Games on PC showing mouse and keyboard prompts with a controller conected.

Discus and support Games on PC showing mouse and keyboard prompts with a controller conected. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every game I play on PC Game Pass, the buttons on the HUD appears as M&KB buttons instead of the controller ones. When I hold a button on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yanko1232, Jan 26, 2023.

1. yanko1232
    yanko1232 Guest

Every game I play on PC Game Pass, the buttons on the HUD appears as M&KB buttons instead of the controller ones. When I hold a button on the controller, it switches to controller buttons, but when I release, it switches back to M&KB and its really annoying. Already tried to unplug M&KB but it didnt work. Some games have the option to change it on the settings, but most does not have that option. I dont know what else to do.

:)

yanko1232, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JonathanQuesada1,

Based on the description, you are having issue with Xbox Series X controller connected to your PC. Let us see how we can help.

We would like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution to your concern.

1. When did the issue start?
    2. How is your Xbox controller connected to your PC? Is it through Bluetooth or using USB cable?
    3. Are you seeing this behavior in all games and apps or in one game or app?
    4. How did you update your Xbox Controller? Did you update it on PC, update with USB or update wirelessly?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

1. If you are seeing this behavior across all games and apps, it could mean that your controller button configuration has been remapped. To check your current controller button settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Under Profile & system, select Settings.
    • Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.
    • On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select Configure.
    • Carefully review the current mapping for each of the buttons on your controller. You can also select Restore to default to set the controller back to its original button mapping.
    For more info on controller button names and basic functions, see: Get to know your Xbox One Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

2. Update your controller on Windows 11 using the Xbox accessories app.

• If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

Microsoft Store
    • Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    • When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.
    For your reference, see: Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello JonathanQuesada1,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed and sorted out in your end.

If you have other concern in the future related to Xbox product and services, feel free to create a new thread to discuss and we are more than happy to help.

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. JonathanQuesada1 Win User

I already fix it, problem was a conflict with Steam launcher, just had to close it.
  5. Arminator Win User

Keyboard/Mouse?

In order to keep an equal and fair multiplayer experience, you can only play with controllers on the Xbox One.

Games that work on the PC as well (like for example Gears of War 4) can be played with keyboard and mouse, but you can only play cooperative multiplayer with console owners that have to use controllers, so mouse and keyboard users don't have an advantage.

These XIM4 or Mayflash devices aren't real mouse and keyboard devices. These devices show themselves as a standard controller to the console, and when you move the mouse, the adaptor "guesses" from the speed you move the mouse, how hard it should push a
    simulated controller stick in a certain direction.

These adaptors won't give you the same control as the mouse on a real PC.

When you stream the Xbox game screen to your PC, you can also only use a Xbox controller. Mouse and Keyboard won't work as a game input (you can only use the keyboard to enter text when the virtual keyboard is shown).

There are plans to get Keyboard and mouse working, if there ever is a way to stream the PC screen to the Xbox console.

But currently, if you're playing on the Xbox console, it's controller only (even if the controller is "guesstimated" with mouse and keyboard inputs).
  6. Arminator Win User

DOUBT!

The Xbox can't be controlled by keyboard and mouse through the Stream mode at all. While it's possible in the Minecraft Bedrock Edition to use Keyboard and mouse, all other games don't accept keyboard and mouse input at all.

You might have to try Minecraft, if you can control it via Keyboard and mouse while streaming to your PC.
Thema:

1. Games on PC showing mouse and keyboard prompts with a controller conected. - Similar Threads - Games showing mouse

2. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  3. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  4. Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar Overlay Not Showing Up (I've tried everything): For context, when I was playing a game I was using the game bar to talk with my friends in a party. I saw that there was an update available so I started to update it. When it was done the game...
  5. Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit."

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar says "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit.": I've reset, terminated and repaired the gamebar many times. I've done the remove and reinstall through powershell. This started happening a couple of days ago and clicking refresh 4 or 5 times...
  6. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  7. Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game Bar won't show friends - "We can't show your friends right now. Try again in a bit": My game bar displays "we can't show your friends right now. try again in a bit" If I click the refresh button no dice. I have reset/repaired both game bar and xbox app. I have tried the...
  8. Game pass ultimate not showing up

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass ultimate not showing up: I bought my brother game pass ultimate but it’s only showing he has core. What do we do? 68eab80a-7f24-403a-a6c6-24f906bc181b
  9. Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Games shows me Online when i am Offline in xbox to followers: Hi, I have a serious issue and kind of a breach of contract. The Show offline mode is directly related to "hiding" offline. The problem is that some games (Neverwinter) Allows followers to...
  10. Games on PC showing mouse and keyboard prompts with a controller conected.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games on PC showing mouse and keyboard prompts with a controller conected.: Every game I play on PC Game Pass, the buttons on the HUD appears as mouse and keyboard buttons instead of the controller ones. When I hold a button on the controller, it switches to controller...