games worked yesterday but now when i run them it says clip id license does not match the...

Discus and support games worked yesterday but now when i run them it says clip id license does not match the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new computer yesterday and yesterday it all worked fine but now when i try to run a game it says: clip id license does not match the device id... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marie smith, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Marie smith
    Marie smith Guest

games worked yesterday but now when i run them it says clip id license does not match the...

I got a new computer yesterday and yesterday it all worked fine but now when i try to run a game it says: clip id license does not match the device id in the device license. I have tried just about everything but nothing worked.

:)

Marie smith, Mar 26, 2023
  2. Fatima_J Win User

games worked yesterday but now when i run them it says clip id license does not match the device id in the device license

Hi Marie smith

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft community.

Based on the description, it seems that you are having an issue on trying to run a game that keeps on having an issue clip id license that does not match the device id in the device license.

Before anything else, let me ask you the following questions below so that I fully understand the problem.

1. May I know what game were you trying to run?

2. Is this happening to only one game application? How about running other game app?

3. When does the issue started?

Kindly try the steps below that could fix the issue.

Fix 1 :

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Fix 2:

Press Windows + R key to open the Run windows

Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Then a command prompt window will appear.

After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

We look forward to your response.

We look forward to your response.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Marie smith Win User

games worked yesterday but now when i run them it says clip id license does not match the device id in the device license

What was suggested did not work. We ended up calling the xbox support number and the tech walked us through redownloading the microsoft windows files. They said sometimes with brand new computers, not all the microsoft windows download correctly. This seemed to fix the problem. It's been working since.
  4. Fatima_J Win User

Hi

We hope you are feeling well.

We are pleased to know that everything is working now.

Don't hesitate to ask the community at any time if you have any questions in the future.

Truly Yours,

Fatima

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Jonathan Deng Win User

CliP license device ID does not match

Everything’s up to do date, and I only tried taking ownership because someone else said that fixed it for them.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

CliP license device ID does not match

have you made sure all windows updates are done and opened the microsoft store and made sure all the app updates are done. never take ownership of the windows app folder as this can stop the games running as they are encrypted for a reason.
Thema:

1. games worked yesterday but now when i run them it says clip id license does not match the... - Similar Threads - games worked yesterday

2. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  3. Xbox cloud gaming previe features not working

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox cloud gaming previe features not working: When I click preview features it turns on but when I reload the page or sign out it goes back to unchecked; this happens on every device I have. I deleted my account from the insiders program so...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  6. Play a PC Game isn’t working on the Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Play a PC Game isn’t working on the Xbox App: I’m just so sick of waiting. Bing Rewards is doing nothing about fixing the “Play a PC Game” challenge for over a month. They ask me the same questions, I give them the same answer, and I end up...
  7. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  8. using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...

in XBoX on Consoles
    using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except...: using my switch joycons on my macbook with cloud gaming, every button seems to work except for the a button, it responds as if i was hitting b. any way i can fix this?...
  9. My xbox wont work on my montior its a gawfolk my games keeping going black but i can run...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont work on my montior its a gawfolk my games keeping going black but i can run...: My xbxo games wont work on my montior f872f070-a548-4582-a136-98245b5b4086
  10. Does anybody know why cloud gaming isn’t working? I was using it yesterday fine and today I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anybody know why cloud gaming isn’t working? I was using it yesterday fine and today I...: My cloud gaming app isn’t working. I was playing fine yesterday and today I go to the cloud gaming app and can’t see any games or do anything. 0282304d-ca93-4e78-a350-c2a8880d7059