Games are not contingent to download when I put Xbox to instant on

Discus and support Games are not contingent to download when I put Xbox to instant on in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Not sure if this is an issue with Xbox live or an issue with the beta update from yesterday. Anyone else having this issue. They won’t continue to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DiscoNinja07, Jun 11, 2020.

  1. Games are not contingent to download when I put Xbox to instant on


    Not sure if this is an issue with Xbox live or an issue with the beta update from yesterday. Anyone else having this issue. They won’t continue to download unless Xbox is on

    submitted by /u/DiscoNinja07
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/DiscoNinja07, Jun 11, 2020
    #1
  2. Daft Badger Win User

    Why cant I play my game when there's an update, not putting the user first, sigh!

    Put your console in instant on mode in the power settings then it will download any updates when your console if off.
  3. DogRox1 Win User

    How to make external hard drive the main download drive?

    yes that's what I'm trying to tell you, instant on mode does not work. When I put it in instant on mode and I uncheck if Xbox is off turn off storage. That way when I turn the Xbox off I don't want the external storage to turn off but it seems to do that
    anyways. When I turn off the Xbox to download the DLCs or updates whatever, the power light on the power supply is white, the network is still trying to download the files because I could still see the network switcher blinking but the external hard drive
    is not powered on. So yes I know all about the instant on and the energy mode.
  4. SilentGamer895 Win User

    Xbox One and 'no standby' mains power savers devices?

    Hi there the best way to have it is on instant on- in this state the xbox one will automatically download updates when they become available. You can put it on energy saver if thats whats comfortable but you will have to manually download updates. Enjoy
    the Xbox one :)
  5. Daft Badger Win User

    Get Me Out of the Preview Program

    Or just go into the power settings & put your console in "Instant On" mode & the updates will download when your console is off.
  6. R_542 Win User

    Remote download never works on Xbox Series X, need giant help

    Hello, thanks a lot for the trick.

    After a few days of tests, it seems working pretty well now.

    The only strange thing is that after 20 minutes of being powered off (always in instant mode) the Xbox app takes two downloads to start the first one, while, if I turn on the Xbox remotely, I’m able to see my games list change in real time and to download immediately. I have the feeling that the console isn’t able to proper communicate remotely when in a deep state of “sleep” (20+ minutes after turning it off and putting it in instant on).

    Do I have to consider this a normal behavior? Or i should be able to download and see my games list change in real time from remote even when the console is turned off (instant on)?

    Thanks again!
Thema:

Games are not contingent to download when I put Xbox to instant on

Loading...
  1. Games are not contingent to download when I put Xbox to instant on - Similar Threads - Games are contingent

  2. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  3. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  4. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  5. game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?

    in XboX Insiders
    game previews and capturing game audio and video rules?: So I’m in a game preview and it says in the rules when I joined the preview that im not supposed to capture game audio/video or share the game with anyone but when I launch the game and start it...
  6. Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure: Xbox Cloud Gaming — Persistent Stream Connection Failure Summary Xbox Cloud Gaming streams intermittently fail to connect. The Xbox logo appears, a brief clip of audio plays (timing is...
  7. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  8. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  9. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  10. Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv

    in XboX Insiders
    Outer World's 2 bug on XBOX Gamepass ... cloud gaming via Samsung tv: Im encountering a bug on "Outer World 2". The bug is reported fixed via a patch. However, the bug is still on the clod/gamepass version. Specifically, the game depends on adding character...