Gear of War 5 on XBOX series X. Unable to play single player campaign

Discus and support Gear of War 5 on XBOX series X. Unable to play single player campaign in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased Gears of War 5 on my XBOX series X. After downloading and installing all the updates I am unable to start a single player... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pål Carlsen, May 16, 2023.

1. Pål Carlsen
    Pål Carlsen Guest

I recently purchased Gears of War 5 on my XBOX series X. After downloading and installing all the updates I am unable to start a single player campaign. After a _loong_ time I get an error message stating "you have been removed from the game".

For some reason this game seems to require a connection to online resources even for single player campaigns, and it uses some non-standard way to communicate with the online resources it requires.

In my Xbox preferences everything is ok regarding network, my "NAT" status shows me to have "NAT Open", and this is the first game that I have experienced any issues with. There are no official documentation as far as I have found detailing the very specific network requirements even for single player use. If they exist, where can I find them?

I have found plenty of frustrated thread and post online, but they do not seem to agree upon what the requirements are, and they seem to be different on different platforms.

According to portforward.com : The requirements for Gears 5 are:
    TCP: 3074

UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500

I have tried to add corresponding port rules for my Xbox (it has a static IP), but to no avail.

How to Forward Ports in Your Router for Gears 5 (portforward.com)

Is there an official guide for this, or is it expected of buyers of this game to be network engineers?

:)

Pål Carlsen, May 16, 2023
  2. Pål Carlsen Win User

Subscription has Expired.

View and manage your subscriptions on Xbox | Xbox Support

I have no subscriptions. I have bought this game directly in the Xbox store.

Have you purchased the game separately?

yes

What edition are you playing?

I am _trying_to play "Gears 5", nothing extra just plain "Gears 5" for Xbox series X. Kjøp Gears 5 | Xbox

Have you reached out with your ISP and verify if the ports you mentioned are opened?

The ports are all open, and as stated by my initial question, I have NAT status "NAT Open".

Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

I did try to get an official answer to what additional ports are required to be opened for "Gears 5 on Xbox Series X". I find it strange that this information is not a part of the official documentation provided when purchasing a game since it is entirely necessary even for playing single player campaign

Troubleshoot game issues by following the troubleshooting below:

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

This troubleshooting is a nice generic troubleshooting guide, but I cannot se how any of this is relevant or addresses any of the very specific issues I am experiencing with this game. Please note, every other game I have tried has worked without a hitch. (Elden Ring, Call of Duty, Cyberpunk 2077 etc).
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Pål Carlsen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Possible reasons why you are getting "you have been removed from the game" error.

Subscription has Expired.

View and manage your subscriptions on Xbox | Xbox Support

Have you purchased the game separately?

What edition are you playing?

Have you reached out with your ISP and verify if the ports you mentioned are opened?

Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot game issues by following the troubleshooting below:

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Aid_V Win User

Unable to play or download any games from game pass.

XBOX Series X. Unable to continue playing Gears of War Ultimate edition. Error code 0x803f8007
  6. RichardCayer289u5 Win User

Which game you had zero expectations about that turned out to be one of your favorites?

I just bought an XBOX ONE X last summer, and I tried "Gears of war" for the first time. I knew what kind of game it was, but I never played before. I loved it so much that I have bought and played all the games of the franchise. I only play the single
    player campaign but I love it.
Thema:

1. Gear of War 5 on XBOX series X. Unable to play single player campaign - Similar Threads - Gear War series

2. Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement parts for Gears of War 4 Elite Controller: Hi there, I am going out on a limb here and hoping someone could help. My partner has a Gears of War 4 elite controller and sadly the joystick thumb grips have torn off. She has had the...
  3. How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to play gears of war 2 split screen on the series x with a guest a count: Need help *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other* 901b21f1-de94-4d56-8daf-25ae7bea2891
  4. Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 2 and 3 are broken: I can’t log onto either games I paid money for due to profile specific crash glitches that happen on backwards compatibility. The only fixes to it aren’t possible on the series x and s to my...
  5. Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Gears of War Ultimate Edition gives you the Xbox 360 games?: I bought today Gears of War Ultimate Edition deluxe and someone told me that it gives you the 4 Gears of War 360 games and their dlcs. Is it true because I didn't saw them on my library when I...
  6. Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I still get all the games from the Gears of War collection if I buy Gears of War...: I was wondering if I buy the Gears of War ultimate edition on my Xbox from the Microsoft store do I also get all the games from the Gears of War collection? 3fa0da9c-9eb2-4d77-acd9-050f7117fe29
  7. Does anyone know how to correct the Fatal Memory error GW513 error for Gears of War 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to correct the Fatal Memory error GW513 error for Gears of War 5?: I'm having the an issue running Gears of War 5 on my PC. The loading splash screen comes up, and then the game will hang and produce a Fatal Memory Error code GW513 ... this began happening fairly...
  8. How can I get my stats back for Gears of War 3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get my stats back for Gears of War 3?: I have been playing Gears 3 on the xbox one recently, using the cloud to keep track of my player data. Today I got reset on all of my stats after the game crashed while i was loading into the next...
  9. Gears of war 4 says i dont have the full game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war 4 says i dont have the full game: I want to play Gears of War 4, I have the full game, but it doesn't appear on the Microsoft Store. When I open the game it says I don't have the full game and that i have to buy it, even though i...
  10. When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green...: When I try to play some games like starfield, halo or gears of war I get a completely green screen but if I play humankind it works perfectly. Not sure what's going on. If it's the tv as it never...