Games Pass for Windows installing issues

Discus and support Games Pass for Windows installing issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having issues with installing several games through the Xbox app. When installing it will stay on Preparing 0% for about 5 minutes then it will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KieranBradley, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Games Pass for Windows installing issues

I'm having issues with installing several games through the Xbox app. When installing it will stay on Preparing 0% for about 5 minutes then it will just return the error 0x00000001 everytime. I have tested this so far with Microsoft Flight Simulator, Dishonored Death of the Outsider, Katana Zero, and Forza Horizon 4. Only Forza Horizon 4 was able to install with the rest returning the previously noted error.

I have already tried making sure I'm on the latest version of Windows which I am, no optional updates to install. Tried installing KB5004476 through the Update Catalog but got the error that it wasn't applicable to my system. Tried rebooting my PC with no changes to the issue. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the gaming services app with no change either. There shouldn't be any issues with storage space as I still have 3TB of space on the drive I'm installing on.

One thing to note was I had issues for a while with the Windows store in which it wouldn't reinstall for me at all due to the computer initially being managed through InTune which has been since removed from. I have only recently been able to get the Windows store working by installing the Windows Store appxbundle using https://store.rg-adguard.net/ that gathered files from Microsoft's website to provide the appropriate files necessary such as NET Native Framework.

Would appreciate any help.

:)

KieranBradley, Sep 11, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

I want to thank you in advance for coming to the Xbox community forum.

About the problem you are having, I recommend that you try the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Open RegEdit as an administrator and delete the following Services:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet]

PC reboot

Install gaming service like you would normally

Solution 2:

Go to your windows settings, go to the tab>applications and resources>Search for Gaming Services, click on it, go to advanced options, and tap repair.

*If it doesn't work, try the alternative below.

Download the Create Windows 10 installation media application from the link below, at the end of the download run the application, and then follow the instructions given by the program at the end click on upgrade. Rest assured none of your files will be lost, this is a system restore that will try to fix this error.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

*Thanks in advance for contacting us, it's always a pleasure to help the community.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello KieranBradley,

I would recommend trying to perform a clean boot in Windows!

If the issue persists, try to clear the Microsoft Store cache

1. Press Windows Key + R to launch Run.
    2. Enter wsreset.exe and hit Enter.
    3. Once the reset process finished, restart your PC and then check if it helps.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Game pass on PC not working

To install games from Xbox Game Pass, you must have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass for PC plan.

If you want to install games from the Xbox Game Pass catalogue and you are not able to, make sure your Xbox Game Pass subscription is active: Check your status

Also, make sure your device is online. If needed, follow the steps in: Fix network connection issues in Windows
  5. BodyCountX Win User

Hitman on gamepass PC not loading

Having the same issue with Game Pass Hitman 3. Uninstalled and re-installed, same thing. I'm running Windows 11.
  6. Natlivings Win User

games on xbox app wont work

It's just like that, I'm having the same issue, I've formatted the drive, and a fresh windows 11 installation, any game from game pass won't launch.
Thema:

1. Games Pass for Windows installing issues - Similar Threads - Games Pass Windows

2. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  3. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...: I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but now i cant install the game pass app. 669f409c-1ffc-4924-b160-961a33b673d9
  5. como hacer que windows reconosca juegos de xbox game pass instalados / how to make windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    como hacer que windows reconosca juegos de xbox game pass instalados / how to make windows...: ESPAÑOL VERSION: Hola, recientemente tuve que formatear la PC, al volver a instalar la app de Xbox, pude instalar 2 juegos de 3 que tenia, cuando los buscaba en gamepass me salia "jugar" y listo,...
  6. Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streets of rage 4 Xbox game pass won't launch on Windows 11: Already tried: 1- Resetting and repairing gaming services, Xbox app, Store app. 2- Clearing Xbox's app cache 3- Reinstalling gaming services 4- Deleting gaming services and gaming services net...
  7. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...
  8. Windows XBox Game Pass game doesnt launch. I have an error code: -2015294512.That code only...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows XBox Game Pass game doesnt launch. I have an error code: -2015294512.That code only...: I need help bc i pay for the game pass montly and a cant solve the problem. d29cf507-ee2b-476d-9d8b-f03799210606
  9. When trying to buy xbox game pass the xbox app crashes windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When trying to buy xbox game pass the xbox app crashes windows 10: Already restpring scbos app and microsoft store as well as uninstalling and installing back again, nothing works, every time I click "join for X amount of money" it just crashes...
  10. How is the Game Pass for Windows still so tragically frustrating to use?

in XboX Insiders
    How is the Game Pass for Windows still so tragically frustrating to use?: So this is just a rant, but almost every time I load the game pass for windows it hangs, or there's a launch code error. Then I end up spending more time troubleshooting the issue than playing...