Gaming Services missing installation button

Discus and support Gaming Services missing installation button in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been trying to fix an issue my son has been having when trying to login to Minecraft. The error box is stating Gaming Services has stopped... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jeremy Tabor, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Jeremy Tabor
    Jeremy Tabor Guest

I have been trying to fix an issue my son has been having when trying to login to Minecraft. The error box is stating Gaming Services has stopped working. I have spent the last four hours trying every "solution" posted on here and youtube and every other source. Which states all the same commands. I have repaired and reset and uninstalled I can not tell you how many times. I have also tried everything to try to reinstall Gaming Services without success. Everytime the store opens there is no *%#& button for installation. Please help and please don't tell me to open PowerShell and do the same commands I have been doing. I just need a stupid installation button to install this program. Thank you in advance.

:)

Jeremy Tabor, Jun 9, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Jeremy Tabor,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with Minecraft. I understand how frustrating it can be to try different solutions without success. I appreciate your patience and cooperation.

The problem you're experiencing is most likely caused by a corrupted or missing file in the Gaming Services app. This app is required for some games to run properly on Windows 10, including Minecraft. Unfortunately, there is no direct way to install this app from the Microsoft Store, as it is hidden from the public.

The only way to install or reinstall this app is through PowerShell commands. I know you have already tried some of them, but please bear with me and follow these steps carefully:

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Or you can check the troubleshooting here: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Please let me know if it does help.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  4. CyndiC78 Win User

Can't solve Gaming Services issue.

We are having the same problem after a windows update today (2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)). Games on the Xbox app from gamepass are missing. If we attempt to play Minecraft launcher, it gives an install button instead of a play button. If we try to install, we get an error that says "gaming services required" if we click to download gaming services required, a green bar appears on the bottom of the app saying that gaming services is installing and it may take a few minutes. Then we get a notification that gaming services is installed, but nothing changes. The green bar stays there, there is a yellow triangle exclamation saying gaming services required, the games do not reappear and the install button starts the same process over again. Solution #5 did remove the app, it seemed to download again from the store, but nothing changed, we still get the same errors.
  5. Sealz Win User

Microsoft Store/Xbox App completely broken

I FIXED IT YALL! I had the exact problem and used this article to fix it.

https://www.makeuseof.com/microsoft-store-missing-install-button/

"6. Restart the Microsoft Store Service:

Press Win + R to bring up a Run dialog.
    Type services.msc and press Enter.
    Find and open Microsoft Store Install Services.
    If the service is already running, click Stop > Start to restart it.
    Restart your computer and check if the Install button is now available"

This fixed my store and xbox apps.
  6. Antony Gledstone Win User

Xboc App on Windows 10 fails to load installed games in the list then crashes.

I have uninstalled it and now I can't install it. Gaming Services appears to be part of the problem. Followed instructions on how to reinstall Gaming Service but when I press the install button in the Windows store it the button goes grey then nothing.
Thema:

1. Gaming Services missing installation button - Similar Threads - Gaming Services missing

2. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  3. Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services: I have been having trouble with party invites for a while now. None of my friend’s invites appear on my desktop, but they do arrive on the Xbox mobile app. Even after I reset game bar by deleting...
  4. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  5. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  6. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  7. Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...: Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game content? My xbox live server is active and working bfb4c5da-ad80-4c72-a8cc-a799343174b4
  8. Error with gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with gaming services: Getting hit with error code 0x87e00196 Have tried every suggestion online. Have repaired reset and reinstalled everything related to xbox app and gaming services and nothing is working...
  9. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  10. Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services "missing" and the ridiculous typical "wont let you install on C Drive" rubbish?: Has this been fixed? Genuinely tried 6 or 7 "fixes" now and absolutely nothing works. Yet the continue to charge me $15 a month and the app simply doesn't work. It's ridiculous. Anybody know of a...