Games with Gold, trial Gold account, and MS support (or lack of).

Discus and support Games with Gold, trial Gold account, and MS support (or lack of). in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; That is an hour and 16 minutes of my life I will never get back. The issue is I am a new Xbox One user, and chose to take the one month free Xbox Live... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dpoc74, Aug 26, 2014.

1. dpoc74
    dpoc74 Guest

That is an hour and 16 minutes of my life I will never get back. The issue is I am a new Xbox One user, and chose to take the one month free Xbox Live Gold option, then input my credit card details to auto renew the following month.

The problem was I couldn't download the two free August games, and I didn't know if this was due to it being a trial, or there was a problem with my account, or something else. It didn't give me the option to get it free, just to download for money.

I contacted MS support and the following is the copy of the conversation!

(I subsequently paid for a 12 month Xbox Live Gold membership and hey presto I then got the option of downloading for free. Why didn't MS support tell me this, instead of reading a website, misunderstanding what is written in plain English, then accusing
    me of not being able to understand plain English. Argghhhhhhhh.

[table][tr][td]General Info[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chat start time[/td][td] Aug 25, 2014 7:21:55 AM EST[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chat end time[/td][td] Aug 25, 2014 8:38:39 AM EST[/td][/tr][tr][td]Duration (actual chatting time)[/td][td] 01:16:43[/td][/tr][tr][td]Operator[/td][td] Alexandra[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Chat Transcript[/td][/tr][tr][td]info: “Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '4' in the queue.”info: All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 1 minutes. Thank you for your patience.info: All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 0 minutes. Thank you for your patience.info: All agents are currently assisting others. The current average wait time is 0 minutes. Thank you for your patience.info: Privacy StatementYou are now chatting with 'Alexandra'.Alexandra: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Alexandra. Please give me a moment to review your question.you: Hello I was speaking to Ellen but lost the connectionyou: I have a one month free trial for Live Gold. I have input my credit card to renew it next month, but I can't seem to download the free games crimson dragon or strike suit zero. My gamer tag is dpo74 my emailL: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***you: Gamer tag Alexandra: Hi Dominic! Thank you so much for clarifying that up for me. Let me reinstate it just to make sure we are on the same page.Alexandra: You have a one month free trial but is unable to download free games? Is this correct?you: YesAlexandra: Thank for clearing that up for me. Upon checking my resources Dominic, Crimson Dragon and Strike suit Zero needs an actual gold subscription. Just to give you a heads up Dominic, one month free trial has only limited scope.you: Oh OK, so I need to pay for the subscription in order to get the free games?Alexandra: Actually not. You can download some of the free games. It just happens that that games are intended to have an actual subscription so you can have a full access to its features.you: Ok so how do I download them? When I go to the game the only option is to buy them? Can you check to see what subscription I have on my account?you: I am sure the trial said one month Xbox live goldAlexandra: Upon carefully checking here Dominic, your subscription will end on 09/20/2014. May I ask where are you trying to download the game please?you: In the store. Is there some other place I need to go?Alexandra: Thank you for that information. What I mean is what is the console Dominic? Is it xbox one or 360? May I happen to know if you have a payment instrument on file?you: Xbox one and it has my credit card detailsAlexandra: What error message does it gives you upon trying to download the games?you: No error, it just doesn't give the option to download it free, only to payAlexandra: let me just double check if these games are part of the Free games with gold on August Dominic. let me confirm it.you: According to the website they are the august Xbox one gamesyou: Hello are you there?Alexandra: Yes, I agree with you Dominic but there is a coverage date where you can download the free games.Alexandra: I am sorry for the delay on the system. Alexandra: Upon carefully checking here Dominic. The coverage date for that two games has finished this 08/15/2014. If it is showing you that the games are intended to have a price, it means that it is no longer free.Alexandra: You might want to check news.xbox.comAlexandra: And majornelson.com. you: OK I can't find any dates anywhere?Alexandra: Please check this instead Dominic:Alexandra: games with goldAlexandra | Search Results | Xbox Live's Major Nelson: I hope I was able to make things clear for you Dominic.you: Not really, it says here Games with Gold | Xbox Live that they are available in augustAlexandra: Go to the link I provided. you: The link you gave onlysays about the xbox360 game bring available till the 15thyou: then after the 15th there is another gameyou: HelloAlexandra: That is correct! It only means that this is not the right games that you can get for Xbox One. Please check this link for additional information.Alexandra: Click hereyou: They are the June games, the august ones are the ones I listedAlexandra: The two free games that you can download for Xbox One is Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan **** for free.Alexandra: Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero is for Xbox 360. Please check this link again.Alexandra: games with gold xbox oneyou | Search Results | Xbox Live's Major Nelson: No please look athttp://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/games-with-goldyou: The two you listed are for last month. August games are the two I listedAlexandra: As I have checked the link you provided, it is asking you to purchase it, it only means that it is no longer free due to the coverage date. That two games are only available until 08/15/2014.Alexandra: You can check this link for more updates about games with gold for Xbox One.Alexandra: Click hereAlexandra: As much as I would love you to get this free games however, I only have limited access due to some policy. If only I can control things like this I would not hesitate.you: No that is not correct. In this link Xbox Live Games with Gold for August 2014 he says that for the whole of august two games are available for Xbox one. For the 360 there is one game up to 15th and then a second game after thisyou: Hello are you still there?Alexandra: Actually, for the month of August there will be two games that will be available for free.Alexandra: However, each free games has a specific schedule as to when will it be available for free download for the month of August.you: That is what I have said. It says on the Xbox page, there are two games for the Xbox one in august. It doesn't say anything about dates. The it says for the 360 there is one game up to t 15th and another game after thatyou: Do I have gold membership status?you: Hello are you there?info: Your chat transcript will be sent to[Mod Removed] at the end of your chat.Alexandra: Yes you have Dominic. Like what I have said earlier, the two games can only be downloaded on August 1. I have double check it here.Alexandra: Upon double checking.Alexandra: It can only be downloaded for free on August 1 but not until August 15.Alexandra: Sorry for the confusion. Alexandra: For the month of August, Xbox Live Gold members can look forward to two new free games on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero will become free downloads on August 1st.you: OK but seems crazy that 360 owners can download games all month and one owners have one day. ThanksAlexandra: If we read it carefully, it is for both Xbox console.Alexandra: The one you are referring to that states "On Xbox 360, starting Friday, August 1st, Motocross Madness (normally US $9.99) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through August 15th." It means that it is only the Motorcross Madness can be downloaded on that said dates. Alexandra: But both Xbox console can download Dishonored this starting August 16th for free through August 31st.Alexandra: I am sorry for the confusion. you: No this is only for Xbox 360!!!!you: Xbox one have two different games. Which is what I have said all along!you: Nowhere does it say you have one day to download the gameAlexandra: For the month of August, Xbox Live Gold members can look forward to two new free games on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero will become free downloads on August 1st. That is what it says on the link. I am sorry if the statements seem to be confusing but I would like to let you know Dominic that if it has price corresponding to it, it means that it is no longer free to download. You can keep on checking the link I provided for further updates moving forward.you: OK thanks for the help. It doesn't make sense but there you are. Thank you and goodbye[/td][/tr][/table]

