Games take too long to start

Discus and support Games take too long to start in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; All my games take too long to start and then after some perseverance one may start but is incredibly slow. HELP? 36241969-5ee9-49cf-932e-d6958d46151a Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by George Prigg, Sep 1, 2022.

1. George Prigg
    George Prigg Guest

All my games take too long to start and then after some perseverance one may start but is incredibly slow. HELP?

:)

George Prigg, Sep 1, 2022
  2. FAA BIGLETCH Win User

Games taking too long to start

Every time I do a factory reset on my console I have to download my profile again.

I still think others would be experiencing the same problem if it was a software fault.
  3. deJaVuMunchiez Win User

Game taking too long to start

I'm having this problem with Madden 16. Reset my console about 10 times. Nothing happens. Infuriating.
  4. PhinnyZ Win User

Hello caledoniaman,

Have you tried reinstalling the game, and are you installing the game on the internal hard drive or do you have an external hard drive.

Thank you
  5. FlashSpirit3 Win User

Can you tell us which games? Some servers are having really bad issues right now, especially Activision. If it is non-COD games then it could be something with your network as Xbox Live is running pretty well right now.
  6. FAA BIGLETCH Win User

Games taking too long to start

Hi MaximumExtreme. I have done all of that several times. Even a full factory reset and download of all my games.

Still same problem.

I have a second Xbox one in the house (my sons) and you can hear the harddrive working when the room is quiet. My Xbox is very quiet compared to his.

I think I have a hard drive issue and games are taking to long to load and I am being timed out of lobbies.

Xbox support and preview team don't think so.

I don't know what else to do. I am sure I need to return my Xbox for a repair but that does not seem to be an option?
Thema:

1. Games take too long to start - Similar Threads - Games too long

2. Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and sign in take too long to load, tried restarting the games, Xbox, network, cleared...: It's Christmas eve, I've been away for months, I dusted it off. It could load disney plus slowly, but everything else, like prime video and Netflix, all games both disc and digital don't work. I...
  3. Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error?: How do I resolve the "For some reason "game or app" took too long to start (0x8027025a) error? I've tried the check for posted outages and the hard restart. Still get the same message when trying...
  4. What do I do if my Xbox takes too long to start all my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do if my Xbox takes too long to start all my games?: P.s I have done everything that's been suggested. Eject and Sync, unplugging, removing my accounts. EVERYTHING!!! I fear I've lost my xbox. This is just so frustrating, thought it'd be a much...
  5. Yestersday all my app games will not load. It keeps saying This game is taking too long to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Yestersday all my app games will not load. It keeps saying This game is taking too long to...: All my Xbox One app games are not loading, it keeps saying when I try to open any game this game is taking too long to start. Please return answers to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  6. Game or app took too long to start

in XboX Insiders
    Game or app took too long to start: I have a problem where everyday everything on my xbox “takes too long to start” and it stays that way until I restart the whole console. After that I am good for the day but the next day it...
  7. Why do I keep getting the: "For some reason X game has taken too long to load?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I keep getting the: "For some reason X game has taken too long to load?: Most of my games are running just fine. But games like Sniper Elite 4 and other game pass games. Will not load and I get an error message saying it has taken too long to start.Using an alternate...
  8. Is it safe to be inactive for too long while in a game on my Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it safe to be inactive for too long while in a game on my Series S?: I was inactive on my Xbox for a long while and I was in a game so I was wondering if it’s safe to be inactive for too long or will my Xbox be affected or damaged....
  9. "your game has taken too long to load"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "your game has taken too long to load": Xbox One S user here I have experienced the black screen of Death And managed to fix it, Yesterday I Was Gaming on my xbox perfectly fine forza horizon 4 would load and I raced a couple of times...
  10. Game took too long to start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game took too long to start: Hi Can anyone help with a problem my son's xbox s has developed. Most games bring up an error message that "for some reason the game took too long to start" We have tried all the standard fixes...