Games and apps wouldn’t open on series x

Discus and support Games and apps wouldn’t open on series x in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I tried to open YouTube, it wouldn’t start. The same goes for trying to open a game. They both just have a black screen. And eventually the error... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Rishay_97, Nov 23, 2020.

  1. /u/Rishay_97
    /u/Rishay_97 Guest

    Games and apps wouldn’t open on series x


    When I tried to open YouTube, it wouldn’t start. The same goes for trying to open a game. They both just have a black screen. And eventually the error message says the game took too long to start. This was fixed after I restarted the console. But just be aware of the bug

    submitted by /u/Rishay_97
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Rishay_97, Nov 23, 2020
    #1
  2. NextMemory Win User

    HDMI pass-through, do you use it? And do you want it on Series X?

    I’ve never used it so it wouldn’t matter to me if the series x doesn’t have it.
  3. MasterOfRhaast Win User

    Can I use an Xbox One S Seagate hard drive to transfer my games to a Series X when I get it?

    So, if I were to get the updated Xbox Series X port of a game, either by buying the upgrade or via Smart Delivery, I wouldn’t be able to play it on the external hard drive anymore? Because I’m pretty sure that the Xbox Series X is compatible with accessories
    from the current gen, like an Xbox One controller. Wouldn’t that include hard drives, so you would be able to use them for next gen games?
  4. 3rdnfnlbst Win User

    Movies won’t play on Xbox Series X

    I feel your pain. Recently my daughter was home sick and wanted to watch Disney + on the Xbox. It wouldn’t play. I keep getting Error 39 and tried to fix it but to no avail.

    Microsoft has to start looking into polishing their system. I’ve had my Series X since December of 2020 and there are something’s that are overlooked. Like the Rewards app sometimes takes forever to open or respond from a command.
  5. AbbeTheOne Win User

    Xbox App ARM Parallels

    Hi,

    I am not looking to use game pass. I am looking to use remote play with my series x. The app itself is not opening up.
  6. Danpiano251 Win User

    MSFS requirements.

    Thanks for the reply. That’s useful.

    This is the joystick.

    “ Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One Flight Stick for Xbox One & Windows - Works on Xbox Series X|S“

    Hopefully might work with XBox S/X which if I’m right wouldn’t require any game subscription? Sorry I’m completely new to this.
Thema:

Games and apps wouldn’t open on series x

Loading...
  1. Games and apps wouldn’t open on series x - Similar Threads - Games apps wouldn’t

  2. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  3. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  4. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  5. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  6. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  7. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  8. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  9. September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 14,...
  10. September 10, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.15.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 10, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.15.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 10,...