Very very frustrating and confusing. Not only is the info wrong (getting confused between 360 and One games) as well as being told the games are only available for one day but what the hell does this mean?

Alexandra: It can only be downloaded for free on August 1 but not until August 15.

I accept the fact that the free trial month may be limited, but if I was told that after 1 minute, I would have gone and bought the years subscription.

Instead an hour and 16 minutes of my time was wasted. MS paid for their employee to chat rubbish to me for 1 hour 16 mins and I got off the chat session feeling mighty angry!

Anyhoo all good now. If anyone else out there gets a one month trial gold account, and you can't download the games for free, I hope you find this site and don't go to the chat option!!!!

:)

dpoc74, Aug 26, 2014
  2. SaltSlasher
    SaltSlasher Guest
    How to get a free xbox live gold trial?

There is a free Gold trial on the system. As for Game Pass and EA Access.

But if your Xbox Account already used a Gold Trial, then it might not let you.

SaltSlasher, Aug 26, 2014
  3. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    so many silvers playing online........

Just to expand on what Owen has already said here, the reason that a trial does not show up as a gold account is because it isn't a gold account. All a trial account will allow you to do is sample some of the features of gold
    (ie, online play). There are gold features, such as the free "Games With Gold" games, or gold exclusive marketplace discounts that you can not access on a trial account.

People on trial accounts =/= Cheaters.

People on new accounts =/= Cheaters.

Cheaters = Cheaters.

Dirty Loco, Aug 26, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Wow. I really must apologize on her behalf. It's like she wasn't even reading what you were asking.

Xbox One Games With Gold games are available to download on the first (unless otherwise stated) and then will continue through the whole month. Not really sure where she was getting her info from.

However, a one month Gold trial membership is a trial and only offers some aspects of a full Gold membership. You would need to purchase a Gold membership (as you have already done) to take full advantage of all that the service has to offer.

Again, sorry you had a bad experience at the start but things seem to be working for you now which is good.

