Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

Discus and support Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I own Xbox One. I am using this from last 4 years. Recently i could not use it for 6 months or so. It was sitting idle in power off state. Last week i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Prasad N Bhat, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

I own Xbox One. I am using this from last 4 years. Recently i could not use it for 6 months or so. It was sitting idle in power off state.

Last week i switched it on and it said to update and i updated. After updating it is not launching any games. It shows up the initial screen and and goes black screen and returns to home screen. I have tried with "Just Dance 2016" and "GTA 5". If I install
    any free less intense games the console plays without any issues. It can open other apps like internet explorer and skype

I have tried every possible solution which i found on internet

1. Restarting power cycle

2. Resetting the network MAC address

3. Clear the game cache, reserved space etc

4. Uninstall, reinstall game

5. Factory reset (2 times)

Nothing seems to work. When tried to call Microsoft support center the eait times are always 50 to 60 minutes

As I have lost all hopes, posting this here as a last try. If anybody got any suggestions would be great

:)

Prasad N Bhat, Mar 26, 2020
  2. zmaster2XXX Win User

Are there any pending updates? OS or software? Sometimes those prevent launching.
  3. brandiesel1 Win User

Your console isn't part of the preview program is it? If it is, remove it.
  4. Prasad N Bhat Win User

Its installed on internal hard drive... ( Did not knew that games can be installed to external HDD)

The thing is if I install any free non intense games... they play OK..... Its the games like Just Dance, GTA 5 such games they play the intro part and just comes back to home screen
  5. Tarnend Win User

are the games installed on an external drive or the internal one, if on an external then move to internal and try again, if on internal then move to external and try again, to see if its a drive issue, if thats possible that is.
  6. Prasad N Bhat Win User

Yes.... I tried that.... Same stuff repeats...

It used to work all good... Not sure what went wrong.... Not sure how to find if this is an issue with internal hardware
Thema:

1. Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen - Similar Threads - Games won't start

2. Game won't start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start: I have just bought a game for my son so "owned" but when he tries to play it it just give the option to buy games pass. We bought the game so surely I don't need games pass. Please help...
  3. game won't start?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't start?: I wanted to know how to start my game it keeps freezing after I sign in and try to start a game. What should I do? 6a45159a-1ff5-4b78-906f-7c477d2d3a7f
  4. Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashed and now it won't start nor will it let me repair the game: My starfield crashed once at the start before you go into the tunnel that the machine is making an entrance Then after restarting and getting back there my game crashed during the cutscene where...
  5. How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix Gaming services won't start at all?: The Gaming services got installed but won't start, as shows in event viewer: The Gaming Services service terminated with the following error: The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  6. game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game won't launch from disc, instead it starts installing a duplicate.: I installed far cry 5 from the Microsoft store, but when I insert the disc and try to play it it won't launch, instead it will start installing a duplicate of the game and always gets stuck at...
  7. my xbox 360 won't start downloading games, so what to do ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox 360 won't start downloading games, so what to do ?: Hi. So I've been trying to download games on my xbox 360 but it just responds with the error 80150017. the errors differ from each game I try to download, for example: far cry 2 I get that error...
  8. Games and store won't start, still my game pass ultimate and network is active

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and store won't start, still my game pass ultimate and network is active: My xbox is connected to the internet. Games won't start saying "there is no connection". Store main page opens but if I click on something it says: CV: WqvljTjjJ0oMiJAM/s6sQL.539...
  9. How should I fix only one game that won't even try to start to download if it is digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How should I fix only one game that won't even try to start to download if it is digital: Im trying to download the assassins creed ezio collection, but it wont download so i tried another game assassins creed 1 and it worked, both games digital by the way so im not sure what issue is...
  10. Gaming Services Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services Won't Start: I've been trying to open the minecraft launcher, and recently a pop-up appears: GAME SERVICES IS NOT RUNNING Please try to start the service manually in Services Manager. If you cannot start the...