Gears 5 doesn’t start on xbox series x

Discus and support Gears 5 doesn’t start on xbox series x in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’ve just installed Gears 5 on my Xbox series x and when I start the game, it freezes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it keeps freezing at... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Manuel Rocha3, May 14, 2023.

1. Gears 5 doesn’t start on xbox series x

I’ve just installed Gears 5 on my Xbox series x and when I start the game, it freezes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it keeps freezing at the main title.

:)

Manuel Rocha3, May 14, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, Manuel. I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Can you play other games normally on your Xbox? Kindly turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on then try launching your game again.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

Hello Todd,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To play Gears of War 2 split screen on the Xbox Series X with a guest account, try the following steps:

1. Connect a second controller to your Xbox Series X.

2. Launch Gears of War 2.

3. Press the start button on the second controller to sign in as a guest account.

4. Once the guest account is signed in, press the start button on the first controller to start the game.

5. From the main menu, select "Campaign" or "Horde" mode.

6. Once you have selected your game mode, press the start button on the second controller to join the game as a split-screen player.

That's it! You should now be able to play Gears of War 2 split screen on your Xbox Series X with a guest account.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. ethanmcmillen Win User

Games not downloading

Yes it detects there is a disc inside it just doesn’t start installing

Does the same with movies

It’s just the games that say Xbox one the games that say Xbox series x and Xbox one starts installing right away

Not Receiving any error codes
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Series X compatability

Microsoft introduces "Smart Delivery" with the Xbox Series X, which means, that if you own an existing game (like Minecraft in your example, or Gears 5) or a new game comes out for Xbox One and Xbox Series X with improved graphics on Series X, you won't
    have to buy the game twice.

With Smart Delivery you will play the "enhanced" version on Series X, and the "normal" version on Xbox One.

For more info about Smart Delivery and other terms used with the Series X check this page: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-glossary/
  6. bishDOTexe Win User

Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

I FOUND 4 DIFFERENT XBOX ONE X CONSOLES ON SMILE.AMAZON.COM. WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK I SHOULD CHOOSE?

- XBOX ONE X, WHITE LIMITED EDITION WITH ONE CONTROLLER

- XBOX ONE X, BLACK COLOR CONSOLE BUNDLE TOM CLANCY'S THE DIVISION 2

- XBOX ONE X, WHITE LIMITED EDITION CONSOLE BUNDLE WITH FALLOUT 76

- XBOX ONE X, GEARS 5 LIMITED EDITION WITH GEARS OF WAR GAMES 1-5

🤔🤔🤔
    I might be a bit biased with my LOVE of the Gears of War series, but I definitely vote the Gears 5 Limited Edition console. The console is absolutely stunning gorgeous and the limited edition controller it comes with matches perfectly. Additionally, you
    get essentially 5 games as well as a cool skin to use with Kait in Gears 5!
Thema:

1. Gears 5 doesn’t start on xbox series x - Similar Threads - Gears doesn’t start

2. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  3. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  4. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  5. Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?: So I was playing Gears 5 on disc before years ago but lost my disc. Then years later I started playing on my brothers Game Pass until it ran out. So yesterday I went to the store and bought...
  6. Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?: I bought today Gears of War Ultimate Edition deluxe and someone told me that it gives you the 4 Gears of War 360 games and their dlcs. Is it true because I didn't saw them on my library when I...
  7. Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...: I was wondering if I buy the Gears of War ultimate edition on my Xbox from the Microsoft store do I also get all the games from the Gears of War collection? 3fa0da9c-9eb2-4d77-acd9-050f7117fe29
  8. Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition: I bought guilty gear strive daredevil edition (digital purchase, Xbox Series X). I purchased after playing it on gamepass and wanted to play DLC that were unavailable to me since gamepass is base...
  9. Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game: I just spent the last 2 days installing and uninstalling then re installing xbox live for pc. I have played Gears 5 without issues recently. Suddenly it takes forever to log into xbox live, then...
  10. Why is gears 5 giving error 0x00000c69 on series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is gears 5 giving error 0x00000c69 on series x?: After beating the swarmak in Act1 - Chapter4 game boots me to the menu and gives me "ERROR You have been removed from the game. (0x00000c69)" on my series x. What is causing this and why? This...