Gaming Services unable to reinstall

Discus and support Gaming Services unable to reinstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Craig its not just you pal its a few of us with the same issue it satred yesterday for me wont see my games wont let me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Richard.W67, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Richard.W67
    Richard.W67 Guest

Craig its not just you pal its a few of us with the same issue it satred yesterday for me wont see my games wont let me reinstall just says gaming services broken or need update its got to be there end thats the fault no other answer

:)

Richard.W67, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Richard.W67 Win User

Hi Kathy I've done everything that you have on the list my Microsoft store updates no problems the issue started yesterday when suddenly all my Xbox installed games suddenly say they need to reinstalled and when you try to do that a box comes up saying gaming services needs an update or is broken I've deleted and reinstalled gaming services and nothing has changed according to the forum lots of people are having this issue
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Richard.W67,

Thanks for the quick response.

We do want to know more about your issue and we would appreciate if you provide us the details we asked earlier. Please see the list below:

1. May we ask if you have issues installing games or applications from Microsoft Store?
    2. When did this issue start? Was there an update or newly installed game in your computer?
    3. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information (such as gamertag, complete name and email address)
    4. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Richard.W67,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are having issues with Gaming Services. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on your description, you cannot reinstall the gaming services and/or needed update. Gaming services can only be installed through Xbox app however, you may use PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall this service.

Before we provide you with troubleshooting that you can try please provide us few details about your setup and computer.

1. May we ask if you have issues installing games or applications from Microsoft Store?
    2. When did this issue start?
    3. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information (such as gamertag, complete name and email address)
    4. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. Let us start from the system next Microsoft Store and Xbox app then Gaming Services. This is to complete your whole set up updated and secured. You can just skip those you have done already.

Restart your deviceAs basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.

Make sure Windows is up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    2. On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    3. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
    4. Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    5. Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    For more info, go to:

Windows Update

Update your Windows and device driversFor the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date
    1. Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    2. Select Library.
    3. Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Make sure you’re signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same accountWhen you open the Xbox app on your device, be sure you sign in to the app using your own Xbox account. You may also need to be signed in to the Store (xbox.com) in order to play a purchased game.

To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

For help with signing in, go to:

Sign in to Xbox

Having trouble installing EA Play games from the Xbox app for Windows?Try closing both the Xbox app and the EA app, and then relaunch the Xbox app.

Remove and reinstall Gaming ServicesReinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

[table][tr]
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
      [/tr][/table]
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

[table][tr]
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
      [/tr][/table]
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

SUPPORT ARTICLE: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Georges C. Win User

Reinstalling Gaming Services

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello JabariEdwards, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2?
Thema:

1. Gaming Services unable to reinstall - Similar Threads - Gaming Services unable

2. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  3. Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services: I have been having trouble with party invites for a while now. None of my friend’s invites appear on my desktop, but they do arrive on the Xbox mobile app. Even after I reset game bar by deleting...
  4. Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code 0x80073cf9. I have tried resetting the window store...
  5. Unable to install gaming services for Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install gaming services for Xbox: My Xbox app on pc cannot function because there is an error with the gaming services app. In the Xbox app it registers as an 0x8007007e error. I have attempted to install from the prompts within...
  6. Unable to install any games due to gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install any games due to gaming services: I purchased game pass on 09/06/23 to play Starfield. It stated that I needed to download gaming services. I did that and restarted. It continually says that Gaming services has to be downloaded. I...
  7. I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am unable to download gaming services and due to that I can not download gaming services...: I've restarted and updated my computer and still no gaming services. I just get the "something happened on our end" error message. e9f63f7a-8781-439d-b975-3dba9a8a7320
  8. Unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11!!!!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11!!!!!!!: Hi, I am unable to install the Gaming Services app from the Microsoft Store for XBox. I am running a brand new out of the box gaming laptop on Windows 11 Pro , Version 22H2 , Installed on...
  9. Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490: I'm unable to install Gaming Services on Windows 11 on my new Laptop. I have tried many of the suggestions on here but have not had any success with any. The error code I receive in the Microsoft...
  10. Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.

in XBoX on Windows
    Gaming services unable to be installed or opened.: So i was following the instructions on a post i saw on here and i believe i may have messed up in one of the steps because when i got to the part where im supposed to open gaming services the...