Gamertag release ?

Discus and support Gamertag release ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello So I contacted support about a guy who have the gamertag I want (same name I have on everything except on xbox) but is inactive since like 10... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Loxxodon, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Loxxodon
    Loxxodon Guest

Gamertag release ?

Hello

So I contacted support about a guy who have the gamertag I want (same name I have on everything except on xbox) but is inactive since like 10 years, maybe more (only played to halo 3 and orange box, 10 achievements, one friend...), and they told me that
    microsoft was releasing gamertags.

I tried to look for more info, and I saw that it happens every five years, starting in 2016. Do I really need to wait one year if I want to change my gamertag ? The support can't add a numeric tag to his, so I can have the "original" ?

:)

Loxxodon, Apr 17, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag Release

Gamertag are not an on demand or request service you just have to keep trying or wait for the active person to release it

Sr numbers are useless except on phone calls or chat

Forums is not the place for them as I can call xbox support with that number and find out your name and phone number and address when they do the verification check
  3. H3PA80R Win User

Gamertag Release!

As the others already mentioned it could be possible that the gamertag you want to have will be available Maybe in 2021. Keep in mind, that the prefered gamertag could be used on any Microsoft Service. Even if it is not used on the XBox it could be possible
    that it is used on Microsoft Office for example. If this is the case the prefered gamertag won´t be available in 2021.
  4. DanMen334 Win User

Gamertag release ?

I don't think it's possible because if the account is still active even though not playing as much could not be considered inactive, you could try to keep the generic tag your contacts will see it with the name and not with the series of numbers
  5. Loxxodon Win User

Gamertag release ?

Okay !

Yeah I know, but I don't want to have a numeric tag next to my gamertag, which apparently is displayed on Sea of Thieves... Specially because a guy who don't play since a decade took it haha. I tried to pm him, I will see.

Thanks for the answer !
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Gamertag Release

Hey, Defuse! Smwutches and ngocphi have you covered in here, but I wanted to reiterate that once a gamertag is taken, or says it's taken, it is not available for others to take. When a specific GT is selected, it gets a temp hold, while customers complete
    the process. The Gamertag will appear reserved. If it's not accepted, then it's released.

We appreciate the feedback on this. If you have any further questions, I suggest checking out the
    Gamertag Release post for more information on this release. Thanks!
Thema:

Gamertag release ?

1. Gamertag release ? - Similar Threads - Gamertag release

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. how do i get my gamertag back

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i get my gamertag back: I lost my gamertag that was over 12 characters and i need it back i have had it for over 19 years 29154ee5-f75e-498f-bf37-96938065bae1
  4. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  5. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  6. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  7. How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I reset gamertag without paying the $10: I don’t want to pay this much money a44ece0d-7a8d-4b08-b3ec-ceae91c5d9d7
  8. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  9. Xbox gamertag replaced

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag replaced: I was recently trying to log in to my microsoft account on my computer. This account was linked to a gamertag that i have been using for that past 6 years or so. However when i ended up logging...
  10. People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar: People can't find my gamertag on Xbox Gamebar I checked my settings, nothing indicates why they wouldn't be able to I made sure they're typing it correctly f60ef53c-b54c-484e-bcd1-00cf2c88511e