Games have stopped launching from xbox app on PC

Discus and support Games have stopped launching from xbox app on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Gamepass Ultimate and have previously downloaded and run games on my PC from the Xbox app (windows 10). Although the app still opens the games... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SCOTTHARDING5, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Games have stopped launching from xbox app on PC

I have Gamepass Ultimate and have previously downloaded and run games on my PC from the Xbox app (windows 10). Although the app still opens the games no longer run. They go through the initial stage to open but then they close automatically before the game actually loads. All of my drivers and windows are up to date. Any idea why this has stopped working and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

:)

SCOTTHARDING5, Dec 18, 2021
  2. SCOTTHARDING5 Win User

Thank you again. That option is actually greyed out on my PC so I can neither select it or deselect it - it is marked off however.
  3. SCOTTHARDING5 Win User

Thank you Christopher for posting such a full reply. Unfortunately none of it worked - but I appreciate your advice nonetheless.
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

No, I had this issue around a year ago. I could tell you all the 10 steps I followed to solve it, unfortunately what helped me to solved this was to restart my PC as it comes here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

In the part of Windows 10 click on "Reset this PC" these instructions will help you to solve the problem, you can even leave your important files!
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Scott welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  6. SCOTTHARDING5 Win User

No I haven’t - might that help?

Thank you.
Thema:

1. Games have stopped launching from xbox app on PC - Similar Threads - Games stopped launching

2. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  3. Game stop did me dirty

in XBoX on Windows
    Game stop did me dirty: Hello.. My name is Matthew I was at a GameStop location at the beginning of the month and purchased a new Xbox series x diablo eddition. First I was sold a used system and brought it back the next...
  4. My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps stopping game installations from disc at 25%, and will repeatedly stop after...: This issue has been on here before but the solution didn't do anything to help. The problem is, when I go to install any disc games on my Xbox One S, they will download normally until reaching...
  5. How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to stop getting error 8x80190193 when installing game pass games on pc: Getting this error when trying to install game pass games and only game pass games on my computer. I have tried rebooting and resetting caches. This error happens on both microsoft store and xbox...
  6. Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did xbox live stop support for 360 games like Borderlands 2?: I recently beaten the game and came back a few days later to find that I can't connect to xbox live for some reason playing a 360 game but I dont have a problem with xbox live playing a newer game...
  7. Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my game download, it’s just saying installation stopped and won’t let me download it.: How do I fix a game that just says installation stopped every time I try and download it. b8aa3724-e6f7-45f1-8f30-d4a42379b4ae
  8. How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get the "Level Up Your Gaming Experience" message to stop showing up every time I...: I've answered this every way possible and I still get the message every single time I turn on my Xbox. Please make it stop! [img] *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*...
  9. My games stopped launching on my tv. Any ideas?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games stopped launching on my tv. Any ideas?: It was working perfectly. Now I can't launch any game when i go to "play" 8ef09786-c046-4625-877e-c3e45c6deda7
  10. gaming services stops Xbox app from launching

in XBoX on Consoles
    gaming services stops Xbox app from launching: the issue is as put in the title gaming services won't let the xbox app properly launch i know this cause i've run though all other troubleshoots to try and fix the issue reinstalling the app do a...