Games are stuck on cancelling/preparing

Discus and support Games are stuck on cancelling/preparing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Games are stuck on cancelling/preparing, I have tried: • Updating my computer •Repairing & resetting Microsoft Store, Xbox app & Gaming Services... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JulianQV, Mar 20, 2023.

1. JulianQV
    JulianQV Guest

Games are stuck on cancelling/preparing, I have tried:

• Updating my computer

•Repairing & resetting Microsoft Store, Xbox app & Gaming Services

•Using repair tools such as restoro

•Using the media creation tool

•Reinstalling all Xbox related apps

•Turning off IPv6

•Changing my region

:)

JulianQV, Mar 20, 2023
  2. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi, JulianQV! I appreciate you trying the steps. Have you tried installing your games using a different drive?

Go to Windows settings

-> Storage settings

-> Change where new content is saved

Then change "New apps will save to:"

-> to C

-> and then back to the other drive.

You can also try deleting all files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache, and then reboot your pc.

Note: This will only rescan all your downloaded files in just a few minutes then will let you launch the game.

Restart your PC to make sure all changes are saved. If it still persists you may also want to try performing a clean boot: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t....
  3. JulianQV Win User

Hi, Thanks for the reply, Kim. Unfortunately this did not work
  4. Kimmy_24 Win User

Hi JulianQV, I'm Kim, an Independent Advisor and I’m happy to help you today.

Kindly open the Microsoft Store, then click on the profile picture in the top right corner. A pop-up box will appear allowing you to sign out then once signed out, kindly sign in again using the account where your games are.

Open File Explorer using the Windows key + E shortcut.

In the address bar paste the following line:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

If there are Accounts and Cache folders available make sure that you delete them. After removing the cache, restart your PC then try to start the Xbox app again.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Game gets stuck on Preparing 0% than cancels itself

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the procedure below.

(Some users have reported that this allows downloading the game)

1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.

2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.

3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.

4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

- If that works, the download will probably pick up where it left off.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Game download

Is the download stuck at 0%? Only preparing?
Thema:

1. Games are stuck on cancelling/preparing - Similar Threads - Games are stuck

2. Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched

in XboX Insiders
    Games stuck at Signing in screen when launched: When I launch a game it keeps on loading in the signing in screen. I have been getting this issue since yesterday. submitted by /u/EclipseEternale [link] [comments]
  3. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  4. Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?: On Xbox game bar whenever I try to get on Xbox social it always says "signing in" and no matter how long I wait it doesn't sign me in. I was wondering if there is a fix for this....
  5. Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update

in XboX Insiders
    Updated xbox game pass pc now stuck on update: I updated the Xbox game pass app and now every time i launch the app it just keeps saying i need to update the app its already updated any ideas please submitted by /u/Suspicious_Coach_233...
  6. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  7. Xbox game pass stuck on logo

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass stuck on logo: the error occured when I was downloading ARK Survival Evolved and I read that I should change the name of "WindowsApps" folder to "WindowsApps.old" after that my app just kept crashing on start...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent: Hello, I was trying the performance widget for xbox game bar, however it does not seem to work. At random intervals, the xbox game bar just decides to stop and gets stuck at everything at 0...
  9. When I'm playing a game, when typing the keys get stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I'm playing a game, when typing the keys get stuck: For example like this: Hello have a greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Does not happen unless a demanding software is running. Also the in game character is also affected by the issue...
  10. Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games and apps stuck at 100 percent and won’t install?: For context I was reformatting an external hard drive today to see if it could run my games and instead I find out that the rest of my games on my internal are having trouble loading. My call of...