Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider stuck in "update available" phase, despite...

Discus and support Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider stuck in "update available" phase, despite... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The problem started 12th of Dec. I tried to play Xbox PC GamePass games (High on Life) the game has crashed (no error message just closed itself) and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Matusmeister, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Matusmeister
    Matusmeister Guest

Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider stuck in "update available" phase, despite...

The problem started 12th of Dec. I tried to play Xbox PC GamePass games (High on Life) the game has crashed (no error message just closed itself) and my games disappeared from the list. After a while they came back, and the problem started again. I've tried to fix it with the following methods:

- Microsoft buildt in application manager->Gaming services->Special->Repair/Reset;

- Safe mode start on windows and then uninstall and download the apps;

- Deleted and reinstalled xbox app and gaming services in normal windows mode;

- Regedit editing and then back to default /because it didn't work/;

- Microsoft Services app->Gaming services/2 of them/->Stop/Start;

- Windows PowerShell /as administrator of course/ and then the commands:

1. Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    2. Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse
    3. Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse
    4. --Restart--
    5. start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN (this command is not working of course, so i had to manually install gaming services back)
    After all i've tried the problem still presisted. My windows is almost newly installed with licenced Windows 10 x64 (3 months ago or so). My PC GamePass subscription is active, and i just want to be able to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider stuck in "update available" phase, despite... [​IMG]

:)

Matusmeister, Dec 16, 2022
  2. Matusmeister Win User

Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider stuck in "update available" phase, despite updating constantly.

I will reply tomorrow because its holiday season in Hungary, and i was not able to sit down to my pc, and write an answer, because you answered 6 days or so after i described my problem. My problem still presist, after all tried (from your answer), i've got some screenshots, posting them tomorrow.
  3. Matusmeister Win User

Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider stuck in "update available" phase, despite updating constantly.

I had to reinstall (clean install) windows, and now its working fine /and also format all drives and repartition them/. It was not an application issue it was the windows and its not fixable (from now on). At least the win 10 is still better than 11. So try it my friend.
  4. LeonWu3 Win User

I have the same issue here, tried everything listed and even windows reset and reinstalled the apps from scratch, still nothing
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello Matusmeister,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having trouble with gaming services. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Use the system file checker tool:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Perform Cleanboot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Re-register Microsoft Store and Xbox App

Open PowerShell and run it as admin

Type the commands below

[table][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *WindowsStore*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *XboxApp*).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”
    [/td][/tr][/table]
    [table][tr]
    wsreset.exe
    [/tr][/table]
    Enable Xbox App-Related Services

Open the Run window, type services.msc, and then click OK to access the Services window.

Right-click the Xbox Accessory Management Service and select Start

Do the same to the following services:

• Xbox Live Authentication Manager
    • Record Xbox Live Game
    • Xbox Live Network Service
    Disable or remove the following apps/utilities:

MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
    EVGA Precision
    OBS
    Xsplit
    MacType
    Warsaw Banking App
    Wallpaper Engine

Once all troubleshooting is completed

Try downloading the Gaming Services Here: Gaming Services - Microsoft Store Apps

You may also try to perform the steps provided here by SallyCoward

Gaming services wont install on Windows 10 PC - Microsoft Community

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
Thema:

1. Gaming Services and Xbox Identity Provider stuck in "update available" phase, despite... - Similar Threads - Gaming Services Identity

2. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  3. Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party invites don’t come through after resetting gaming services: I have been having trouble with party invites for a while now. None of my friend’s invites appear on my desktop, but they do arrive on the Xbox mobile app. Even after I reset game bar by deleting...
  4. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  5. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  6. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  7. Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game...: Please help, my Xbox shows 80183300 xbox service problem when intra to purchase in game content? My xbox live server is active and working bfb4c5da-ad80-4c72-a8cc-a799343174b4
  8. Error with gaming services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error with gaming services: Getting hit with error code 0x87e00196 Have tried every suggestion online. Have repaired reset and reinstalled everything related to xbox app and gaming services and nothing is working...
  9. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  10. Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uninstalling, removing, disabling gaming services & gamebar: i found a post with an "answer" to someone who had the same question. i would reply to that post and/or those "answers" but the thread is locked. i need to re open it because i'm extremely...