games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

Discus and support games from xbox game pass don't uninstall in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try to uninstal no man sky and doom eternal from my PC but it always come back after the uninstallation. I though it redownload and install... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nitro912gr, Nov 19, 2021.

  1. nitro912gr
    nitro912gr Guest

    games from xbox game pass don't uninstall


    I try to uninstal no man sky and doom eternal from my PC but it always come back after the uninstallation. I though it redownload and install everything because this is happening to another PC I have, but in reality those games never got deleted from the system in the first place. I can go to program files-> win apps and find their files there.

    I have tried every way, from add remove programs, from the xbox app and from the app properties->uninstall still there taking up valuable SSD space.

    I tried to delete by hand but didn't had permissions for the folder. Changed them and ownership and anything anyway to me and it still tells me I need permission from me to delete this folder...

    Some help?

    :)
     
    nitro912gr, Nov 19, 2021
    #1
  2. nitro912gr Win User

    games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

    ok I will! Thanks for the replies!
  3. XBF John Win User

    games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

    Hey there, glad to know you were able to uninstall them.

    I will have to save this for further reference because this is not the first time Windows permissions have caused this kind of issue to happen for users. If it's worth anything, the feedback you leave in the feedback hub on your PC goes to the teams that are over those products and subjects of feedback. I would highly recommend submitting it if you have the time.

    Best Regards,

  4. nitro912gr Win User

    games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

    Hello,

    When you go to the Microsoft Store app and look at the uninstalled games, do the products say install or do they say play? Are you uninstalling from the Xbox App, the apps menu on the settings app? Could you describe the steps you took in the beginning on uninstalling? Do you have multiple accounts logged into the Microsoft Store app or the Xbox App?

    Best Regards,

    XBF John
    hello I managed to uninstall them.

    First of all on your questions, in the store after uninstall, they didn't show up. They didn't show in the xbox app, or anywhere in the system at all. But they files remained in the folder. After a couple of days the system detect the files and show them again as installed.

    I first uninstalled through the add/remove programs. It showed it removed them, but files still there and apps reappeared.

    Then I uninstalled through the xbox app. It showed it removed them, but files still there and apps reappeared.

    Then I went to the app settings where you can, terminate, reset, uninstall the app and uninstalled from there too. It showed it removed them, but files still there and apps reappeared.

    Then I tried to mess with the file permissions in an effort to delete them manually. As always windows permissions are **** and while I was own AND administrator the system kept saying should give permission to ... whatever...

    And then I though to try uninstalling through the first account we made when installing windows for the first time. That is, my wife's user account that is connected to another microsoft account and have nothing to do with my account in any way. That means once you log in that account xbox is not even logged in to the active gamepass account.

    But somehow, even with me having changed the folder's owners and permissions, from this account I was able to delete those 2 games for good and since then they haven't showed up again.

    Honestly I do believe windows somehow screwed up the file permissions and because of that they didn't let me remove them from my account. I can't explain it in any other way.
  5. XBF John Win User

    games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

    Of course! Also just in case, I marked what you said as answered so it can help others with the same issue.

    Thanks,

  6. XBF John Win User

    games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

    Hello,

    When you go to the Microsoft Store app and look at the uninstalled games, do the products say install or do they say play? Are you uninstalling from the Xbox App, the apps menu on the settings app? Could you describe the steps you took in the beginning on uninstalling? Do you have multiple accounts logged into the Microsoft Store app or the Xbox App?

    Best Regards,

Thema:

games from xbox game pass don't uninstall

Loading...
  1. games from xbox game pass don't uninstall - Similar Threads - games game pass

  2. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  3. Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...

    in XboX Insiders
    Please add Xbox Gift Cards and Game Pass to Microsoft Rewards in Dominican Republic,...: Hello Xbox Team. Microsoft Rewards is officially active across Latin America, and we love accumulating points. However, the redemption catalog in countries like the Dominican Republic, Colombia,...
  4. Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming

    in XboX Insiders
    Dissapointed about the cap on pass and cloud gaming: I've been playing Xbox for years and others and I are opting out of buying game passes next month because of the cap. This topic is being covered by many famous youtubers prompting the exit of...
  5. does anyone have a game pass code i cld have

    in XboX Insiders
    does anyone have a game pass code i cld have: need game pass to play w pals would mean alot submitted by /u/Valuable_Cicada_8404 [link] [comments]
  6. I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub

    in XboX Insiders
    I made an open-source tool to fix XBOX PC Game Pass profiles missing from G Hub: G Hub often fails to detect games installed through the XBOX app on PC. When that happens, you can’t create profiles that activate automatically when those games launch. I made a free,...
  7. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  8. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  9. Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass cost?????: I truly enjoy the gameplay and Xbox Live experience, but I find the monthly cost to be quite high. While it's clear there's an interest in encouraging online play and Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,...
  10. Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile

    in XboX Insiders
    Can’t play online even with Game Pass Ultime on home Xbox with another profile: I’m on Alpha Skip Ahead latest version. My main gamertag is subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate and works like a charm. My Series X console it marked with this gamertag as main one. On other...