Games needing re-installed?

Discus and support Games needing re-installed? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone - I am having a rather annoying issue with games needing to re-install on my Xbox One. The install is NOT like the 1st one. It lets me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kronic Herba, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Kronic Herba
    Kronic Herba Guest

Hey everyone - I am having a rather annoying issue with games needing to re-install on my Xbox One. The install is NOT like the 1st one. It lets me play instantly, but blocks out a LOT of features while it re-installs. In BF4 I can only play single player
    while it installs. The install only takes 20 minutes for each game, but WHY does it even need to do this. If I play 5 games, and then play one I haven't played in those 5, it needs to re-install...

-

I have the following games installed on my Xbox One HDD:

-

Battlefield 4: 33.66GB

Call of Duty: Ghosts: 39.5GB

Dead Rising 3: 19.9GB

FIFA 14: 8.7GB

Forza 5: 31.76 GB

Madden NFL 25: 12.51GB

NBA 2K14: 43.14GB

Ryse: 34.94GB

Halo Spartan ****: 3GB

-

That's a total of 239GB + a few apps I have. Why are games needing re-installed when my HDD is clearly not full?

-

I hope this all made sense. Was a little hard to write it out in a proper way. Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions or help Games needing re-installed? :)

:)

Kronic Herba, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Miss Pwny
    Miss Pwny Guest
    My signature.

Dont act like you all don't feel the effects of needing Skyrim. I know you;re all users..er needers

Also, my hair was always pulled out...jerk

Miss Pwny, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Control

Hi, I recently purchased a speed wheel wireless controller. The controller seems to be off centre, needing to be turned at least 45degrees to the left just to keep cars straight. Is there any way of re-calibrating the wheel and re-setting its centre point?

Metalgeekatron, Jan 2, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

This only happens with BF4?

x24hrs2livex, Jan 2, 2014
  5. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest
    I have had one issue with ghosts where it fully installed but not it sits in the my games and apps section at the front. When you press menu on it, you get different menu items than the normal ones for an installed games. I am thinking updates or something
    mess up the install. I have to uninstall and reinstall it too but I only got it on that one game.

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 2, 2014
  6. sounds like updates. when BF4 updates it "reinstalls" in the menu but its really patching the game.

Upinya Slayin, Jan 2, 2014
  7. It sounds to me like your HDD might be full, but it also sounds like you've got plenty of space left, which is quite odd. Generally, I've heard that if it gets full, it'll automatically uninstall the games or apps you don't use (which would make sense since
    you say it will have to re-install within the last 5 games) & re-install them when you try to play them again. If you haven't already done so, I would take this to www.xbox.com/support.

Galactic Geek, Jan 2, 2014
  8. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

Not that. The patches one. It will do that when installing patches.

DuFFuL, Jan 2, 2014
  9. Kronic Herba
    Kronic Herba Guest
    [quote user="Galactic Geek"]

It sounds to me like your HDD might be full, but it also sounds like you've got plenty of space left, which is quite odd. Generally, I've heard that if it gets full, it'll automatically uninstall the games or apps you don't use (which would make sense since
    you say it will have to re-install within the last 5 games) & re-install them when you try to play them again. If you haven't already done so, I would take this to www.xbox.com/support.

[/quote]

-

I was thinking this. Figured I would ask here before going to support. Seems odd that EVERY game I haven;t played in bit would have an update as some have said it could be. There should be no way my HDD is full already with only 8 games installed lol

-

Thanks for everyones help Games needing re-installed? :) I will contact support and see what they say about it and report back.

Kronic Herba, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Kronic Herba Win User

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

It sounds to me like your HDD might be full, but it also sounds like you've got plenty of space left, which is quite odd. Generally, I've heard that if it gets full, it'll automatically uninstall the games or apps you don't use (which would make sense since

[/quote]

-

I was thinking this. Figured I would ask here before going to support. Seems odd that EVERY game I haven;t played in bit would have an update as some have said it could be. There should be no way my HDD is full already with only 8 games installed lol

-

Thanks for everyones help :) I will contact support and see what they say about it and report back.
  11. Galactic Geek Win User

12. Upinya Slayin Win User

sounds like updates. when BF4 updates it "reinstalls" in the menu but its really patching the game.
  13. x24hrs2livex Win User

This only happens with BF4?
  14. CAMARO Xlll Win User

I have had one issue with ghosts where it fully installed but not it sits in the my games and apps section at the front. When you press menu on it, you get different menu items than the normal ones for an installed games. I am thinking updates or something
    mess up the install. I have to uninstall and reinstall it too but I only got it on that one game.
Thema:

1. Games needing re-installed? - Similar Threads - Games needing installed

2. I need to install a headset On my game, its not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to install a headset On my game, its not working: I want to install a headset, it will not workYy d467efea-df0b-4986-b12c-1e4fa57f9f00
  3. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  4. I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I installed games through the microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need...: I installed games through the Microsoft store but when I try to open them it says I need permission from the adult in my family but I am the only one in my family. How do I solve this?...
  5. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  6. Xbox error code - '0x80270254' YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE GAME OR APP FOR THIS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error code - '0x80270254' YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE GAME OR APP FOR THIS: I cannot play Dead Space Remake on my series X. I purchased the game and downloaded it on to my console. When try to run the game, It says, "You need to install the game or app for this". Make...
  7. Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...: I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but now i cant install the game pass app. 669f409c-1ffc-4924-b160-961a33b673d9
  8. I need help with my Xbox it's not letting me install it and I just bought the game from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with my Xbox it's not letting me install it and I just bought the game from the...: Ok so I just brought Madden NFL 21 I tried installing it it stop at like 3.88 or 3.30 I looked it up on YouTube did what they said clear the local save game and i did noting i tried installing the...
  9. Xbox App Says Gaming Services need installing but this doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Says Gaming Services need installing but this doesn't work: When trying to install CK3 Xbox stopped working. It says that gaming services need to be installed and then when I go to the settings there is a message that says 'There was a problem loading...
  10. Need help with installing gaming services in xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with installing gaming services in xbox pc app: So to start off, I tried to install a game from gamepass on the xbox app on the pc, but then when the download got stuck, I closed out the app to try and get it unstuck. When I restarted the app...