Gaming with 4k on Xbox One S

Discus and support Gaming with 4k on Xbox One S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently bought a tv that supports 4k with 120hz refresh rate. When I go into setting on my Xbox One S, it only allows me to run 4k with 60hz or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RH3_11, Oct 10, 2020.

  1. RH3_11
    RH3_11 Guest

    Gaming with 4k on Xbox One S


    I recently bought a tv that supports 4k with 120hz refresh rate. When I go into setting on my Xbox One S, it only allows me to run 4k with 60hz or 1440p with 120hz. I called the tv manufacturer and confirmed that it supports 4k with 120hz, as does all of
    the packaging, tv manual, etc. I'm using a high speed HDMI cable as well. Does the Xbox One S just not support 4k with 120hz?

    Thanks

    :)
     
    RH3_11, Oct 10, 2020
    #1
  2. t4ryn it up Win User

    Need help deciding which xbox one consoles to buy for gaming and 4k- BluRays?

    Although both the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X can both stream 4K, only the One X is capable of true 4K gaming. I would recommend the XBox One X over the XBox One S because it only one that can truly do 4K gaming! The XBox One S can upscale 1080p games
    to 4K but isn’t a real 4K console, although it can play Blu-Ray in 4K. The XBox One X is the first console to truly be able to stream 4K gaming, plus it has a Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray player!
  3. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

    Xbox One X won't play 4K from Sky Q through input and output HDMI Connection

    The HDMI IN on the XBOX ONE / ONE S / ONE X are all just 1080P there is no 4K pass through on those consoles.

    The Xbox One S Supports 4K Bluray and 4K screen resolution - not 4K gaming

    The Xbox One X Supports 4K Gaming, 4K Bluray and 4K screen resolution

    - Game developer has to make the game 4K

    - 4K pass-through is a hardware feature that does not exist within the console. You'd be better

    off running your 4k Sky Q into the TV directly. (the xbox is doing what it's designed to do)
  4. matthewiag Win User

    4K content

    Xbox One and Xbox One S are 1080P Gaming

    Xbox One S will play 4K Blu Ray's

    Xbox One X will play Game in 4K if they are Enhanced with 4K Support + 4k Blu Ray support

    They Xbox One X will also Upscale on a 1080p screen so you will see some benefit of the Xbox One X
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    One S 4k Gaming

    Your information is not correct. Actually when you set the xbox one S console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content)
    is upscaled to 4K.

    For more info:
    support.xbox.com/.../4k-on-xbox-one-s
  6. RitualTrain069 Win User
Thema:

Gaming with 4k on Xbox One S

Loading...
  1. Gaming with 4k on Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Gaming

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  10. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...