Gaming Services being updated on PC causes currently running game to quit without warning

Discus and support Gaming Services being updated on PC causes currently running game to quit without warning in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I was playing Persona 5 Royal last night, I had the game suddenly close on me while I was in the middle of normal play. Immediately after, a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Dinjoralo, Nov 5, 2022.

1. /u/Dinjoralo
    /u/Dinjoralo Guest

Gaming Services being updated on PC causes currently running game to quit without warning

When I was playing Persona 5 Royal last night, I had the game suddenly close on me while I was in the middle of normal play. Immediately after, a notification popped up for Gaming Services updating itself through the Microsoft Store; That may be what caused my game to close.

This happened on Xbox App version 2211.1001.24.0. Gaming services is now on version 8.71.2002.0 after the update.

submitted by /u/Dinjoralo
    [link] [comments]

/u/Dinjoralo, Nov 5, 2022
  2. NinjaXxXDeagle Win User

PC Game Pass Destiny 2 crashes at launch

I followed the steps in the video that was provided to install an older version of gaming services and it works now. Although it does cause the problem of not being able to download the current games. We'll just have to wait for Bungie to fix this issue with the updated version of gaming services. As of now though, it does work.
  3. AtomX1981 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Disappearing??? (Gears 5)

Seriously? The game just disappears from the service without warning, nothing? ****?
  4. CarlosNegron1 Win User

Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC Version, Halo Reach

Found and resolved;

Problem is the software for the RAZER mouse and keyboard. I turned off the Razer Synapse and the Razer Cortex and the game started running without any glitch.

Halo: Reach PC stuttering and lag

Some Halo: Reach PC users report stuttering and lag spikes across all modes. Microsoft has acknowledged issues with certain setups, however, causes and solutions will vary between systems.

Workaround: The newly-added unlocked framerate causes many stability issues for PC, likely to be addressed in future updates. However, Microsoft has warned that Corsair iCue, Logitech G-Hub, and Razer Synapse may cause stuttering with Halo:
    Reach PC. Disable these programs if installed, when experiencing stuttering and input lag.

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-halo-reach-pc-bugs-and-known-issues
  5. CarlosNegron1 Win User

Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC Version, Halo Reach

Found and resolved;

Problem is the software for the RAZER mouse and keyboard. I turned off the Razer Synapse and the Razer Cortex and the game started running without any glitch.

Halo: Reach PC stuttering and lag

Some Halo: Reach PC users report stuttering and lag spikes across all modes. Microsoft has acknowledged issues with certain setups, however, causes and solutions will vary between systems.

Workaround: The newly-added unlocked framerate causes many stability issues for PC, likely to be addressed in future updates. However, Microsoft has warned that Corsair iCue, Logitech G-Hub, and Razer Synapse may cause stuttering with Halo:
    Reach PC. Disable these programs if installed, when experiencing stuttering and input lag.

https://www.windowscentral.com/list-halo-reach-pc-bugs-and-known-issues
  6. Malacath Win User

My skyrim is stuck on loading screen!!

[quote user="PIX3L83D 3VIL"]

Word of warning: NEVER turn off the console without quitting to the main menu.

[/quote]

This is good advice for all games. Not just Skyrim.

As most games have some sort of auto-save it would be quite easy to switch off the console while auto saving causing corruption.

With Skyrim there is also the cache and as the game may be constantly writing to the cache, switching off could possibly corrupt the cache which could possibly cause problems
Thema:

1. Gaming Services being updated on PC causes currently running game to quit without warning - Similar Threads - Gaming Services being

2. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  3. Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services: I have been having trouble with party invites for a while now. None of my friend’s invites appear on my desktop, but they do arrive on the Xbox mobile app. Even after I reset game bar by deleting...
  4. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  5. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  6. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  7. Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...: Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game content? My xbox live server is active and working bfb4c5da-ad80-4c72-a8cc-a799343174b4
  8. Error with gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with gaming services: Getting hit with error code 0x87e00196 Have tried every suggestion online. Have repaired reset and reinstalled everything related to xbox app and gaming services and nothing is working...
  9. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  10. Gaming Service Updated While Game Being Played

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Service Updated While Game Being Played: I was playing Stranded Deep on Windows 10 PC Game Pass. Windows unceremoniously closed my game and displayed a message that it had just updated the Gaming Service. Is it normal that Windows would...