Games not playing only "syncing data"?

Discus and support Games not playing only "syncing data"? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday all my games on my pc from game pass worked fine. online and offline. Today I can't get any of them to open. It just sits there saying... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bennette Jones, May 22, 2023.

1. Games not playing only "syncing data"?

Yesterday all my games on my pc from game pass worked fine. online and offline. Today I can't get any of them to open. It just sits there saying "syncing data". any reason why this would happen? Is there a fix for it? I have tried to load the games online and offline and have the same results. also checked for all updates.

:)

Bennette Jones, May 22, 2023
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Game Pass Ultimate

Play anywhere games sync data so its a simple load and the data is the same. I can play Astroneer on either console or PC and it is the same save game that just sync's.
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 synchronizing Cloud Data fail, savegame lost

No, I only played on my PC, I don't even have an xbox :D

That's why I'm completly clueless What happened there
    Ah ok, I just assumed you started out on Xbox, with the PC having to sync data,

The only time i have to data sync is when I'm playing from Xbox to PC ( sync happens on PC ) or PC to Xbox ( sync happens on Xbox ),

I don't know why it would need to sync data if you started out and just play on PC,

I'm not sure what else you can try, other than try to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if it has any affect or if it fixes the issue.
  4. g0r1x Win User

Syncing issues with Starfield when playing via Cloud

Almost same issue here. Play only on PC with Game Pass, don't have Xbox. It keeps freezing on "Syncing data" screen when I start the game.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Re syncing lost worlds In Minecraft

Hi Litt1e Lettuce,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

Syncing data to the Xbox Live cloud storage is a automatic process which syncs data to the cloud to back up the data, and then would only re-sync back to the console if the local saved data has been removed or deleted from the console's hard drive, assuming
    you are playing on Xbox One.

On Xbox One, there is a way to clear local saved data, restart your Xbox, and upon staring a game, the data is re-synced from the cloud. One Windows 10, you will need to re-install the game.

Please let us know what edition and what platform you play on.
  6. BigHorn951 Win User

Console restart on one specific game.

Sorry to hear your having this problem. Try this.

1. Go to Settings

2. Go to System

3. Click on Clear Local Saved Games (This only deletes data off console. Game data will Sync when you open game)

4. Xbox will restart after clearing data

5. Open Game (Data should Sync and Games will now work)
Thema:

Games not playing only "syncing data"?

1. Games not playing only "syncing data"? - Similar Threads - Games playing syncing

2. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  3. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  4. How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?: I got told I can use it to play on xbox pc, i can use it through the app but when i open the game it wont allow me to use it anymore... what can i do to fix this?...
  5. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  6. I am getting error code 0x83860012 when trying to sync my games to play online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am getting error code 0x83860012 when trying to sync my games to play online.: I checked my network settings and everything is good the Xbox One S is saying but the syncing hits 99% and then gives me the code. I have tried multiple times but get same result. It was working...
  7. Error Code 0x803F8001 whenever I play anything on xbox game pass, date and time is synced...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x803F8001 whenever I play anything on xbox game pass, date and time is synced...: I just got a new pc and tried playing forza and that didn't work so i was wondering how to fix this 700b99a3-3ec3-444c-a257-9117e5ebe817
  8. When attempting to play in forza horizon 5 the game restarts and data sync is unavailable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When attempting to play in forza horizon 5 the game restarts and data sync is unavailable: When attempting to play in forza horizon 5 the game restarts and data sync is unavailable. It's a game I played for about 400 hours and I started getting this error after the win 11 update....
  9. Games cant sync/play online on through pc game pass?

in XboX Insiders
    Games cant sync/play online on through pc game pass?: Anytime i try and play a game it says can't sync, so i have to play offline. I noticed that my xbox game bar wont sign in either, it just says cant show friends right now. submitted by...
  10. Can't sync any game data on pass, forced all play offline

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sync any game data on pass, forced all play offline: Ill try to keep it simple and clean but apologize on grammar. Issues im having: all games will not sync data, while trying to download games says i cant because of age restriction. On the age...