If you have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you’ll be able to install the Gears 5 Ultimate Edition during
    the early access period starting on September 6, 2019."

https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-titles/gears-5-with-xbox-game-pass
Thema:

1. Gears 5 on windows game pass wont launch - Similar Threads - Gears windows game

2. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  3. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  4. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  5. Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?: So I was playing Gears 5 on disc before years ago but lost my disc. Then years later I started playing on my brothers Game Pass until it ran out. So yesterday I went to the store and bought...
  6. Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?: I bought today Gears of War Ultimate Edition deluxe and someone told me that it gives you the 4 Gears of War 360 games and their dlcs. Is it true because I didn't saw them on my library when I...
  7. Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...: I was wondering if I buy the Gears of War ultimate edition on my Xbox from the Microsoft store do I also get all the games from the Gears of War collection? 3fa0da9c-9eb2-4d77-acd9-050f7117fe29
  8. Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition: I bought guilty gear strive daredevil edition (digital purchase, Xbox Series X). I purchased after playing it on gamepass and wanted to play DLC that were unavailable to me since gamepass is base...
  9. Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Windows 10 - Taskbar Keeps Appearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of War Ultimate Edition on Windows 10 - Taskbar Keeps Appearing: The game is in full screen but the taskbar keeps appearing when I move the mouse to the lower part of the screen and clicking to shoot sometimes clicks on apps. I can't defeat the Locust by...
  10. Please Help Game pass On Window Store PC Gear of war 4 can't download.

in XBoX on Windows
    Please Help Game pass On Window Store PC Gear of war 4 can't download.: [img] please help me 2976d0de-7e44-4a80-a4c2-7e19d863c29a