gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005

Discus and support gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005 200d1771-3afa-40db-91e4-76356c0b1f97 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by °•.♥.•°صفاءالعكيلي°•.♥.•°, May 30, 2023.

1. gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005

:)

°•.♥.•°صفاءالعكيلي°•.♥.•°, May 30, 2023
  2. Colin Webber1 Win User

Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

When trying to restart the service "Windows could not start the Gaming Services service on Local Computer. Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
  3. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi SonnyshogunNo,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Kindly check if you're still asked to install it here: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/gaming-....

Please also check if you have any pending updates using this link: Win10:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator,: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage
  5. Colin Webber1 Win User

I only have one "gaming services" and it is unable to start due to the error above, which I believe stems from the original problem of my post, since I can't install gaming services through the Microsoft store.
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Thanks for trying the step! Kindly also make sure all the required services are running to solve Xbox app sync issues on Windows.

Open the Start menu, search Services then open Services. Scroll down the list and find all of the Xbox entries (they are near the bottom).

Gaming Services (There are 2 of them)

Xbox Accessory Management Service

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

When you find them right-click on them and select Start. If you can see that they are already running you can skip them.
Thema:

1. gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005 - Similar Threads - gaming services failed

2. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  3. Gaming Services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Gaming Services will not install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code 0x8007007e. Gaming Services will not install.: I have tried for about 16 hours to play Forza Motorsport now. It just sticks on the loading screen and never starts. I have narrowed it down to the fact that Gaming Services from Microsoft will...
  4. Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service: Hello, I've been getting this error "Failed to start cloud gaming session, you do not own this game or subscription service" yet I have gamepass Ultimate and have had it for years. it will let me...
  5. Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005: I have tried reinstalling the xbox app did not work, Reinstalling the gaming services app and that's about it. 9afc3894-efd1-430b-a53f-4e289e862895
  6. Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005: Hi I get the "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005" error message in the xbox app and then I can't reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator. I have tried reinstalling Gaming Services...
  7. Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming services failed with error code 0x8007007e: I’m running Xbox App for PC on Win 10 Pro System, i7-6700k, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060Ti. Every time I want to install a game from game pass for PC the Xbox App installs gaming services new just to...
  8. How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 "

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to resolve on PC: "Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005 ": All of the sudden xbox app on Windows 11 has stopped allowing us to play any games citing the above error code that I cannot seem to find anywhere. I have tried repairing, resetting, and...
  9. Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005: I have tried tons of options including restarting, PowerShell inputs, uninstalling Xbox app and reinstalling, etc. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get rid of this error so that I...
  10. How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix gaming services failing to work on PC xbox app, error code 0x8007007e?: I'm unable to install games on the xbox app on PC (windows 10). "Gaming services failed with error code: 0x8007007e." I've tried everything listed on the support page and nothing has fixed the...