Games won't launch under child accounts

Discus and support Games won't launch under child accounts in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; We have downloaded some games rated "Everyone" on our Xbox One S. When my kids try to launch the game while under their profile they get an error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MarkHowells2, Nov 12, 2020.

1. MarkHowells2
    MarkHowells2 Guest

We have downloaded some games rated "Everyone" on our Xbox One S. When my kids try to launch the game while under their profile they get an error "Please try again, that did not work for some reason (0x80070057)". The games launch perfectly fine under
    my parent profile. This error is not listed under the xbox errors page. Any help would be appreciated, I am new to the Xbox and no doubt and have done a bunch of stuff wrong in the set up. Games won't launch under child accounts :)

:)

MarkHowells2, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Flashtheknight Win User

Im To Young

Hello, if your account is seen as a child's account and is under a parent account the insider program most probably won't let you join without the parent account
  3. JFate777 Win User

Xbox notifications Help. Recieving all notifications except Game and Party invites

Heyo!

Under your privacy settings you have your appearance set to online. It could be set to "appear offline". If it is you won't receive invites.

If your account is a child account under a family account those permissions may have been removed. You can check under permissions.

Hope some of this helps
  4. Tafkapts Win User

Getting an error when trying to play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on line.

@meetequation21 Do you have your account set up as an adult or child account? EA have a policy not to allow under 16s to play online. If your account is set up as under the age of 16 you won't be able to play until the date of birth you entered reaches 16.
  5. Joshua S.. Win User

[XGP - The Outer Worlds] IndianaWindowsStore-Win64-Shipping.exe ERROR when closing the game

I am having a similar issue except my game is no longer launching. I can see this .exe running as a child process under the game itself but, the game never starts.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

my profile

Is your account a child account? If so check the parental settings on your console, some games won't even let you play online with a child account.
Thema:

1. Games won't launch under child accounts - Similar Threads - Games won't launch

2. Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Master Chief Collection Won't Run on PC. Stuck at 'Launch Game When Ready': I've been stuck with this screen and haven't been able to find a solution. I've tried pretty much everything at this point. - Reset/repair/reinstall gamer service, Xbox App and Windows Store...
  3. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  4. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  5. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...
  6. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch: I cannot get any game to launch and the only app that will start is Netflix. Most tiles just "ding" when you touch them, but the Store says "there is a problem" and Xbox Report a Problem says...
  7. Alpha skip ahead: no games and most apps won't launch

in XboX Insiders
  8. My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBox is connected to Internet but won't launch games or apps.: I have tried everything short of repurchasing game pass as it won't even let me do that. About 9pm on October 11 2023, our internet needed to be restarted. We restart the internet to find out...
  9. I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don't understand why my game won't launch, can someone help?: My game, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition, is refusing to launch. When I try to launch the game, it pulls up an error notice saying, "Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary...
  10. Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11: Already tried: 1- Resetting and repairing gaming services, Xbox app, Store app. 2- Clearing Xbox's app cache 3- Reinstalling gaming services 4- Deleting gaming services and gaming services net...