Games stuck on syncing data Xbox app Windows

Discus and support Games stuck on syncing data Xbox app Windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have seen quite a few users are experiencing the same problem as me. Occasionally loading games on the Xbox app for Windows, games get stuck... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OnlyAlex22, Jan 31, 2023.

1. OnlyAlex22
    OnlyAlex22 Guest

Hello, I have seen quite a few users are experiencing the same problem as me. Occasionally loading games on the Xbox app for Windows, games get stuck at syncing data.

This is on a brand new laptop. I have tried resetting the device and I have researched online and plenty of other users are having a similar problem.

I have repaired the Xbox app, gaming services and MS Store which worked one time.

Now I have to restart the gamingservices.exe task in services whenever the problem occurs in order to play my games.

Does anyone know why this fault occurs and if Microsoft are aware as lots of other users are experiencing the same problem.

Is anyone else here experience the same problem?

Cheers

:)

OnlyAlex22, Jan 31, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Just to confirm, so basically, you have tried both the repair button and reset button for the apps, right?
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Reset the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the reset button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.
  4. OnlyAlex22 Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Reset the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the reset button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    Hello, thank you for this. As I mention, I have already tried this and whilst it does resolve the issue for a while, it keeps occuring.

Many thanks
  5. Sonowake38917a7e-00a Win User

Windows Xbox App crashes while launching games, game stuck at syncing data.

Unfortunately not, did all the steps restarted and atttempted to launch the game to the same 3 errors in event viewer and game still stuck at syncing data and the xbox app as crashed.
  6. Ryn0 L Win User

Syncing data problem

Same here. Just hoped on X1 after getting home from work and can't run any app/game really. It gets stuck syncing data...
Thema:

1. Games stuck on syncing data Xbox app Windows - Similar Threads - Games stuck syncing

2. Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched

in XboX Insiders
    Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched: When I launch a game it keeps on loading in the signing in screen. I have been getting this issue since yesterday. submitted by /u/EclipseEternale [link] [comments]
  3. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  4. Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?: On Xbox game bar whenever I try to get on Xbox social it always says "signing in" and no matter how long I wait it doesn't sign me in. I was wondering if there is a fix for this....
  5. How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data')

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get the Xbox App to Sync Data? (Gamepass games stuck 'syncing data'): At some point the Xbox app decided to kill itself. Occasionally, I can launch and play games only to quit and have this eternal 'syncing data' launch screen the following launch of the game, for...
  6. Xbox Game Pass game stuck on sync (Neither of the available solutions are working)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game stuck on sync (Neither of the available solutions are working): [PC] Hey! I played Forza Horizon 5 a lot but deleted the game and had a 3-4 month break. After this I downloaded the game and launched it, the little game window showed up and started the Syncing...
  7. PC Xbox games are trying to sync, stuck at 0% and never actually start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC Xbox games are trying to sync, stuck at 0% and never actually start: When I start any game now for the first time since 15/8/23 the game gets to its first loading screen and attempts to sync data. During this time the progress bar stays at 0% forever. If I cancel...
  8. Gamepass game being stuck on sync

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass game being stuck on sync: Hello, I've been playing this game I got on gamepass recently (no man's sky) and I've been having issues with opening it. I've been waiting about 20 minutes for it to sync but it appears to not...
  9. Stuck at data sync 0% - Xbox game pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Stuck at data sync 0% - Xbox game pass PC: Im facing issues with the xbox pass on PC with Gears of War 4 where the loading screen just continues at data sync 0% and doesnt move. I have tried with unsuccess the following troubleshoots...
  10. Data sync stuck on every game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Data sync stuck on every game: Help, any game stuck on data sync screen!!! I've test both gears of war 4 and phantom dust, it login on game for windows live or whataver it is this faulty stuff and start a synchronization. The...