BTW, you should check out EA Access. It costs $5 per month or $30 per year and will give you free access to games in the vault (Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25 and Peggle 2 currently) as well as a 10% discount on other games and DLC.

onyxishere, Aug 26, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Wow. I really must apologize on her behalf. It's like she wasn't even reading what you were asking.

Xbox One Games With Gold games are available to download on the first (unless otherwise stated) and then will continue through the whole month. Not really sure where she was getting her info from.

However, a one month Gold trial membership is a trial and only offers some aspects of a full Gold membership. You would need to purchase a Gold membership (as you have already done) to take full advantage of all that the service has to offer.

Again, sorry you had a bad experience at the start but things seem to be working for you now which is good.

BTW, you should check out EA Access. It costs $5 per month or $30 per year and will give you free access to games in the vault (Battlefield 4, FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25 and Peggle 2 currently) as well as a 10% discount on other games and DLC.
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

so many silvers playing online........

Just to expand on what Owen has already said here, the reason that a trial does not show up as a gold account is because it isn't a gold account. All a trial account will allow you to do is sample some of the features of gold
    (ie, online play). There are gold features, such as the free "Games With Gold" games, or gold exclusive marketplace discounts that you can not access on a trial account.

People on trial accounts =/= Cheaters.

People on new accounts =/= Cheaters.

Cheaters = Cheaters.
  7. davemcfly85 Win User

I've got a Xbox Live issue!!!!!!!

You cannot use trials on a gold account only on silver ones call support for your gold issue.
  8. Nod Nolan Win User

Battlefield 4 beta 4 oct

a Trial Gold account is still a Gold account. So a Trial gold account will be able to do anything a normal Gold account account can, including the Battlefield 4 Beta.
  9. PalmettoBling Win User

Live Gold Issues

Games with Gold does prompt you to "Buy" the game for Free, so it does require that you have purchase credentials associated with your account. You must also be a current Xbox Live Gold member (or at least a one-month free trial, two-week trials do not work)
    to receive the benefits that come along with Games with Gold.

More information on Games with Gold can be found on the support site here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/games-with-gold-faq
Thema:

1. Games with Gold, trial Gold account, and MS support (or lack of). - Similar Threads - Games Gold trial

2. Using Game Pass trial code while Gold subscription is still active?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using Game Pass trial code while Gold subscription is still active?: I currently have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription that has several months remaining. I also have an unused Game Pass (GP) trial code (forget if it was 14 day or 1 month). What would happen if...
  3. Can’t get games with gold game because I already own trial

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t get games with gold game because I already own trial: I tried to get Tom Clancy’s The Division, which is free for games with gold but it says i already own it. I downlaoded a free trial a while back and wont let me get the full version, unless i pay...
  4. Xbox life gold game turned into a trial for no reason

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox life gold game turned into a trial for no reason: I had installed this game for free when it was on gold a while ago and its been in my ready to install but now its saying its a trial 813e47d8-acd8-4804-8bf8-e2bd5f3d3626
  5. How do i cancel my xbox gold and game pass trial

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i cancel my xbox gold and game pass trial: The trial doesnt show up in the cancel payments so i dont know what to do 47c1d918-9c55-4383-955c-39a15f1176bc
  6. Xbox Live Gold trial 14 days - free game redeem issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold trial 14 days - free game redeem issue: Hello, Recently I got a new Xbox One S and along with it came a 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold subscription. While I could successfully get Battlefield 1 and Race the Sun which are for X1, I...
  7. Lego Star Wars III free with Gold... 14 day Free Trial, Says I have to Buy Game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lego Star Wars III free with Gold... 14 day Free Trial, Says I have to Buy Game??: Why does LEGO Star Wars III, Show up as Current Free With Gold, but with 14 day Free Trial, it is Listed as Having to Buy for $20 ??? 9035e509-1a16-447f-a983-d8cd4e5a2672
  8. Gold trial didn't allow for purchase of discounted game.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gold trial didn't allow for purchase of discounted game.: so just bought an Xbox and am using the 14 day gold membership. When I went to purchase battlefield 4 at the discounted price it did not let me because apparently you don't get the benefits of...
  9. i activated a 14 day gold trial and i can't access multiplayer in any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    i activated a 14 day gold trial and i can't access multiplayer in any game: i activated a 14 day gold trial and i can't access multiplayer in any game when i go to check memberships in the console (xb1) it says i have it but in the website i doesn't...
  10. Just redeemed 2 Day Xbox Live Gold Trial, game still requires me to subscribe for a Gold ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just redeemed 2 Day Xbox Live Gold Trial, game still requires me to subscribe for a Gold ...: I just redeemed a code that came with my new Xbox and it said it was processed. Now when I try to play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition multiplayer it takes me to a page showing different deals for...