Games under the backwards compatibility program keep having audio issues, when using headphones

Discus and support Games under the backwards compatibility program keep having audio issues, when using headphones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I noticed this after playing Tomb Raider: Legend, and thought it was a weird bug with the game itself, but it happened again when I played Lost... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vera Alves2, May 18, 2023.

1. Vera Alves2
    Vera Alves2 Guest

Games under the backwards compatibility program keep having audio issues, when using headphones

I noticed this after playing Tomb Raider: Legend, and thought it was a weird bug with the game itself, but it happened again when I played Lost Odyssey. If I play with my TV Speakers, the audio is fine, but if I use my headphones the audio will freak out. I haven't noticed this with Xbox One/Xbox Series games, only backwards compatible ones from the 360 era. The headphone in question is a HyperX CloudX "designed for the Xbox"

:)

Vera Alves2, May 18, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing well and safe out there. I'm an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Let’s try some steps to isolate the issue.Kindly turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds and then plug the console power cable back in. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.
  3. Murderstyle75 Win User

Optical Out - What is it for??

Backwards compatability for games and audio systems are entirely different things. The term backwards compatability and a standard connection like "optical" shouldn't even exist in the same sentence. And even if the current headsets don't work, "Dolby Headphone"
    is pretty much the standard for surround sound headphone technology. This takes Dolby 5.1 Source Material and creates a 7.1 matrix.
  4. XB1R OXOSSI Win User

Black ops not working on X box one

The reason it is not allowing you to play yet is because the game has not been released for backwards compatibility yet. It is on our list of titles soon to be released but is not available yet. Keep an eye on this link http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility and
    it will show you when it becomes part of our backwards compatible program.
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Mortal kombat

Thats a developer choice but you can always keep on the lookout for new games under the BC Program >>> Here <<<
  6. pjameleven Win User

BattleBlock Theater

Hello,

The issue you may be having is I don't believe that Battle Block Theater is part of the backwards compatibility program. You can find a full list of backwards compatible games here. https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

Hope that helps, happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Games under the backwards compatibility program keep having audio issues, when using headphones - Similar Threads - Games under backwards

2. Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t the Mortal Kombat 11 Story Modes appear under my games and add-ons?: I recently got an Xbox One disc copy of Mortal Kombat 11 to play on my Xbox Series X. Ever since I got it, I’ve been dying to play the story mode, but it wouldn’t let me in game. I tried going to...
  3. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  4. THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming: I have ULTIMATE XBOX GAME PASS and running xbox app under windows 11.. when I start a game it says no controller connected...despite My PC being able to see the wheel and pedals and I have checked...
  5. Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S constantly saying I need under a gigabyte to update games, when 80+ is available on...: I have an Xbox 1S. It has 80+ gb of storage left on the internal hard drive, but I cannot even access my games or do anything because whenever one of my games has an update, it spams my screen...
  6. Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings: Hello there, As mentioned in the title, when going to the Settings and more specifically to the "gaming features" section, there are no options there. The only thing I can see is that the PC I'm...
  7. How do fix the warning sign under my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do fix the warning sign under my games?: I can’t play my games. It shows the triangle sign under my every game in home screen. 7e9c9cb8-c4b8-4d61-96fd-c2e21caa5dc7
  8. I have game ultimate I redeemed under US region but I moved to Mexico. Can I redeem...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have game ultimate I redeemed under US region but I moved to Mexico. Can I redeem...: I have game ultimate I redeemed under US region but I moved to Mexico. Can I redeem Microsoft Rewards Mexico and redeem UGP Reward? 1dc00df4-e160-4ba9-84e1-976be25c1f6a
  9. Unable to play game that is under allowed apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play game that is under allowed apps: My account has a certain game that, while above what I am normally allowed to play by my restriction settings, is under allowed apps and I have played before. Now I am no longer able to download...
  10. What are some game pass games with quick achievements that I can get under a minute?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are some game pass games with quick achievements that I can get under a minute?: I'm running out of games that has quick achievements for the daily quests. I was wondering if someone can suggest some games with quick achievements that I can get...