Games keep crashing at startup

Discus and support Games keep crashing at startup in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having problems trying to open games on my gaming PC. When I tried opening Forza Horizon 5, the game froze and crashed on the loading... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AayanPanjwani, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Games keep crashing at startup

Hi, I've been having problems trying to open games on my gaming PC.

When I tried opening Forza Horizon 5, the game froze and crashed on the loading screen at the part where the speedometer comes up. After looking at Event Viewer, I got the following error code:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x646573ca

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.1778, time stamp: 0x48d14984

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000a5bbf

Faulting process id: 0x0x1C24

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9965489782E03

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.588.95.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon5.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 0ca9e6b5-9630-48dd-8e49-198c49f89d6f

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.588.95.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: Forzahorizon5

At first, I tried the generic fixes online. I restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried sfc /scannow in Command Prompt (yes, I ran it as administrator), did a clean boot, and repaired (at first) then reset the Xbox app, Gaming Services, and Forza Horizon 5.

When this didn't work, I looked at Event Viewer and got the above error code. I then tried fixing ntdll.dll. I tried all the steps in this Microsoft Answers forum post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-crash-with-ntdlldll/9aa59f80-99a1-4f3c-b2f0-7eb72df05b2a

This still did not fix the problem.

After all this, I contacted Xbox Support. They gave me the same fixes that I had already tried above and were unable to solve my problem.

I also had the same exact issues when trying to open Microsoft Launcher which may indicate that this is not a Forza problem but an Xbox/Windows issue.

Here is some more information I received in Event Viewer:

Fault bucket 1483753167890725063, type 5

Event Name: MoAppCrash

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.588.95.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

P2: praid:Forzahorizon5

P3: 0.0.0.0

P4: 646573ca

P5: ntdll.dll

P6: 10.0.22621.1778

P7: 48d14984

P8: c0000005

P9: 00000000000a5bbf

P10:

[List of attached files]

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 0ca9e6b5-9630-48dd-8e49-198c49f89d6f

Report Status: 2147487744

Hashed bucket: f5524e4d524cf009f49759a51a7cb8c7

Cab Guid: 0

Would anyone be able to help me solve this issue?

:)

AayanPanjwani, Jun 4, 2023
  2. AayanPanjwani Win User

It turns out it was a problem with the Windows Update KB5026446. After uninstalling this, the issue was fixed.
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Horizon 4 crashing

Hi Pawzfl3675,

sorry to hear. and thanks for keeping us informed. But can you help us to help you: "Is the game crashing right at startup (before the MS animations) or when syncronizing your game save?".
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Battleborn keeps Crashing on startup...

To solve this issue I suggest you to clear your console cache and the Mac address:

a)To clear cache on an Xbox One:

Press and hold the power button on the front of the console until it powers down completely.

Unplug the power cable from the back of the console so that the power brick in not connected to the console.

Press the power button on the console three or four times. This will ensure that any remaining power in the battery is drained, clearing the cache on the console.

Plug the power cable back into the console.

Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.

Turn on the console using the power button.

b)To clear your Mac address:

Go to Xbox dashboard. Go to system settings Go to network Go to advanced settings Go to alternate MAC address Clear Your Xbox will tell you It will restart. Once you have restarted play the game.

Hope this helps!
  5. allegretto2500 Win User

Lego Marvel crashes when vehicles accessed

The game will crash on startup unless you uninstall the dlc
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Gamepass Redfall Keep crashing at startup

Hello Blachart79,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It appears that the issue is in-game specific and the best approach is to contact directly the game developer support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern. We will help you how to get there.

To submit a ticket, follow the steps provided in the link below:

We will be closing this thread here in community forum after redirecting your concern to the right support team. We thank you for sharing your concern here. Have a great day ahead!

Thank you for choosing Microsoft. Stay safe!

Best regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Games keep crashing at startup - Similar Threads - Games keep crashing

2. Games keep crashing and sending me back to db

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games keep crashing and sending me back to db: Long story short, my Xbox series s, not even a year old yet, has been crashing and bringing me back to the dashboard when I play certain games. Some games I’ve played have resulted in crashes or...
  3. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  4. Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...: Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the Xbox home screen repeatedly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeps happening. The...
  5. Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Mahjong adverts keep crashing and game will not load: I click on Mahjong and it loads and offers me the opening page, I click on a game of Mahjong, it doesn't matter which one. The game starts to load and before it has done so an advertisement...
  6. Most games keep crashing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Most games keep crashing.: Hello, my name is David, and I have come for support due to the fact that almost all of my games that I have installed are crashing, I've done everything in my power to fix them, editing BIOS...
  7. My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My FM23 Xbox game keeps crashing upon saving, how to fix this?: FM23 Xbox game save keeps being deleted due to being unable to save. There is plenty cloud space available (over half the allowed). Any solutions? 2ea149a4-b3fd-49b6-8dea-4e52e8f03d0e
  8. My game keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game keeps crashing: When I play rainbow six siege, all my matches go well but as soon as I get the map fortress and select an operator, my icon keeps on loading and the game crashes after a while. It happen both ways...
  9. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...: I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this?...
  10. Games keep crashing on loading page and for some reason the 3 lines button isn't working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games keep crashing on loading page and for some reason the 3 lines button isn't working: Pretty much the title. We've been trying to load a Sonic Frontiers save, which crashes on the loading page and sends me to the dashboard. I would normally suspect a corrupt file however when...