Games wont reinstall on gamepass for pc after fresh install of windows

Discus and support Games wont reinstall on gamepass for pc after fresh install of windows in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows now every game I had previously played I cant reinstall with gamepass for pc. new games I havnt previously played are fine and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by OliverPennings, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Games wont reinstall on gamepass for pc after fresh install of windows

I reinstalled windows now every game I had previously played I cant reinstall with gamepass for pc. new games I havnt previously played are fine and download. and games I have bought I can redownload.
    Games wont reinstall on gamepass for pc after fresh install of windows [​IMG]

:)

OliverPennings, Jul 28, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Please try to carry out the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Make sure you are using the latest version of Windows 10, to do this follow the instructions below.

Select the Start button and then go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update.

*You can check out this solution at the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upd...

Solution 2:

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Solution 3:

Go to Search, type PowerShell, right-click Powershell, open as administrator

Enter the following command, and press Enter: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Restart your computer

*This solution can be found on the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. OliverPennings Win User

i think doing a system restore fixed my issues.

cheers
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch

when installing from gamepass or windows store they are placed in the encrypted folder, the installation will only work for that one windows install, you have to install for each machine, they cannot be moved from pc to pc.

if you ever reinstall the OS you would have to redownload all the gamepass/windows store games again too.
  5. Leo Roberts Win User

Error code: (0x8007042b) on game launch

After the fresh Windows install and game reinstall, I haven’t had the problem again, everything seems to work perfectly.
  6. CountWebbbr Win User

Error installing Gears 5 and another games

So,

I have this error also. I contacted Microsoft support (chat) who after remoting onto my PC, told me to reinstall windows over the top to fix any corrupt files. I did this same error. So assuming he was right, i thought there was something seriously wrong
    with my Windows Installation.

Yesterday, i deleted all the partitions off my PC and reinstalled windows afresh.

Once booted to the desktop, i installed and fired up the Xbox Gamepass app and tried to install Gears 5.

Guess what? Exactly the same error 0x800701E7!

Can't be a corrupt file (new windows install), got to be something game or account related as this is happening on a completly fresh install (no settings or apps kept) of windows.

Really not happy and appreciate any advice.
Thema:

1. Games wont reinstall on gamepass for pc after fresh install of windows - Similar Threads - Games wont reinstall

2. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  3. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  4. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  5. Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...

in XBoX on Windows
    Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore...: Games ive bought for PC wont download in either the xbox crapp or the Microsoft Bore because of an 0x87e0000f error while installing. YES IVE TRIED ALL OF THE TROUBLESHOOTING AVAILABLE, DOESNT...
  6. My xbox wont work on my montior its a gawfolk my games keeping going black but i can run...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox wont work on my montior its a gawfolk my games keeping going black but i can run...: My xbxo games wont work on my montior f872f070-a548-4582-a136-98245b5b4086
  7. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  8. Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a reason why my games wont boot up.: I have everything updated, i uninstalled everything and reinstalled it twice. I'm trying to play death loop o my pc. But all my games on the xbox app dont work. I have been at this for hours. Why...
  9. My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wont open games I downloaded and I just bought it: I tried opening 2k24 that I got off gamepass and the screen goes grey then brings me back to Home Screen does the same thing with Spotify but all the apps that came downloaded work fine...
  10. Game wont reinstall

in XBoX on Windows
    Game wont reinstall: I got call of duty cold war with the content packs 1 - 4 and the land sea and air pack on my Xbox one s (its was around £100 if I remember correctly), everything worked fine. The one s was getting...