Games won’t show updates on storage! Solved

Discus and support Games won’t show updates on storage! Solved in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the past two system updates, my Series S will not show the needed game updates for games in Expansion&HDD storage from my SX. Hard reset won’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DukesPaw77, Nov 14, 2022.

1. DukesPaw77
    DukesPaw77 Guest

After the past two system updates, my Series S will not show the needed game updates for games in Expansion&HDD storage from my SX. Hard reset won’t fix and manage game option won’t show the updates either, they have to be manually launched for my SS to identify a needed game update for download. This is a problem for disc games files on a SS with no optical drive to manually launch.——FIXED= so you manually launch the disc game file which forces the console to recognize the update. Without a proper entitlement you can’t play the game but it still manages to shock the system into finally seeing the available update. There’s still a software bug that’s not showing the game updates in storage like it ALWAYS has but at least you can force the console to recognize them. Locally stored & played games on SS internal drive show updates properly but it’s the external storage from expansion+hdd from my other console that isn’t showing updates when connected to the SS

:)

DukesPaw77, Nov 14, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

(solved) Games and Apps not updating with external storage attached

I thought the X had been designed to "only" work with the designated Seagate 1TB drive (the one that costs £250 or whatever it is)
    No, not quite. Series X|S games can only run from internal or expansion card, but Xbox One games can still play directly from USB 3.0 mechanical drives or SATA SSD's with USB adaptors.

You can Store Series X games on external USB drives, but you can't run them there.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Doesn't help with your issue but I'm surprised that an external storage even works with the Series X as I thought the X had been designed to "only" work with the designated Seagate 1TB drive (the one that costs £250 or whatever it is)
  4. Chin Tapper Win User

Figured it out. Warframe was currupted. It was only 29gb for some reason. Uninstalled it and game updates work again.
  5. Chin Tapper Win User

I'll try that, I have another 4tb external to move them to then unplug it as they won't all fit on internal.

I hope it works but I'm not counting on it. I've had optimized for x/s stored on it the whole time and it found all the updates before.
  6. FatalDarkprince Win User

Hello there,

I also suspect the same thing that the games that are optimized for series x should be on internal. Try separating only the series x games from the other games. Otherwise, if you're an xbox insider, update your console first and power cycle it a few times meaning unplug completely for 10 minutes and then turn it back on. If all else fails, contact xbox support. Hope it helps!
Thema:

1. Games won’t show updates on storage! Solved - Similar Threads - Games won’t show

2. It shows that I’m connected to the internet but it won’t let me play games or join a party

in XBoX on Consoles
    It shows that I’m connected to the internet but it won’t let me play games or join a party: It shows im connected to the Wi-Fi but it won’t let me play games or join party’s and it say service info unavailable a741ca8b-80f6-4bbd-b531-41606ba896d9
  3. Black ops 2 DLC won’t show up in game after I purchased it and downloaded it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops 2 DLC won’t show up in game after I purchased it and downloaded it.: Hello, I am currently having trouble with playing the apocalypse DLC on Black Ops 2. I recently bought the game through the game store and then decided to buy the apocalypse DLC so I can play...
  4. Every single Xbox game works online but MLB THE SHOW 23 won’t load anything online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every single Xbox game works online but MLB THE SHOW 23 won’t load anything online: Every single Xbox game works online but MLB THE SHOW 23 won’t load anything online. I have tried everything from restarting the console, to wired/wireless connection, to even uninstalling the...
  5. My game won’t sync data after I got the latest add-on for sims 4 also add-on won’t show up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t sync data after I got the latest add-on for sims 4 also add-on won’t show up: So I pre ordered the newest sims 4 pack (growing together) . Come the day it came out (03/16/23) I downloaded it, I went on the game after it was done and updated and it let me in at first but the...
  6. My Xbox won’t install or download a disc game and it doesn’t show the error. I just got it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox won’t install or download a disc game and it doesn’t show the error. I just got it...: [img] [img] [img] [img] I don’t know what is wrong with it 6f363a0d-10d9-485d-abeb-1cd4323883bf
  7. Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Game disk won’t show install prompt on Xbox one: Today i got a Forza Horizon 1 disk from gamestop; preowned, no scratches or anything, i go to put it in and it doesn’t give me an installation prompt. It also sounds a bit differently compared to...
  8. Xbox One S Game Update Won’t Show Up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Game Update Won’t Show Up: Hello, There is a released update for a game and it will not show up on my Xbox. And i know it has not already updated by looking at the file info of the game. Its the original version. Ive tried...
  9. Xbox game is in the console but won’t even show its in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game is in the console but won’t even show its in: I got the disk for skyrim and the same disc work before but now I’m not connected to the Internet and it’s been deleted off my consul for a while when I went to put it in it’s not even...
  10. I’ve game shared before but now the game I want to download is the only on that won’t show ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve game shared before but now the game I want to download is the only on that won’t show ...: so my brother and I have game shared multiple times, he just bought COD world war 2 (from online store) and I’m trying to download it on my console, but it is the only game that isn’t showing up...