Games or updates download loop

Discus and support Games or updates download loop in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So for the past month my xbox s started to download games or updates that i have already downoaded more than once any idea why?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Zaid_B52, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Zaid_B52
    Zaid_B52 Guest

So for the past month my xbox s started to download games or updates that i have already downoaded more than once any idea why?

:)

Zaid_B52, Mar 4, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Zaid_B52, this is really not normal on the console, in which case the updates may not be sticking correctly.

Try to reset the console keeping games and apps.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  3. AntOnXbox Win User

Xbox 360 game download reaches 79%, then restarts at 0%

GTA IV still doesn’t work at all for me it just resets the download every single time
    UPDATE: GTA IV finally downloaded after weeks of trying to download it, It downloaded at 6PM to 7PM MST; I left my console on even if it kept looping and looping (79%-0%) and eventually it fully downloaded.
  4. NameMonkey Boy Win User

What time does the patch hit today?.

[quote user="xR3AVEz"]

Looks like im not downloading the new patch yet from what im reading everywhere that its getting an error and stuck in a loop and cant even cancel it. Anyone on here downloaded both patches successfully?.

[/quote]

I did manage to cancel the download by disconnecting from XBL, which allowed me to delete the update and stop the loop. It's seem like the problem is not with the patch, many XBL users are having problems downloading content for other games as well.
  5. MetalGreengrunt Win User

Update code

Before the hacking started the game was caught in 992kb update loop after I downloaded the latest patch.... And the hacking has begun anew... I'll take your crap and raise it by 2 tons. ; )
  6. VirtuaRemix Win User

Xbox downloads Extremely slow

Same thing happening to me. I'm on NBN also. Instead, my games are stuck in an update loop. Only thing that actually works is disconnecting the network and also clicking on "Go offline" in network settings. Then you should be able to reload your game
    fully and play it (if you have the disc that is). As soon as you reconnect the network though, it'll get stuck in a mandatory update loop and will not let you start a game...

Also, my NBN is 90mbit Download & 50mbit upload. Still my games refuse to update at any rational speed... am getting sub-1mbit speeds and recuring "download stopped" notifications.
Thema:

1. Games or updates download loop - Similar Threads - Games updates download

2. When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When a game updates on my Xbox One it downloads at 10-20mbps. I have 300mbps internet and...: Why do my games download so slow? Other devices on my internet download at 200-300mbps * Moved from Community Center 606f93d9-f957-4abd-b363-5c7f393fde2a
  3. Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on my XboxOne do not download nor update and I get this explanation error code...: After relocating from the UK to Singapore my Xbox does not want to upload games from my Library, I cannot update games and I cannot play online. When testing my internet on the Xbox is shows...
  4. Game update won't download!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game update won't download!: My update won't download despite console pulling in date. It's pulling about 300 mb an hour but none of that is going to the update! Please help, I had a longer description but it wouldn't submit....
  5. Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t it let me download the game on Xbox store when I haven’t updated the game but...: I’m having trouble with downloading a game on disc and I tried buying it in the Xbox store but cannot because it says “u own this already” 84debe74-dbae-4e50-a944-bb68cd205219
  6. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  7. Hi guys I have a problem with some games that I want to download or update giving me an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi guys I have a problem with some games that I want to download or update giving me an...: I have a problem with downloading and updating several games that I can not download or update them gives me an error with the code 0x87e0012c 58d55dd6-5aaa-494e-973a-5ea8e0e613f5
  8. Update is downloading the whole game again

in XboX Insiders
    Update is downloading the whole game again: For the second time in a month I've been prompt to update Call of Duty on my Xbox Series X. Once the update starts it give me a 204.51GB download which is the entire game, even though everything...
  9. My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one is updating a game (COD) and the download speed is 2.99 mbps. When I speedtest...: I posted my question and pretty much said it all. It is hard-wired through a switch or two BUT the speed-test desktop is hardwired the exact same way (they are next to each other) and I do not...
  10. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...