Games closing over and over again

Discus and support Games closing over and over again in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just tried playing my xbox one for the first time in a few days and whenever i launch a game it closes a few minutes later saying i must be "online" in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GooN RT, Dec 17, 2015.

1. GooN RT
    GooN RT Guest

Just tried playing my xbox one for the first time in a few days and whenever i launch a game it closes a few minutes later saying i must be "online" in order to play this game, or to make this my home xbox to play games i own offline.

I was in a party with my friends and never disconnected from xbox live.

Already have my acc set as my home xbox.

No other connection issues, games just keep closing when i try to run them.

:)

GooN RT, Dec 17, 2015
  2. Update starts over and over again

My box has done 3 updates in the last 7 days and it takes a lot of time each time.

MS does a poor job helping with offline update https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/system-updates-solution

there is no file to download.

do you people have this problem and/or do you have any suggestion how to get rid of it?

Thanx

Tostmaster

JaSamTostMaster, Dec 17, 2015
  3. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Update starts over and over again

Hi

Do you know if your console is in the insider (formerly preview) program? As this will probably be the reason the console is receiving multiple system updates in a short period of time.

gds1972, Dec 17, 2015
  4. Games closing over and over again

RobertBuckalew, Dec 17, 2015
  5. GooN RT
    GooN RT Guest
    Already tried hard reset several times

GooN RT, Dec 17, 2015
  6. xbox your downtime is idiotic.....get a real network this is just garbage

GurneyHalleck00, Dec 17, 2015
  7. psych1c
    psych1c Guest
    I realize that there's a hacker attack on Xbox right now, and that sucks.

My request is that you allow me to play my downloaded games offline, especially when they don't need any Live for core gameplay, etc. I can handle a disruption of service from time to time, but locking down the games I've bought through the cloud is unwarranted
    and a bad user experience. It incentivizes me to keep buying hard copies instead of using the great feature you designed into the product.

Thanks.

psych1c, Dec 17, 2015
  8. Games closing over and over again

Then just "go offline" and play them ,

Go offline

The Go offline option is for the offline gamer.. If you are connected to the wired network, only have to disconnect the LAN cable from the back of the console to go offline. However, if you use a wireless connection, the only way to disconnect is to go to
    the Network screen and select Go offline.

Note If you go offline, you'll occasionally have to connect to Xbox Live to get the latest system update so that you can play a newly released game

RobertBuckalew, Oct 31, 2018
  9. RobertBuckalew Win User

10. GurneyHalleck00 Win User

xbox your downtime is idiotic.....get a real network this is just garbage
  11. RobertBuckalew Win User

Then just "go offline" and play them ,

Go offline

The Go offline option is for the offline gamer.. If you are connected to the wired network, only have to disconnect the LAN cable from the back of the console to go offline. However, if you use a wireless connection, the only way to disconnect is to go to
    the Network screen and select Go offline.

Note If you go offline, you'll occasionally have to connect to Xbox Live to get the latest system update so that you can play a newly released game
  12. GooN RT Win User

Already tried hard reset several times
  13. psych1c Win User

I realize that there's a hacker attack on Xbox right now, and that sucks.

My request is that you allow me to play my downloaded games offline, especially when they don't need any Live for core gameplay, etc. I can handle a disruption of service from time to time, but locking down the games I've bought through the cloud is unwarranted
    and a bad user experience. It incentivizes me to keep buying hard copies instead of using the great feature you designed into the product.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. Games closing over and over again - Similar Threads - Games closing again

2. Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game capture disabled in Mirrors Edge Catalyst after EA closed the servers (Xbox One X and...: Ever since EA shut off the servers for Cataylst I haven’t been able to take game captures at all. This is only a problem for Xbox, it works fine when I’m on Pc. Until the servers went offline I...
  3. BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging

in XBoX on Consoles
    BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01 Closing/Disconnects during Charging: I'm unsure if this is the correct "Products/Category/Topics" for said issue, so if there is a more accurate place to be for this, let me know, thanks! BINNUNE Wireless Gaming Headset BW01, is...
  4. Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option

in XboX Insiders
    Games closed by the automatic shutoff timer don't show the Quit option: Usually games in Quick Resume can be closed by pressing menu on them and selecting Quit. That option is missing if your console was shut off by the inactivity timer. submitted by /u/MissingNerd...
  5. I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to download games before the 360 store closes, but i cant connect to Xbox Live,...: I took it over to my moms for wifi (dont have it at my apartment yet), had it hooked up through Ethernet and its passing all the tests all the way up to Xbox Live, and then failed everytime. I...
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  8. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.: Split from this thread. Same problem here. I have been playing the game for about six months and i am very sad to see my grind to power 600 ended. When I log in, it goes through the regular...
  9. Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. (XBOX 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. (XBOX 360): Three days ago, I received a message "Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again." when I tried playing Destiny. When I pressed "OK" the "Unreadable Disc" pops up...
  10. Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again.: I downloaded Destiny with no problems. Error occurs as soon as I start the game. "Problem reading game content. Please close and restart Destiny to try again. " After I click OK, the unreadable...